rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Entitled pregnant woman doesn't get seat offered to her on the train, calls CBC.

Entitled pregnant woman doesn't get seat offered to her on the train, calls CBC.

This woman actually does an interview on this. Because she was not immediately offered a seat. She even grills down people on the train to try and guilt them into giving her a seat. She can't just ask she has to say nothing, then call CBC and complain and blame society for being rude. My guess, she is fat in the face and was wearing a jacket and nobody even realized she was prego.

'''Pregnant woman left standing on C-Train bemoans bad manners
Mandy Flynn says she once fainted on the LRT after no fellow riders gave up their seats''

She then faints on the train and blames everyone for it. Why would she leave her home in this condition?
'“And when I felt myself at the point of nearly blacking out I asked some girl to move, however, I just didn’t get the words out on time and ended up fainting around 10th Street.”

Even after someone offered her a seat a few stops in, the entitled bitch doesn't appreciate it.

''Flynn said on a more recent ride she was left standing even after making eye contact with people sitting in the priority seating area.

“And everybody looked up and then looked back down at their handheld devices,” she said.

“About four stops into it a woman finally looked up and said, ‘Would you like to sit down.’ And I said ‘Yes, thank you’ and took my seat. But I mean, at that point, the effect of kindness has come and gone.”

She then goes on to blame the kids in today's society, blah, blah, blah.
It must be a VERY slow day at CBC News. Link here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/pr...-1.2604310

*Sorry about the quotes not being highlighted I forget how to do that.

There should be a Vitaly prank video where he approaches fat women on trains/busses and offers them his seat "since you are pregnant."

Then when they say no they aren't pregnant and get offended, he pulls out a bucket of KFC from his bag and offers them some.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Maybe she didn't get a seat because... She's a bitch.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

I bet she is a single mom...or will be soon.

Deus vult!

Quote: (04-10-2014 12:16 AM)scorpion Wrote:  

There should be a Vitaly prank video where he approaches fat women on trains/busses and offers them his seat "since you are pregnant."

Then when they say no they aren't pregnant and get offended, he pulls out a bucket of KFC from his bag and offers them some.

I've done this on the tube. I guess I'm a white knight for giving up my seat to pregnant women haha but I've mistaken a fattie for being pregnant too.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

She's obviously a little bitch for going on and on about it and complaining to every one than will giver her two seconds of attention, but speaking in general and not about this particular case, not giving your seat to a pregnant woman? I agree with her, fucking disgusting people. I've offered my seat before to pregnant women, women with kids and elderly people, not because I'm a white knight or whatever but because I'm not a disgusting piece of shit. I'm healthy and strong, I can survive a 20 minute train ride on my feet just fine, they need the seat more than me.

I'm with Teutatis on this one. I'll give up my seat for a pregnant woman. Maybe she should have just asked someone politely.

I'll give up my seat if I feel like it, if I don't I won't.

Personally I'm tired of preganant women being treated as though they are delicate little eggshells.

It pisses me off when I'm going through airport security and these bitches get ushered to the front and they haven't even begun to break their shit down for the x ray machine. Their stroller, their stupid kid, nothing.

And they always have this smile on thier ignorant faces as though the rest of us have nothing better to do than wait for her fat ass.

Also, i'm friends with a girl thats placed in the crossfit games multiple times, when she was pregnant she was doing workouts and beating guys times up until the very last.

Women have been having babies for a long time now, and they used to have to stand sometimes.

Somebody should tell her this is one of the reasons why people don't do it as much as she thinks they should.

Being entitled towards strangers is a dangerous game.

She sounds like a bitch but I would have given her my seat. Same with anyone elderly.

I don't think having good manners makes you "beta" or weak. If anything, it's the opposite.

My first reaction was how is this a news story? My next reaction was this lady is on a crowded train wearing a winter coat and winter gear and has a chubby face to begin with, I bet most people didn't even know she was pregnant.

Now what happens after this article when some man offers a seat to a women who's fat and not pregnant.

Man: Excuse me miss, would you like my seat?

Women: Uhhm, thank you but why?

Man: Well your pregnant, you shouldn't be standing

Women: I'm not pregnant, why do you and society hate fat women, I'm calling CBS to get a front story article done on this.

It's rude to not offer a seat to a women who may or may not look pregnant, then when someone tries to offer a seat and the women isn't pregnant were fat haters. Seems like a no win to me.

True story, I don't ask girls in the US if they are having a boy or girl, or when they are due, because I'm always thinking maybe they aren't pregnant, they are just fat.

Often times they are both.

Unrelated, but how much weight should a woman actually gain while pregnant?

I've had two girls recently comment on Facebook how they are over 200lbs now that they are pregnant. I was a bit shocked by this because I have nearly a 1,000lb lifting total and I don't even weight 200lbs.

Maybe if she had a husband she'd be home laying on the couch instead of commuting to work on the E-Train
and she wouldn't have this problem.

Team Nachos

Haha. That whore should've gotten knocked up by someone with a car and she wouldn't have this problem.

I wouldnt want pregnant women starving themselves and not getting enough nutrition to babies who need it but like you said many go overboard. Ive read a healthy women can/should gain 18-28 pounds during pregnancy so a women whos 120 goes to 140. Some women during pregnancy show no weight gain at all in butt legs face only belly. I think they are healthy and maybe a bit genetically fortunate as well. I think we should cut pregnant women a lil bit of a break but therrs no excuse for ballooning to over 200lbs thats just stuffing your face and probably unhealthy for the baby as well

I'd give a woman a seat if she's pregnant. Problem is you can't tell whose overweight or not these days.

That's why on the London underground they give woman a special badge:

[Image: AY54898576Esther-Walker7-mo.jpg]

[Image: shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif]

Pregnant bitches are hilarious man.

The bitch should have swallowed.

Nope.

Quote: (04-10-2014 09:27 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Unrelated, but how much weight should a woman actually gain while pregnant?

I've had two girls recently comment on Facebook how they are over 200lbs now that they are pregnant. I was a bit shocked by this because I have nearly a 1,000lb lifting total and I don't even weight 200lbs.

Baby comes in at 7-9 lbs, but you have to account for the support system for the baby. My ballpark guess was 30-40lbs, which is high according to WebMD:

Quote:Quote:

Where Does the Extra Weight Go During Pregnancy?

Baby: 8 pounds
Placenta: 2-3 pounds
Amniotic fluid: 2-3 pounds
Breast tissue: 2-3 pounds
Blood supply: 4 pounds
Stored fat for delivery and breastfeeding: 5-9 pounds
Larger uterus: 2-5 pounds
Total: 25-35 pounds

Also, it matters when you gain the weight. The baby grows the most at the end of the pregnancy and most women don't gain much weight at all for the 1st 20 weeks.

Nutritionally, I can see how weight gain is an easy trap to fall into. You know those days where you go hard skiing, dirtbiking, surfing or whatever? You're hungry and you eat like a pig because your body's screaming at you to eat something? That's what pregnancy is, for 9 months. It takes discipline to supress the urge to stuff your face, and let's face it, the body acceptance movement is all about "fuck discipline, I do what I want without consequences".

So a woman should actually only be gaining between 5-9 pounds of fat.

Since I ride the subway almost every day, this is a daily issue. I've given my seat up for the pregnant, the old, the "I don't feel well" types too. Not EVERY time, but often enough. There are days when I've been on my feet a lot, and I don't want to get up. I won't be shamed into it either. Occasionally the news will do one of those hidden camera pieces with a fake pregnant woman to see who gets up for them, but those are largely exercises in shaming men. They NEVER point out that women didn't offer up a seat.

The problem with these bitches isn't so much that no one gave up a seat. It's that no MAN gave up a seat. Even when a woman gives one up, they shoot eye daggers at surrounding men that didn't do it first. I've seen pregnant women standing in front of a WHOLE bench of women on the train - many of them young and able-bodied, yet they all look up, look back down, and let her stand. Chances are that a guy stepped aside when that seat opened up and let them take it. Women don't give a fuck about ANYONE. With all the shit they talk about equality, they still expect men to be the ones that look out for the old, sick and helpless. They don't feel they bear any responsibility for anyone else's welfare (other than their own children. Maybe).

One day I was riding and a young mother with 3 little kids in tow got on. A young woman gave her the seat (she was getting off the next stop, so it wasn't a big deal. That's usually the only time women will offer their seats). This bitch went on to rant, loudly, so everyone could hear, that a MAN should have given her the seat. It wasn't enough that she got one as soon as she entered the car, but the RIGHT person in her eyes didn't jump to serve her baby-making sloppy ass. I see plenty of old men, men with canes, etc. never get offered a seat either, but they don't complain. Pregnant women aren't invalids. If you're going to travel that way, I assume you're fine. If you have a kid in a stroller, you're fine too. If someone wants to offer, great, but if not, shut the fuck up. You're not entitled to anything.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (04-10-2014 12:49 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

There are days when I've been on my feet a lot, and I don't want to get up.

Man, you wrote that and I thought, that's almost exactly what Rosa Parks said too.

A number of points:

1. People have generally become so unbelievably coddled. The modern woman in Western society has one or two kids. You'd think no one in history ever had kids before. In hunter gatherer societies, they had to be able to keep up with the entire clan as it moved about. Likewise, until recently, women used to have five or more kids and keep the house, and in many cases also help in the fields or work in a real sweatshop. Nowadays, women have one kid, with an entire societal support system and they act like they've just solo climbed Everest without oxygen.

2. Regarding weight gain during pregnancy, come to (developed) East Asia. There is somewhat of a disturbing trend of more women bulking up, but the vast majority of women still don't pack it on during pregnancy. They still have skinny arms. I have a colleague who recently gave birth. She is still carrying a little weight, but if you didn't know her before, you'd think she was still very slim. I'm sure that she will have lost all of the excess weight within six months. Indeed, when I first started working with her, she already had a kid who was a couple of years old. I didn't believe it because she was in such good shape. So I call bullshit on this trend of Western women bulking up. 200lbs? Really? I'm 6'1" and I don't weigh 200lbs! WTF? The average woman is about 5'5".

3. Regarding "chivalry", here's my attitude. When I'm in Asia, I do stuff like this because -- and here's the kicker -- women still act like women. Each time I go back to the West for a vacation, I'm less and less inclined to do any of this. They wanted equality. They can have their equality and go fuck themselves.

I was chatting with an Indonesian honey today, and the chat moved to the very subject of weight gain after pregnancy. We were chatting about my plans to see Asia some day, and I always ask about various countries in the region, and if she's visited or not. She lives in Java, but was recently visiting Jakarta. The subject moved to Singapore (her sis lives there - she married a Singaporean), and how Singaporeans boat to Batam Island in Indonesia to shop because it's cheaper. She had her two daughters on Batam Island. She'll be 45 this month, and in the summer her daughters will turn 22 and 18 respectively. I complimented her on how great she looks, and that most women that age in the US would be fat and old looking. She interjected that most Western women are fat because after they have children the don't care anymore! She wrote that she eats simply and doesn't eat a lot of meat. And she's very active - always traveling, etc. So women around the world definitely take note of American slobs...

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Kind of noticing a trend of women getting pregnant, having the kid, acting like they accomplished some difficult goal while patting themselves on the back and expecting everyone to cater to their whim. Bitch, act like a decent human being and 99% of people will give you that respect right back but don't think you're gonna get the world handed to you because you did what women have been doing for thousands of years. Especially when your kids are ugly and little brats.