rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's your favorite Chords and Progressions

Pick you guitars,keyboards or fav instrument

it Can be a chord chart or a song

Mines are

Roberto Menescal - O barquinho, played by the great Paulinho Nogueira, my favorite progression of all

Chords can start in any key, Most famous version is : E7M9(no5th)->A#sus2sus4add13->A7/5-> repeat in one step down,D7M9(no5th)->G#sus2sus4add13->G7/5->repeat one step down. Chorus: G#m7->C#9(no5th)->F#m7->B9-(no5th)

Tom Jobim- Desafinado ,44 chords in a single progression

the chords can be found here

Will Smith- So fresh has only 3 chords in loop, sampled from the intro of Atabaque by Laurindo de Almeida & Bud Shank

Pink Floyd- Dogs The intro till solo has 4 chords, these are good sounding shapes on a guitar , shit will mess up (in a good way)if you keep listening if for too long

Chords in 1 step down tuning, C major key signature

Dm9
[Image: Dm9.jpg]

Bbadd11
[Image: bbadd11.png]

Asus4sus2
[Image: asus4sus2.png]

Absus2/5+
[Image: Absus.png]

Cartomante- Ivan Lins

Shitload of chords
[Image: slide-29-638.jpg?cb=1377893560]
Full chords Here

Tom Jobim- Trem Azul, singed by Elis Regina (damm this woman sang with her soul)

Chords are : C7+,¨G#7+,D#7+,A#7+ , it can be varied at will like C7+/G G#9(13) D#7+ A#9(13)

Tom Jobim- Aguas de março, Beautiful song, Jobim had his roots in Debussy's impressionism,poetry in the form of chords.(Elis Regina again)

The right chords of this version are quite hard to find, my guess is they are : Bb/Ab ->Gm6->Ebm6/Gb->F6->E9->Eb7M9->Ab13->Bb7M , Bb7sus4add9 -> Bb9 -> Em7/5->Ebm6->Bb7M. Repeat

Daft Punk-Voyager

Chords:E7sus2 -> C#m7add11-> C7M -> D7sus4add9 . Repeat

Beyonce- Love on Top, commom jazzy progression,nice chromatic shift at the end

Chords: Cmaj7,Gb7(#4),Fmaj7,G11,Abmaj9,G11. Repeat . Dm9,Gsus13,Em7,A7#5(b9).repeat

Starcraft- Terran 1 Theme

Rip Slyme- R.E.M (breezy/relaxing song)

The Seatbelts- Time to be know ~Be Waltz (Cowboy Bebop ost, nice song)

Any Jamiroquai,Hermeto Pascoal,Jobim,Joao Gilberto,Nujabes song

Nice sounding chords

Fsus4add13(no5) [Image: Ffff.png]

Any 7M9,M13,add11,m/5+,7sus4add9(no5th),6/9...

If it's cool with admin ill post more chords later, it takes time to cut and upload the diagrams

4 chords are all you need my brothers...

C - G - Am - F is quiet easy on the ukulele, although I'm still struggling to master different types of strumming.

Quote: (04-12-2014 01:10 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

4 chords are all you need my brothers...

C - G - Am - F is quiet easy on the ukulele, although I'm still struggling to master different types of strumming.

There's a ted talk where the 10,000 hours to get good at myth something is debunked(you need 10,000 hours to become top elite in a specific field)
excelent video on skill learning, guys finishes the talk by playing the 4 chords song on the ukelele

it is indeed a good heuristic template for outsourcing song learning, there's also the Brazilian version with the most popular songs of the last 20 years

4 consonant chords is fine, jazzy and dissonant chords requires time to appreciate , i hated bossa nova when i was a kid.

In the Music instinct documentary there's a study showing that dissonant sounds make babies uncomfortable, since these chords have and immediate effect on the listeners mood( Harmony is the pure translation of emotions and state while rhythm is Energy) Babies must have a threshold of how much emotions they can be exposed to, therefore Perfect chords (1,3,5) are safer(less introspective) and relates to a larger audience, that's why pop music has no more than these 3-4 chords

Favorite song to play on guitar right now...

Love the kill bill movies.

I'm into major sevenths. Jazzy, but sad.

C, Am, F, G. My favorite.

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

I'm a drop db prog rock type of guitarist- for some reason my ear likes a d-Bb-c and using an open d variation- sounds very much like Alter Bridge or the Deftones

I got a sick progression for you guys, try this one out and who can tell me what song it is...

EM (4 count)-AM (2 count)-DM (2 count)

EM (4 count) - AM (2 count) -DM (2 count) - 2nd inv. CM (C chord with G in the base) (3 count) move it up two frets to 2nd inv. DM (1 count)

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Also one of my favorite chords is F#M with the top two strings open. So F#-C#-F#-A#-B-E. Classic 90s chord worked to death by Pearl Jam. Mix that one up with an EM and a A9 chord and you're golden.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

It isn't about the exact chords, but how you fill the space between them.