rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Day Gaming: Street openers help

yesterday i saw this really cute blonde walking past me on the street, we made really long eye contact(about 2 seconds). i really wanted to talk to her but my mind just went blank and i couldnt think of anything to say!

are there any good street openers i could use for day gaming besides the famous roosh v 'pet shop opener'?

Direct day game here's one that I've posted about before on here and on my blog

'Hey <pause> I just saw you walking by <pause> and I just knew I had to talk to you <pause> you are <adjective/compliment> <pause> who are you?' TM - Johnny Wisdom from Rocksolidgame
Go from there, ramble rapport, use hooks she gives you.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (04-14-2014 07:41 AM)aria Wrote:  

yesterday i saw this really cute blonde walking past me on the street, we made really long eye contact(about 2 seconds). i really wanted to talk to her but my mind just went blank and i couldnt think of anything to say!

are there any good street openers i could use for day gaming besides the famous roosh v 'pet shop opener'?

Want to give us more context? college, bustling city, local city..somewhere else? maybe use props that the city's known for

Want to give us more context? college, bustling city, local city..somewhere else? maybe use props that the city's known for
[/quote]

well i live in london so its generally crowded with many girls to approach.

The above is how i first started in daygaming in London

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (04-14-2014 09:08 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

Direct day game here's one that I've posted about before on here and on my blog

'Hey <pause> I just saw you walking by <pause> and I just knew I had to talk to you <pause> you are <adjective/compliment> <pause> who are you?' TM - Johnny Wisdom from Rocksolidgame
Go from there, ramble rapport, use hooks she gives you.

Don't overthink it. If your mind blanks, go direct. Say what's on your mind - "hey, you caught my eye and I had to talk to you or I'd be kicking myself later". Bojangles emphasizes the pauses, you do want to deliver this line with a few pauses. If you just blurt it all out, the delivery is much less effective.

Always remember this: You'll never have 100% success rate on girls that you DO approach, but you will always have 100% fail rate on girls you DON'T approach.

Day Bang gives lots of examples. Check out Krauser and the Yad infield videos on Youtube. Read the Approach Thread on here (I feel like I've typed these sentences 10 times in the last week).

Try breaking the ice like this...

- Catch her attention [say something simple "hi /hello / wait a sec / nice haircut / what's that? / too blue" or wave to her or point at her with a smile].
- Deal with her reaction [say "it's ok you're safe I come in peace" or "am i too forward? just let me know" or "you're shy, it's fine" or "oh you're one of those, respect" depending on what she says/does]
- Start chatting / introduce yourself / show interest

The opener literally doesn't matter. You can say anything. You can just smile and say "Hi". I've found this out after doing so many approaches and I used to obsess over what to say. Now I realize it doesn't matter at all. Most girls will not even remember what you opened them with.

Well did your mind go blank or did you stall with approach anxiety?

Because those 2 are very different things. If you have approach anxiety I wouldn't recommend even going direct. At least from what I've experienced. I have been indirect cold approaching for about 2 years on and off and I am barely starting to experiment with direct.

If your mind went blank and don't want to use the pet shop opener, I recommend the GGL (Good Looking Loser) basic questions. He uses these for guys trying to get over approach anxiety. Go up to any girl, ask for the time, then ask her for directions somewhere, and finally ask her if she has been there. After that I'm sure you can ramble and get a conversation going.

Quote: (04-15-2014 03:03 AM)OMYG Wrote:  

If your mind went blank and don't want to use the pet shop opener, I recommend the GGL (Good Looking Loser) basic questions. He uses these for guys trying to get over approach anxiety. Go up to any girl, ask for the time, then ask her for directions somewhere, and finally ask her if she has been there. After that I'm sure you can ramble and get a conversation going.

Good point, GLL has a whole approach anxiety program that gives you a gentle intro. For me, what works best is just forcing myself to go direct and deal with it, but that's me. I remember the first time I tried to open direct. It felt like I had this weird tic by my eye, my heart was racing. I dropped my opener, she thanked me and said she had to go. What I learned from that is that it wasn't actually scary, and my fears were ridiculous.

Yea it's like the psychological processes that they use to overcome fear.

There's gradual desensitization I believe where it's small doses of your fear which will gradually increase which is what GLL preaches.

Then there is flooding which can pretty much be approaching direct from the get go. This would be simply exposing yourself to your fear in a high dose which is what your saying.

But everyone is different and they have to find what works for them.

This. Chicks have heard every lame line you can think up anyway, just saying "hi" is probably the biggest shock of their day. Personally I'd recommend simple every time. It's different from their orbiters and it shows you aren't trying all too hard, and probably don't really care all too much if she plays along or not. Gives a high value vibe.

I came across this opener from the movie, Mississippi Grind where Ryan Reynolds opens with

'Hey, I am looking for a woman, this tall, blond hair, devastating blue eyes, pale skin.. Have been tracking her scent for miles around here..' At this point, she replies but they are not strangers.

Would this be too direct for daygame?

At the moment, this doesnt have any qn or hook to make her talk so any comment to make this better is welcome.

Cheers

situational:
what did he just say?
the line up's quite long isn't it?
did you see that?

direct: hi, I saw you walking by and found you very cute and came over to meet you

indirect: hi, can you tell me where's the nearest starbucks

It doesn't really matter what you opener with, your opener's main purpose is to get her attention, that's all. How you transition from that is more important.

Just remember, if she has given you a strong IOI then you HAVE to open. Any old shit will do, its already in the bag.

It's the cold opener with uninterested woman than needs a lot of work (and it probably a waste of time)

Always chase up a free IOI!!!!

Like the others have been saying do cold approaches. Start out with a reading of their mood or something. For example, "you seem to be in a 'blank' mood." Build off of that.

I remember Roosh Daybang recommending indirect over direct. Since this is in the newb forum wont it be better for the newer guys to start with indirect first? Also, cold approaching girls who give no IOIs are quite discouraging because most often they wont be interested. I am not sure if asking about their mood is a good thing especially if their mood is more negative or even neutral? Have you tried it out? Some girls who are shy may not want to reveal why they are in that mood.

I also realize that if the opener is too long, girls get confused and ask to repeat which might be bad for the flow of conversation. Something short and interesting/funny is what I was thinking about. Something not based on the environment or setting.

Indirect can be opinion openers - "sorry to bother you, but needed some help answering a question me and my friend have been arguing about"

Indirect can be a joke or funny statement.

Indirect may be a compliment - "I like your shoes/dress/hair/jewelry"