rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Day Game in Australia - comparing notes?

I've been doing day game in Australia (mostly in Melbourne) for about 18 months. I very rarely see anyone running day game around here (I can recall maybe 2 or 3) and I have no friends who are into this. Other than some Australian dating/relationship blogs where blue-pilled guys complain about the women, I can't find anything to compare my experiences to. Hope there are RVF guys running day game in Melbourne - or anywhere in Australia would be fine - that can help answer some of my questions.

The reason I want to post this up as a specific Australian thing is that something has been bugging me for a while about my results, which I'll mention in a bit.

Brief info:

My day game targets: university students - ugrad and pgrad, young professionals (18-28 y.o), usually 6-7, but I have no problem approaching hotter girls

Hunting ground: uni campus, CBD, inner suburbs where the above targets live & play

Time: around lunch time during weekdays, weekend daytime while shopping or exercising outdoor

Me: Asian, 31 y.o (but look young enough to be a student), 170cm, muscular / athletic build, facially handsome (often called that by girls of all ethnicities), dressed smart casual (blazer + nice jeans) or athletic workout clothes when day-gaming

My history: notch count in the 20s, mostly from dating within my social circle, most are white girls

My approach: Day Bang, situation openers or elderly openers, ramble then go for 15-20 mins if sensing sufficient interest, bounce to coffee or exchange numbers by the end to catch up later for coffee, or drinks & live music.

Due to my limited time for day game (most of my approaches are done during my 1 hour lunch break at work), I can't go for sheer volume and so I tend to select targets that seem more approachable e.g:

- By herself
- Pleasant face
- Not overly occupied by BS phone stuff
- Make eye contact / send IOI
- Doing something interesting (e.g browsing some art works on sale)

Now this is where it seriously bugs me. In my 18 months doing this, I have had ZERO success with local Aussie / Melbourne girls (of any ethnicity). I've got a grand total of 2 numbers that ended up being flakes. Most of the time, I get blown out or they treat me as pretty much invisible.

The same game, however, has got me a lot more successes with foreign girls and even Aussie girls from other states. I've had 3 STRs (my preference btw) with a Swede 8, a Chinese 8 and a French 7.5. I've fooled around with Singaporeans, Spaniards, South Americans, North Americans, hell, even a Toronto chick. Even if I get nowhere sexually, I'd at least have a decent interaction with the foreign girls and we part ways with a spring in our steps. My game is fairly modest compared to most guys here, and I don't claim any crazy ratio, but my results with foreign girls seem to be about right compared to other day gamers around the world, adjusted for skill levels. Those girls like spending time with me, some even call me the most interesting man they've ever met. My favourite French STR calls me her Renaissance Man due to my various interests and passions.

Yet I get absolutely nowhere with local Aussie girls (I emphasized local / Melbourne, because I've had decent results with Sydney, Perth , Adelaide and especially Brisbane girls). This is only through day game though, as I used to get them through social circle, but I'm 31 now and the girls in my social circle are around the same age so do not want.

Now when I approach a girl, I have no idea if she's foreign or not, and it's only after the openers that I'd realise she is. To give you some examples from my approaches this last couple of weeks:

- I got on the tram, made eye contact with hot brunette who beamed a smile back at me. She was scribbling something down, I opened & asked if she's writing a story. Bam, London accent, and it turned out we have a friend in common. Number closed, told her to come along this weekend for my friend's band from overseas.

- Exact same approach (another time) with a local girl on the tram, got nowhere and as soon as we got off (same stop), she couldn't wait to ditch me and cross to the other side of the road as if I'm some potential rapist lol

- I went to a uni yoga class, talked to a few girls while we were in line. After class they had a free lunch, I talked to the same girls and more in the lunch line, then told them let's go outside & sit on grass as it's beautiful & sunny. The Aussie girls didn't join me, one would rather eat by herself. Four girls joined me: a Dutch, a Brazilian, a blonde American and an Asian American. We had a good time, convos were lively. I ended up getting the Dutch's number.

It's got to the point where every time I manage to progress to a half decent interaction with a girl, I expect to hear an accent and ask where she's from.

The only thing I've found from this forum about Melbourne so far is that some Aussie RSD coach claiming that Melbourne is the toughest city he's ever been to, out of 80-something, and that you're better off going to small hipster bars & doing social circle game. He didn't say anything about day game though. Melbourne girls are in fact very cliquey, but since I have not spent much time gaming in other cities, I really can't say for sure whether they're at all open to day game. I haven't travelled enough since learning Game but will be doing more of that starting this year (heading to America in a couple of months).

I'm lucky that what I'm doing seems to work with foreign girls and there are enough of them around here, but I'm missing out on a lot of local talents!

What is your experience with day gaming in Australia? And why do you think I'm bombing hard with local girls?

You don't say whether you're a Melbourne local or how long you've lived there. In Melbourne it's all social circle and the social circles won't let you in. Frankly, I'd move on.

I find Melbourne ok for daygame, but you are right, foreigners are better. Aussie girls are a bit like wet fish, often quite insecure, they lack confidence making them really quite tricky. Honestly, it is better to go for the 8-9's where you can find them, as they will be generally more confident.

Quote: (04-10-2014 03:13 AM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

I've been doing day game in Australia (mostly in Melbourne) for about 18 months. I very rarely see anyone running day game around here (I can recall maybe 2 or 3) and I have no friends who are into this.

There's a fuckload of daygamers in Melbourne. I haven't daygamed regularly for over a year, but back when I did I'd run into daygamers every time I went to into CBD. It's impossible to walk down Bourke Street Mall (or Melbourne Central, or Swanston street, or Fed Square...) on a sunny weekend without seeing a daygamer in set. A girl and a guy standing still opposite each other with flirty looks on their faces while everyone else walks by, they stick out like sore thumbs if you game too...

Girls from Europe are always easier and usually more attractive anyway. The CBD isn't the best place to daygame as well, local girls are always in a rush to work, shop or meet friends. Unlike foreign girls who are wandering around trying to soak in the city. I remember when I daygamed I developed a sixth sense for if a girl was local or not just from her clothes and face. You said local girls have only given you 2 numbers, that's ridiculous. Girls give their numbers out like candy even if they're not interested in you. You must be doing something wrong or you're not approaching enough of them since there's so many foreign girls in the CBD to hone in on instead.

PM me and I'll refer you to some guys who can help you out in daygame. You could also just go out at night. Unless it's a backpacker venue most girls will be locals ofc so you'll be able to get a lot of experience with them. If I had to guess though I don't think the problem is your game, I think you're just not approaching enough locals, you're too used to daygaming girls from Europe or getting laid with locals through social circle, which are both "easy mode" compared to cold approaching locals. Only approaching in your lunch breaks is also probably a factor, unless you're making very productive use of that time, but if you've only number closed 2 locals in 18 months I doubt that you are.

Quote:Quote:

Quote: (04-10-2014 03:56 AM)finton_the_toole Wrote:  

In Melbourne it's all social circle and the social circles won't let you in. Frankly, I'd move on.

[Image: lol.gif]

Forgot to mention, I've lived here since I was a teen, and sound like I was born here. People never mistake me for a FOB, and I look mixed as well.

I don't have a lot of time for day game (work corp job full time plus trying to start a biz on the side) or even night game really which is why I try to adjust my game for high percentage shots. I don't go for numbers unless sensing moderate-high interest. That's mostly why I've only got 2 numbers from locals. I used to get tons of numbers when I was younger running some PUA shit but the vast majority were useless.

The CBD isn't the best place to daygame as well, local girls are always in a rush to work, shop or meet friends. Unlike foreign girls who are wandering around trying to soak in the city.

That's a very keen observation, I haven't thought of it. A lot of my approaches are closer to uni campuses than in the CBD (except when I go shopping myself), but this might be why I run into so many foreign girls, as I tend to approach the ones who are wandering around looking like they're enjoying themselves. In a way, I was trying to select out the energy sucking & boring girls that don't bring much joy to my life, they just happen to be mostly locals lol
He
I probably don't pay attention enough to what other guys are doing, but I can only recall two. One did that sprinting from behind to front of the girl and running back to stop her thing, which I've seen in a video on RVF. He got blown out after a min. The other I saw at the tail end of his routine and tried to force a number out of the girl. She gave it to him but it seemed like a sure flake. I'll keep an eye out for more.

Thanks Deluge will PM you soon.

If anyone has experience with day game in Australia or any game in Aus really, please post up!

Quote: (04-11-2014 08:50 PM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

That's a very keen observation, I haven't thought of it. A lot of my approaches are closer to uni campuses than in the CBD (except when I go shopping myself), but this might be why I run into so many foreign girls, as I tend to approach the ones who are wandering around looking like they're enjoying themselves. In a way, I was trying to select out the energy sucking & boring girls that don't bring much joy to my life, they just happen to be mostly locals lol

StrikeBack, I'm in much the same boat as you. Melburnian, similar background, minus just over half a decade in age and maybe 12 cm taller, so the student game is a bit more natural for me. Mind you I'm not ruling out anyone closer to your age group.

Interestingly, I've found more success with local girls than foreign ones. Which is surprising because some of my social circles tend to feature backpackers/exchange students. I don't deny that the latter are easier and more often than not, more DTF. Maybe I just don't go out of the way to approach them; even though like yourself, I have a bit of a sixth sense for spotting them.

Like yourself, I haven't devoted a whole lot of time to day game and my approach count reflects that (engineering study load ftw). I did set myself a 100-approach count at the start of the year and I'm only hovering over 1/3 that, but I'm definitely seeing the betaness erode. I do get the chance to chat up cute customers at work -- bottle shop in the inner north. More than once this has gotten me invites to house parties and the like. I haven't closed numbers that way (yet) but it's still practice.

You don't say whether you're a Melbourne local or how long you've lived there. In Melbourne it's all social circle and the social circles won't let you in. Frankly, I'd move on.
Yep, sure, if you say so. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Lived in Melb my whole life and I don't even bother with the locals anymore. All my success came from hooking up with overseas students and FOBs. Melb girls are too masculine and pretentious for me to waste my time on them.

In Sydney, I've had most success when I've played the foreigner card TO foreign girls. After your opener try something like 'Yeh I've just moved here from *insert novel city*(I usually tell them I'm moved from the Blue Mountains) - and I'm looking for a great *insert place* (I usually ask for grocery store). You can even mention how you also JUST ran out of phone data and can't use GPS if they give you a blank look.

If I notice the foreign girls aren't in a hurry and are chatty, I usually ask them for a quick coffee or even a drink later that night. I've had more success with the vulnerable foreign vibe as opposed to the cocky vibe for daygame.

The 10% close rate from street approaches that Roosh mentions in DayGame is pretty accurate for the local girls in Syd. I've found it to be higher (closer to 20%) for foreign girls though.

If you're not growing, you're dying.

Agree with Prop about Sydney, foreign girls are usually more open and less flakey than locals.

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

I think local girls always feel like that have a sense of entitlement, whereas foreign girls are more open due to thinking that being approached is all part of the experience in being in the foreign country? Especially the asian foreigners as I'd imagine cold approaches from actual locals don't occur often in their country?

Sounds like local girls are tough for all of us!

I got an idea from Prop's post. Maybe I can pretend to be visiting from another state and see how Melbourne girls respond lol.

The 10% close rate from street approaches that Roosh mentions in DayGame is pretty accurate for the local girls in Syd. I've found it to be higher (closer to 20%) for foreign girls though.

Adjusted for my lower skill level, I'd say my foreign girl close rate seems in line with that. However my close rate with cold approaching local girls is as mentioned rather shithouse which prompted this thread.

Easter is coming soon and the sunny days are coming to an end. Gotta daygame hard this week before the students disappear for their mid-sem break!

Here's a tip: go to Fed Square and sit down next to a cute girl and open her indirect. Half the time they'll be foreign, but whether their foreign or local it's like shooting fish in a barrel. The girls just sit there out of boredom, to relax, kill time and soak in the sun or maybe wait for a friend to arrive at Flinders St. If I was in the CBD most days I'd literally hit up Fed Square for daygame every single day. Any time I pass through Flinders Street station in the daytime I always check out if there's any talent on Fed Square. It's also decent on Friday and Saturday nights before it get's too late, a lot of girls wait there for friends. The South Bank promenade also has a lot of bored girls walking around or chilling. A lot of girls sunbake on some of the grassy area's on the Flinders street side of the Yarra as well.

Quote: (04-12-2014 11:22 AM)JWLZG Wrote:  

Yep, sure, if you say so. [Image: dodgy.gif]

OK, I still haven't learned to keep my gob shut about things I don't know much about!

I'm an Asian who grew up in Melbourne, I'm in Canberra now working a public service job tho
Coming down for the Easter break, would be cool to catch some of you RVFers
Used to bum around with melb-lair guys for Friday nights, never really tried daygame

Since no one in this thread bothers to reply my pm's
I'll put it out there if anyone wants to day/evening do day game around melb cbd pm me for my deets srs..