rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Developing A Hustler's Mindset

This board seems to have quite a few guys with their financial shit together. For those who do:

What can you recommend doing to develop a hustler's mindset? Specifically, not just "you gotta hustle!". Break it down the same way you'd break down game principles to a newbie.

I don't innately have that mentality, but I would like to learn it.

I wrote a couple of posts about the hustles I've done, but I think this might be a good place to start: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-27759.html

Having a correct mindset is important like you mentioned. I think a lot of it is committing to the fact that a lot of these things start off small. I posted how anyone could make $200 a month with an hour or two of work in this post and there were more than a few responses of "I don't need $200 that bad" or "that's stupid": http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-33803.html Personally, I think that's a defeatist attitude and if you really want to condition yourself to figure out more and bigger hustles, you have to start out small and scale up... that is unless you're already wealthy or have some other attribute that sets you apart like a killer network or you're ridiculously smart, etc.

Start thinking about loopholes and how to exploit them. Anytime you think, "why is this done this way, it's stupid" try to come up with a solution. You'd be surprised how many successful businesses I've seen arise from this impetus.

Identify yourself as a producer rather than a consumer.

Start thinking about how to make money off everything you do in your day. You don't necessarily have to follow through with every idea but with everything you do think how you could make money doing it. Even as simple as buying a pack of smokes on your way to work, in Chicago where a box of smokes is like $12 in the loop, that's like 0.60 cents a smoke. Buy a pack in the burbs and it's $5. You could sell smokes for a buck a piece and make $20 off a pack.

I'm not saying that's a worthwhile hustle or something to do but just start thinking of things like that. I hate to say come up with hustles and don't do them because the number one thing that makes you a hustler vs a talker or a dreamer is the whole follow up aspect. So many people have great ideas but don't do shit to move them forward then they are worthless but just in terms of getting that hustler mindset start finding ways to make money off everythign you do.

Some of my past hustles I've listed in the make 15k a year thread, however when cornhole aka beanbag toss games were popular I made the game in my garage and sold and trade them. This is before every store carried crappy plastic sets and the only way to buy them was seeing them in someone's yard or knowing someone who made them. It was costing me like $16 in wood and paind and I was selling them for anywhere from $75 to $150 also trading them for 4 cubs tickets, 4 sox tickets, concert tickets, etc. I could either resell them or bring a few friends to a game for $16, normally good tickets to as office workers with season tickets who weren't going to use them. The tickets were worthles to them but worth hundreds to me while my beanbag games were $16 to me but worth much more to others.

You can dumb it down to one word "Margins" meaning how much does it cost to make and how much is it being retailed for?

What is the profit margin. The same goes for mentality in anything you do. "Will playing Xbox for 3 hours (Time=Cost/Investment) benefit me (Turn a Profit/Return on Investment) in any way other than temporary entertainment?"

Or should I go to the gym and lift for an hour then clean and read for the remaining 2 hours.

The answer is obvious but thankfully the majority of society doesnt see it this way. If they did God knows we would have a lot more competition.

CEO

I've posted it a few times on this board, yet I can't help but recommend Mickey Royal's The Pimp Game.

It goes over different ways of looking at business - how to determine which businesses are successful, how to figure out who's who in an organization, etc... This book has completely changed the business mindset of more than a few people, and for good reason. Royal's lessons apply to more than just establishing a lucrative business as a love broker.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth