rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lifting weights on caffeine

Contrary to everything I have read on the internet, my performance in the gym *goes down* significantly when I am on caffeine. Does anyone else have the same problem? I don't want to stop drinking coffee and I don't want to stop lifting weights. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

My game blog.

Most pre-workouts have a source of caffine in them.

I have been taking pre-workout before going to the gym at 5am.
I am pretty sure it is just a shitload of caffeine.

The first thing I noticed is that it turns my ass into a fire hose about 20 minutes after taking it.
But after that, I'm not sure if it makes me go harder like the label promises. It just wakes me up so I am not feeling sleepy during the workout. Its hard to say if it really increases any performance.

What exactly is it that you are taking?

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Quote: (04-07-2014 11:14 AM)spalex Wrote:  

I have been taking pre-workout before going to the gym at 5am.
I am pretty sure it is just a shitload of caffeine.

The first thing I noticed is that it turns my ass into a fire hose about 20 minutes after taking it.
But after that, I'm not sure if it makes me go harder like the label promises. It just wakes me up so I am not feeling sleepy during the workout. Its hard to say if it really increases any performance.

What exactly is it that you are taking?

Some preworkouts give you the superdump. Not sure which ingredients cause that effect, but its there in a few brands. Not the caffeine tho.

If you can afford a monthly 35-40$, a good dose of BCAA's before training is fantastic and gives you an amazing pump since it is basically protein broken down to it's core element, which makes it non caloric and bypasses your liver to go down directly onto your muscles.

It is so effective that I was able to have full blown MMA workout on an empty stomach without any consequences to my performance. It completely took away the need for me to use some kind of stimulant to get a good pump at the gym!! You should definitely try it to see if you enjoy it

[Image: caffeine.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I've never messed with pills or flamboyantly labelled supps. I take a large thermos premixed with two English breakfast teabags with one ginseng mixed with ice to the gym, with satisfying results.

So I guess no one else has the same problem as me?

My game blog.

Quote: (04-07-2014 10:56 AM)future Wrote:  

Contrary to everything I have read on the internet, my performance in the gym *goes down* significantly when I am on caffeine. Does anyone else have the same problem? I don't want to stop drinking coffee and I don't want to stop lifting weights. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Stop taking caffeine before going to the gym. Problem solved.

Not everyone benefits from {fill in the blank} supplement. I'm a creatine non-responder. I fixed that problem; I don't take creatine before my workouts.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Quote: (04-07-2014 01:00 PM)ElBorrachoInfamoso Wrote:  

Quote: (04-07-2014 10:56 AM)future Wrote:  

Stop taking caffeine before going to the gym. Problem solved.

Not everyone benefits from {fill in the blank} supplement. I'm a creatine non-responder. I fixed that problem; I don't take creatine before my workouts.

Sorry, I should've been more clear in my question. Taking caffeine right before working out is not the problem. It has the same bad effect even if I drink a cup of coffee in the morning and work out in the evening. It's very strange since no one else I know has the same problem.

My game blog.

So essentially the only way for me to work out without passing out after the second set is to not drink any coffee at all, which is very annoying, since I love coffee.

My game blog.

For some people caffeine actually weakens them. This could be you. So stop drinking caffeine.

Stop drinking caffeine then.

Weigh up the pros and cons. What do you drink coffee for?

Do you want to be productive and gain results from the gym or do you prefer to be 'perked' from your cup?

Can you live without coffee?

I personally can't live without some form of workout, I get cranky and ill tempered.

Life is based on wants and needs. Do you 'need' coffee?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (04-07-2014 04:07 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Weigh up the pros and cons. What do you drink coffee for?

Do you want to be productive and gain results from the gym or do you prefer to be 'perked' from your cup?

Can you live without coffee?

I personally can't live without some form of workout, I get cranky and ill tempered.

Life is based on wants and needs. Do you 'need' coffee?

Currently I value workout more than coffee. That's why I am off caffeine for a month or so. I was just looking for some sort of trick that would help me do both.

My game blog.

I find it helps me so I've started drinking coffee again.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Could always drink decaf coffee if you just like it for the taste.

I've been using Super Pump Max as a pre-workout supp for a while now. It has a pretty big dose of caffeine. Now that I'm trying IF out, I might have to drop it. I did squats and deadlifts this morning and holy fuck, I was light headed.

Yes light headed is exactly how I feel. What's IF btw?

I like coffee for the energy boost. Not the taste.

My game blog.

Do you take it with sugar? That could be making your blood glucose go down.

Try ginseng. I notice you are in Canada so there should be a china town somewhere near you.

Go and see if you can find some raw ginseng root. First time I tried Canadian ginseng, I was so wired on energy, I was jumping through the roof and I hit my lizard so hard during backshot, she turned around and looked at me in annoyance.

Point I'm making is, there are alternatives to caffeine. Try ACV, that's been doing the trick for me so far.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (04-08-2014 10:17 AM)LaCobra Wrote:  

Do you take it with sugar? That could be making your blood glucose go down.

Nope. Black.

My game blog.

Quote: (04-08-2014 10:30 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Try ginseng. I notice you are in Canada so there should be a china town somewhere near you.

Go and see if you can find some raw ginseng root. First time I tried Canadian ginseng, I was so wired on energy, I was jumping through the roof and I hit my lizard so hard during backshot, she turned around and looked at me in annoyance.

Point I'm making is, there are alternatives to caffeine. Try ACV, that's been doing the trick for me so far.

Nice! That's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for.

My game blog.