rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

List of must-see world events and parties

I did a search but didn't find anything like this on the forum. If there already is, I apologize and would appreciate a link to that thread. Assuming I didn't screw up...

Someone posted in another thread about being in Thailand during Songkrang and having fun soaking others with water. Someone else also mentioned Holy Week starting in the Philippines this week. I've always wanted to go to these and other famous events/festivals/parties around the world but it's hard to get good info other than standard write-ups in travel columns. I would love to see some mini-data sheets for big events by those who have been with write-ups of their personal experience (and of course, their insights on getting girls during).

Events I've long wanted to attend but never had a chance to:
- the aforementioned Songkrang and Holy Week
- full moon party in Thailand
- Carnival in Rio, of course
- Oktoberfest in Germany
- Mardi Gras in New Orleans

Of course, there's a bunch more on my list of places/events to hit eventually but no point in listing them all. Just to give an idea of a few of the most popular ones.

Is there a thread like this already? If not, maybe we can make this it if anyone has good info.

I've been to Full Moon which was great, but I have a buddy who has been to every one on that list and swears that the Fallas festival in Valencia was the best he's ever been to. I'll definitely be going there in the not too distant future.

I would like to visit Bonneville salt flats possibly at some event.

I don't think Rio has the best carnaval. Eventough there are plenty of street parties going on, I still preffer carnaval in the smaller cities.

Full Moon is just OK. Thailand is getting worse evety year (been there 3 times from 2007 to 2012)

Mardi Gras- In New Orleans was fun though I was a bit disappointed I had a good time but not a whole lot more than going any other time.

Full Moon was fun as well but very touristy its the kind of event that is make or break depending on you.

Oktoberfest/Carnial- Have not attended

Ibiza in summer- I dont know if this qualifies as an event but I dont know how it doesnt. Expensive, but a damn good time.....

I'd say St-Jean Baptiste in Quebec, our national holiday, is a fucking party also.
Purely french, but literally millions of french honeys 18-30 across the country, in thousands of parties, getting smashed.
Celebrating the remains of a culture that's bound to disappear.
I did a contest with a buddy a few years ago, who could kiss the most girls in the night.
I finished at 28, him at 12. (and he has very average game)

This was where I partied last year, 1000 people jammed up in a Motel partying really hard.

[Image: 1ffc3bbcdd4811e2968922000a9f38c5_7.jpg]

With that considered, I would have to say that for sure, there's other national holidays around the world that would have HUGE value. Just epic nights.

Something like this seems cool also :

Quote: (04-13-2014 01:37 PM)FrenchCanadian Wrote:  

I'd say St-Jean Baptiste in Quebec, our national holiday, is a fucking party also.
Purely french, but literally millions of french honeys 18-30 across the country, in thousands of parties, getting smashed.
Celebrating the remains of a culture that's bound to disappear.
I did a contest with a buddy a few years ago, who could kiss the most girls in the night.
I finished at 28, him at 12. (and he has very average game)

This was where I partied last year, 1000 people jammed up in a Motel partying really hard.

[Image: 1ffc3bbcdd4811e2968922000a9f38c5_7.jpg]

With that considered, I would have to say that for sure, there's other national holidays around the world that would have HUGE value. Just epic nights.

Something like this seems cool also :

Canadian and have never heard of that. Sounds fun though.

Honestly, St. Patty's Day in Dublin sounds like a blast, although I've heard it's absolutely crazy for McGill and Western students in Montreal and Londton (Ontario), respectively.

I guess the most recognizable event I've been to was Spring Break in Daytona, Florida. Unfortunately, I had no game back then but it was still a blast. I would recommend everyone in their 20s to experience it at least once. If you're reading this, even as a newb, you'll have enough game to have a very good time.

Ultra Music Festival in Miami and Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas. I've been to both. Worth going to at least once if you're into EDM.

Great thread idea OP! Here are some that haven't been mentioned yet...

Sziget festival - Budapest, Hungary (Aug)
On an island in Budapest. Been to it in my blue pill days, was OK.
[Image: thewhitelies-marton-botond1.jpg]

Street parade - Zurich, Switzerland (Aug)
Weekend party time. Concerts, floats, scantily-dressed Swiss girls coming into town. Went years ago in my blue pill days, then a couple years ago happened to be at the train station in Zurich and saw the girls coming into town. Unfortunately, I was on my way out of the city. Want to go back.
[Image: 10-08-14-streetparade.jpg]

Ibiza closing parties - Ibiza, Spain (Sept).
While the partying goes on all summer, in September the mega clubs host so-called closing parties (after which the club is closed till next season). Not a huge fan of the Ibiza megaclub scene but some people might love it. Biggest club in the world is in Ibiza (called Privilege).
[Image: Ibiza-Party.jpeg]

Gay pride weekend - Toronto, Canada (June)
Might sound weird to have this in the list, but it's probably the best festival in Toronto, and a great chance to get laid (with a girl!). Loads of people, loads of girls, very sexual vibe. Can get make-outs on the street easily, and a lot more. Saw one guy fucking a girl right on the side walk at the end of the night last time I went.
[Image: gaypride1306303139.jpg]

Kazantip - Crimea (Aug).
Haven't been. There is a thread on the forum here. Was considering going. It should still be happening in 2014 despite what's been happening.
[Image: kazantip-2.jpg]

Exit Festival - Novi Sad, Serbia (July).
Haven't been. Meant to be one of the best music festivals.
[Image: 1_0.jpg]

La Tomatina - Buñol, Spain (Aug).
Haven't been. Where everyone throws tomatoes at each other. Would be no doubt a major sausagefest, but might be good fun.
[Image: xl_FDL-139-GP01-Tomatin-Festival.jpg]

Burning Man - desert in Nevada, USA (Aug).
Don't know much about it, but feel like this should definitely make the list.
[Image: Burning_Man_aerial.jpg]

Ladies night in any Eastern European club.

I want to go outlook in croatia and exit in serbia.
Matt was at Fallas in Valencia recently, looked a blast.
Ibiza been there done that, way to expensive and full of thirst
Tomorrowland I certainly want to go

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

I don't like festivals and stuff. Not my scene at all. Too many fucking idiots.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Don't forget the San Fermin festival in Pamplona, Spain... famous for it's running with the bulls spectacle. Also Tomorrowland in Belgium.

Queen's Day in Amsterdam looks fun and is on my short list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koningsdag
[Image: queens-day-2.jpg]

You should probably go to Coachella and Jazz Fest in NOLA once.

OK here are some more to add to the list that haven't been mentioned yet. Most of these are summer party spots not brief events, but seems appropriate for this thread.

Ayia Napa, Cyprus (Summer)
British drunks and mediocre girls, it seems. Famous party spot though, was there years ago for a night while blue pill so can't comment. Wouldn't mind going back.
[Image: ayia-napa-strip.jpg]

Sunny beach, Bulgaria (Summer)
Haven't been. Keep hearing about it though.
[Image: Disco-Orange-sunny-beach.jpg]

Magaluf, Mallorca (Summer)
Haven't been. Mallorca is an island next to Ibiza.
[Image: Magaluf-Clubs.jpg]

Mykonos/Ios/Kos/Rhodes/Crete, Greece (Summer)
Several party options on the Greek islands. See this thread for more details.
[Image: Mykonos-Nightlife.jpg]

Cancún, Mexico (Summer)
Doubt this place is good, but it’s a well known party spot so thought I'd add to the list. Playa del Carmen close by might be a better option. See this thread.
[Image: cancun_night_life.jpg]

Paceville, Malta (Summer)
Bit of a hidden gem I think. Malta is a small island nation in the Mediterranean. Paceville (pronounced: pah-che-ville) is the party spot. Tonnes of bars all next to each other, tonnes of people. No cover charges, bars open late. Super cheap drinks! Including at strip clubs which are also there amongst the mix. Was there bar hopping while visiting some friends there, so didn't get a chance to hit on girls. Would like to go back for party/girls trip. There is a little place there that sells delicious pizza slices at the end of the night with a super-thin crust, possibly the best after drinks food I ever had. Would go back just for that.
[Image: Pacevilles-nightlife-Malta.jpg]

Isle of MTV, Malta (June)
Speaking of Malta, it hosts the largest free open-air concert in the world. Space for 50,000 people, no tickets or booking required.
[Image: 20091218-161236.Full.jpg]

Carre-foc in Barcelona is unreal.

Oktoberfest is over-rated.

One more:

Santacon - NYC, USA (Dec)
Massive bar crawl dressed up as Santa. Tagline: "a nonsensical Santa Claus convention that happens once a year for absolutely no reason".
NYC is the biggest, but it happens all over the world, 300 cities last year.
Seems like it could be fun and great for pick-up. Anyone been?

[Image: 2010_12_santacon.jpg] [Image: santacon_courtesy_sfstation2.jpg]

Penis Festival in Japan.

[Image: attachment.jpg18178]   

Delete

RVF trip to Montreal for St-Jean Baptiste day this year?

It's on June 24th.

I will be there then..but SJB is not that great haha

I would add fete de Bayonnes in France..

Onbashira Festival in Japan. It only occurs every six years.

i heard tomorrowland and tomorrow world are also good