rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Yeah, I don't like Tinder

I casually made a Tinder account about a month ago. I don't care too much about FB, so my profile pic was still the default FB profile pic which became the profile pic on Tinder. Then I forgot about Tinder for a month. I saw people on this forum saying lots of good things about it a few days ago and so I put up a better profile pick on Tinder. I have been swiping right since then, but haven't received a single match. So either:
1) in that one month all women in a 100-km radius have already swiped me left,
or 2) Tinder is not for small towns like mine (Waterloo, Ontario),
or 3) I am too fuckin ugly.

My game blog.

Quote: (04-08-2014 06:12 PM)future Wrote:  

I casually made a Tinder account about a month ago. I don't care too much about FB, so my profile pic was still the default FB profile pic which became the profile pic on Tinder. Then I forgot about Tinder for a month. I saw people on this forum saying lots of good things about it a few days ago and so I put up a better profile pick on Tinder. I have been swiping right since then, but haven't received a single match. So either:

TROLL

Tinder is for the top 10% good-looking guys. You have to control for the quality of the photo, though.

Tinder is tricky because, as we all know, you can control for a lack of masculine beauty with game.

Tinder takes away game, unless you want to call it good-looking guy game.

Its also not good for black guys who want white girls.

Source: ex roommate and friends

I can't even log in to Tinder on my phone....

I'd experiment with a few pics. Instead of pics that show your face close up, maybe focus on something that's more contextual. Like you traveling, or doing something adventurous. That might get you more matches than an honest/detailed picture. That's how I do it. It wasn't planned, I just happened to use recent pictures of me traveling and standing in unique locations, no close ups. It's worked for me and I'm fairly certain not in the top 10% of looks.

I've never been to Waterloo, (been to Kitchener) so I don't know much about the town itself. But I've got to imagine with two Universities (Waterloo and Laurier) there's got to be a lot of prime, young pussy in your geographical range. Edit: I just checked, there's 40,000 undergraduate students at those schools, according to wikpedia. As we know, most are women. That means there's 20,000+ young, student girls in your region. Edit #2: Conestoga college in Kitchener 11,000 full-time; 30,000 part-time students. More young pussy!

If you can find a Tinder formula that works for you (pictures + good message/text game) you could develop a nice passive pussy stream for yourself.

I'd consider investing a little more time in it.

Quote: (04-08-2014 06:59 PM)Monty Brown Wrote:  

What do you mean? Black guys consistently do poorer than whites on Tinder?

My game blog.

Quote: (04-08-2014 07:26 PM)future Wrote:  

What do you mean? Black guys consistently do poorer than whites on Tinder?

Speakeasy is doing aon experiment on this on the tinder thread right now

Quote: (04-08-2014 07:11 PM)Nemausus Wrote:  

I'd experiment with a few pics. Instead of pics that show your face close up, maybe focus on something that's more contextual. Like you traveling, or doing something adventurous. That might get you more matches than an honest/detailed picture. That's how I do it. It wasn't planned, I just happened to use recent pictures of me traveling and standing in unique locations, no close ups. It's worked for me and I'm fairly certain not in the top 10% of looks.

I've never been to Waterloo, (been to Kitchener) so I don't know much about the town itself. But I've got to imagine with two Universities (Waterloo and Laurier) there's got to be a lot of prime, young pussy in your geographical range. Edit: I just checked, there's 40,000 undergraduate students at those schools, according to wikpedia. As we know, most are women. That means there's 20,000+ young, student girls in your region. Edit #2: Conestoga college in Kitchener 11,000 full-time; 30,000 part-time students. More young pussy!

If you can find a Tinder formula that works for you (pictures + good message/text game) you could develop a nice passive pussy stream for yourself.

I'd consider investing a little more time in it.

I mean I would understand if I got very few matches, since I don't really have extraordinary looks, but 0 matches is a little depressing. Or may be it's a bug. Eitherway, I am quitting it if I don't get any matches in the next 2-3 days.

My game blog.

Quote: (04-08-2014 06:18 PM)Yeti Wrote:  

Tinder is for the top 10% good-looking guys. You have to control for the quality of the photo, though.

Tinder is tricky because, as we all know, you can control for a lack of masculine beauty with game.

Tinder takes away game, unless you want to call it good-looking guy game.

Agree. You need to be an extraordinarily good guy to get laid on Tinder. The only guys I know who've gotten laid off Tinder are extremely good-looking.

Also, a lot of girls use Tinder for validation.

I used to have Tinder. I'm not extremely good-looking and my results are better doing regular approaches.

I don't know man. My buddy has banged 3 chicks off Tinder now with the most recent one being quite cute and he's nothing special. Granted he's tall but he's probably 40 lbs overweight and dresses like a complete slob.

I have been swiping right since then, but haven't received a single match.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (04-08-2014 07:45 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

And from that day on, if I was goin' anywhere... I was SWIPING! Mama said this was my magic app

Hell it's not even good for black guys that want black girls. I made a fake profile of a very good looking black guy and he only got two matches from black women. Both of which were way below him in looks. Online dating for black guys is such an extreme numbers game I wouldn't bother investing much time into it.

Also, Tinder has value in giving you an idea what countries your look will be most popular. Set up a fake Tinder and GPS spoofer and test it in different cities around the world. Results will vary greatly. Use Tinder as foreign woman recon tool. I should do a full post on this topic.

Quote: (04-08-2014 07:45 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

I should put this on my Tshirt: "I have been swiping right since then, but haven't received a single match."

My game blog.

I live in one of the top 3 cities for single black men in America and get about 10-15 matches a week on Tinder. About 70-80% of them are black, but at least half of those are unbangable by my standards. The few Black chicks I thought were worth going on a date with were such a pain in the ass to actually setup the meeting with that I lost interest. The chicks I've banged from there were not black, though.

I don't claim to be the world's best looking guy and not race trolling, but a White guy of equal height, build, and facial attractiveness would probably get at least 5x as many matches. There's definitely truth to the whole black guys not doing as well with online dating theory.

Quote: (04-08-2014 08:10 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Hell it's not even good for black guys that want black girls. I made a fake profile of a very good looking black guy and he only got two matches from black women. Both of which were way below him in looks. Online dating for black guys is such an extreme numbers game I wouldn't bother investing much time into it.

Also, Tinder has value in giving you an idea what countries your look will be most popular. Set up a fake Tinder and GPS spoofer and test it in different cities around the world. Results will vary greatly. Use Tinder as foreign woman recon tool. I should do a full post on this topic.

Interesting stuff!

It might really be a race thing then. I'm brown - that might explain my lack of popularity on Tinder.

My game blog.

Small towns are no place for game. No (attractive) girls = no game.

Get in the city.

Quote: (04-08-2014 08:48 PM)future Wrote:  

Quote: (04-08-2014 08:10 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Interesting stuff!

It might really be a race thing then. I'm brown - that might explain my lack of popularity on Tinder.

Can I suggest a reason for this? (And let me know if I'm wrong.) From what I've long seen at work, school, and with friends, a lot of black men and women have stronger social networks in real life than whites and therefore less use for Tinder. In office situations, it's usually the blacks getting together at happy hour or putting together holiday parties. As such, it seems a lot easier to meet someone of the opposite sex this way -- i.e. when you're actually hanging out and having fun in mixed-sex crowds.

Whites, on the other hand, seem a colder, more alienated bunch who need machines today to connect. I feel as if a lot of white women, especially, deal with the real world as if they have their own private HR director in their heads. And IMO this has gotten worse since the 1990s (probably because white women have morphed from actual humans into corporate drones).

I used to joke about this with my best friend at work who was a black guy. He'd sometimes say he thought a white woman was racist for being cold to him and I'd tell him no, white women are like that to pretty much everyone (except the bosses, but I digress).

Being ethnic (Italian-American), I feel I fall in the middle of this and can see both sides. We have a good network, but we're not as tight as a lot of blacks, and we're white but not like white-whites.

I could be completely off-base about this. But my feeling is if blacks aren't on Tinder, they have no use for it.

(Addendum: interesting that the one segment of the white populace that does have strong networks, younger men, are regularly shamed as "bros" and "dudebros" as if having buddies and wanting to hang out is some sort of sin. Corporate America is the new religion of white women and if you're not working for it 24/7 you're a heathen.)

I get 0 likes on tinder when my pic is an actual face pic with me smiling. None at all, and I consider myself a decent looking guy.

When I had a picture of me standing outside a public bathroom, drinking a milk carton, that got me a few likes per day. And that was a pretty lame pic. If you have traveling pics? You're golden. All it takes is something different to pique someone's interest. What you actually look like isn't that important.

Quote: (04-08-2014 08:44 PM)Blackmagic Wrote:  

I live in one of the top 3 cities for single black men in America and get about 10-15 matches a week on Tinder. About 70-80% of them are black, but at least half of those are unbangable by my standards. The few Black chicks I thought were worth going on a date with were such a pain in the ass to actually setup the meeting with that I lost interest. The chicks I've banged from there were not black, though.

I don't claim to be the world's best looking guy and not race trolling, but a White guy of equal height, build, and facial attractiveness would probably get at least 5x as many matches. There's definitely truth to the whole black guys not doing as well with online dating theory.

More than that. With the test I ran, the white guy got 31x the response of a black dude.

I couldn't get tinder to work with the gps spoofer app (and other apps did work with it)...andoid lg g2

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Speakeasy, what gps spoofer app are you using?

There's already a tinder thread.

Quote: (04-08-2014 10:15 PM)shotgun Wrote:  

Speakeasy, what gps spoofer app are you using?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...xa.fakegps

PS - Also, to minority guys, realize that anything online sucks for MOST men because of the ratios, even if they are white. An "average" white guy isn't killing it on Tinder either. However top 10% white guys own the pussy on there. And every type of girl responds to them. White girls of course, black girls, Asian girls, Latinas. Dating sites/apps are basically just a place where women go to find hot white guys.