rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sydney Datasheet 2014 by Biologist

Over the past few months, I have obtained an extensive amount of knowledge through the RooshV Forums. In return, I would like to contribute to the bank of knowledge here by dropping a datasheet on my hometowm: Sydney, Australia!

Background on Myself

Nationality: Australian
Hometown: Sydney
Ethnicity: White

The City

Sydney is an enormous city, with a population of over 4.6 million people. It is also an extremely multicultural city, where virtually every ethnicity, language and religion can be found.

It is the commercial, economic and societal hub of not only Australia, but the entire Oceania region. Jobs are plentiful and wealth is abundant relative to many other places in the world.

Currently, living in Sydney is more expensive than London and Tokyo.

The Girls

Group A – Local White Girls

Group A Subclass 1 – Upper Class Local White Girls

The Upper Class Local White Girls generally come from rich families who have been in Australia for generations. They are mostly of Anglo-Saxon background, but you will find other ethnicities in this group as well. You will find that most of these girls grew up in one of the following areas: the North Shore, Eastern Suburbs or Inner West.

These girls make up a relatively small proportion of the girls you’ll come across in Sydney. However, the reason I created a separate group for them is because unless you’re extremely rich or a celebrity, it is nearly impossible to lay one of these girls. Many of these girls will not even acknowledge your existence if they suspect that you’re not rich and/or famous.

These girls are rich, classy, highly-educated and generally do not sleep around.

Group A Subclass 2 – Low-to-Middle Class Local White Girls

This broad group encompasses all of the other Local White girls in Sydney. These girls come from a range of backgrounds including Anglo-Saxon, Italian, Greek, Former Yugoslav and other European ethnicities. They primarily come from middle or low class families, usually from the Western Suburbs or The Shire.

As expected, these girls are generally easier to lay compared to the Group A Subclass 1 girls.
Nonetheless, most of these girls still have an enormous sense of entitlement, even if they’re ugly and/or fat. Many of these girls describe themselves as feminists.

Group B – Local Asian Girls

The Local Asian Girls were born in Australia, but have parents who migrated to Australia during the late 70s, 80s and 90s. These girls are primarily of Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean and Filipina background. Group B girls constitute a sizeable portion of the local girls who reside in Sydney.

The strong work ethic that most Asian migrants possessed allowed most Asian-Australian families to entrench themselves comfortably in the Australian middle class. The average Group B girl comes from a middle class background, but you will also find that some come from poorer, lower class backgrounds and some from richer, upper class backgrounds.

Whilst the local Asian girls are generally highly assimilated and exhibit Western traits, they tend to be influenced by their traditional/conservative parents. Regarding sex and relationships, they’ll usually be somewhat on the conservative side; however, you’ll still find some who are massive sluts as well.

Additionally, they are quite hypergamous as they tend to restrict themselves to only dating men who have incomes equal to theirs or higher (due to the pressure they receive from their parents to find a well-off husband). At the same time however, most Group B girls do NOT have a sense of entitlement as they are smart enough to realise that nothing in life is free.

Group C – International Asian Girls

The International Asian Girls (otherwise known as FOB Asian Girls) are girls who were born overseas, but now reside in Sydney. These girls also constitute a sizeable portion of the girls you’ll see in Sydney, especially around the Sydney CBD.

They usually come to Sydney for study or work, and many of them aim to eventually obtain Permanent Residency (PR). Group C girls usually come from China, Korea, Malaysia (Chinese Malaysian), Philippines and Singapore. They reside in places all over Sydney, but you can find large concentrations of these girls in the Sydney CBD, Inner West, North Sydney and areas near university campuses.

I realise that there are many other types of girls in Sydney, such as the Middle Eastern/Lebanese/Indian girls, or the European backpackers, but the groups I have mentioned will cover more than 90% of girls you’ll come across.

The Nightlife

The nightlife scene in Sydney is very large and comprehensive. Friday and Saturday nights are the main nights during which people go out to drink and party. However, over the past 5 years or so, people have started going out much more on Thursday and Sunday evenings in addition to Friday and Saturday nights.

In this datasheet, I will focus on the three main nightlife hotspots of the Sydney CBD.

George Street/Town Hall

This area encompasses the venues surrounding Town Hall Station and those on George Street which connects Town Hall Station and Central Station. On Friday and Saturday nights, this is easily the busiest area for drinking and clubbing in Sydney.

Asian Girls (Group B and Group C girls collectively) will probably make up 60-70% of the girls you will come across here on any given night. If you’re into Asian girls, it would be worthwhile to check this area out.

Some notable venues include Star Bar, Three Wise Monkeys, Haymarket Hotel, Scubar (plenty of European backpackers at Scubar), Side Bar, Shark Hotel, Cheers Nightclub (plenty of hot Group C girls tend to congregate at Cheers Nightclub) and Scruffy Murphys.

Oxford Street/Kings Cross

Oxford Street is the centre of the gay community in Sydney, and Kings Cross is the red-light district of Sydney. There are many strip clubs in Kings Cross, and due to the fact that prostitution is legal in the state of New South Wales, you’ll see plenty of brothels here as well. If P4P is your sort of thing, there are plenty of options here for you.

You’ll find that mostly Group A girls will frequent this area of Sydney (although you’ll also find some Group B and Group C girls too).

Notable venues include Oxford Arts Factory, The World Bar and Candy’s Apartment.

Darling Harbour/Cockle Bay Wharf

The Darling Harbour/Cockle Bay Wharf area is mostly frequented by Group A and Group B girls (however Group C girls tend to avoid this area).

Notable venues include Marquee, Cargo Bar, Wallaby Bar and Home Nightclub.

Gaming Tips

Day game in Sydney is generally ineffective and a waste of time.

I mentioned at the beginning of this datasheet that Sydney is a very rich city (in international standards) and that it is the commercial hub of not only Australia, but the entire Oceania area. As a result, during the week, the girls tend to be very busy with work and/or running errands – they simply do not want to waste their time during the day to speak with random strangers.

However, even though the girls work hard, they play hard. Once the weekend comes around, the girls want to spend their hard-earned cash to drink and party. This makes night game a viable option.

In the context of night game, I have found that the local girls (Group A and Group B) respond well to the hard-as-fuck, alpha male type gaming that tends to work best in developed Western countries.

It is imperative that you dress well, demonstrate higher value, show some pre-selection and exhibit a strong frame. As soon as she senses the slightest bit of desperation or that you are not congruent with your frame, you’ll be blown out.

Whatever you do, do NOT buy a Group A or Group B girl drinks. As soon as you’re buying her drinks, she knows that she’s got you wrapped around her little finger. Try to get her to buy you drinks instead.

I have personally found that the Group C girls are by far the easiest to game. Even though many of them come from very well-off families back in their home country, they are generally much more polite, helpful and open in comparison to the Group A and Group B girls. However, many Group C girls develop arrogance and bitch shields over time because they have found that their value in Australia is higher than in their home country due to the simple fact that they are not fat.

For Group C girls, I have noticed that it’s best to tone down the hard-as-fuck alpha frame. It’s probably best to show these girls that you’re an intelligent and interesting person who has their shit together, whilst at the same time being confident.

Conclusion

Sydney is a great city to live and work. It’s very comfortable, there are plenty of things to do and the natural scenery is amazing.

However, in terms of gaming girls, I wouldn’t recommend it.

If you’re exceptionally rich or a high status male, you will do well. However, for the average male, it can be very difficult due to the incredibly high levels of hypergamy and the sense of entitlement of the girls here.

Great and thoughtful post.

Quote: (03-28-2014 03:16 AM)Biologist Wrote:  

Gaming Tips

I mentioned at the beginning of this datasheet that Sydney is a very rich city (in international standards) and that it is the commercial hub of not only Australia, but the entire Oceania area. As a result, during the week, the girls tend to be very busy with work and/or running errands – they simply do not want to waste their time during the day to speak with random strangers.

I'm not sure i agree with this statement, but can't speak from personal experience as I haven't made the time to do extensive daygame. However I have a few acquaintances who see some success with Daygame.

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

I was at the Ivy a month or so back on a Thursday (Free entry) it was okay, gets really busy, girls were kinda snobby though

I lived in Sydney for two years. Liberal amounts of alcohol and small amounts of social proof worked for me. Glad to leave due to problems with over consumption but have good memories

Agg, Sydney and Australia in general just seems like hell. If nothing else, the strength of the AUD makes it insane. Paying 10 bucks plus for a beer? LOL no. And then add to that the fact that even though girls are AS femi nazi or obese biznatches as in America it is still pretty bad. I feel like Aussie chicks are either really hot or they are just lesbo dyke types. So overall it just seems a pretty bad place.

I live in Sydney for 9 years (I am Russian expat). Honestly, I don't even look at group A and B and South East Asia is 8 hours and $800 roundtrip.

There's a very specific archetype Australian girls (hot, middle/upper class white girls) look for.

You better be young, tall, have a gym body etc. with a lazy toothy smile.

Of course there are niches. But for the mainstream hot girls you will find out and about at the nice venues, you gotta fit the mould. If you don't, it can be pretty brutal.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

However, in terms of gaming girls, I wouldn’t recommend it.

If you’re exceptionally rich or a high status male, you will do well. However, for the average male, it can be very difficult due to the incredibly high levels of hypergamy and the sense of entitlement of the girls here.

I dunno man...australian girls aren't that hard to crack, they game just like anyone else.

You've just got to remember that in Australia, there is a lot higher proportion of guys that are young, tall, tanned and gym bodied than in most other countries. Unless you've got a top 1% physique, you probably won't stand out that much.

But what aussie guys are not, is cultured, funny, and with broad interests and knowledge, so that's the angle you need to accentuate. Make her laugh, dance with her, just be a fun guy - but don't expect her to swoon at your masculinity alone.

Edit: And if you're black, you won't have any problems at all.

Quote: (03-29-2014 02:48 AM)Vroom Wrote:  

You've just got to remember that in Australia, there is a lot higher proportion of guys that are young, tall, tanned and gym bodied than in most other countries. Unless you've got a top 1% physique, you probably won't stand out that much.

I've yet to go to a country where the men are more physically imposing, good looking and with as high a level of disposable income than Australia. It's a penis paradise for women.

Australia is Russia in reverse, with significantly better looking men than women.

Supply / demand is one of the most powerful dynamics when it comes to game.

Consider this: You are a 6"0 tall white Anglo-Australian with reasonable style and looks, respectable game, and a middle class job. In Australia you might be considered a 7. There are quite a few guys like you. You are not 6"2 or with a top job so obviously not at the top of the male food chain.

You leave overseas and all of a sudden you are now considered an 8. Favourable Australian stereotypes are applied to you such as the presumed ability to surf, you are considered 'tall' where once you were 'average', and you must have a good job because you are living overseas.

You are a 7 that has become an 8 and the girl that would be considered an 8 in Australia is now a 7 because girls are hotter on average overseas. It may be a subtle adjustment but the difference is remarkable.

Quote: (03-29-2014 09:35 AM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

Quote: (03-29-2014 02:48 AM)Vroom Wrote:  

I've yet to go to a country where the men are more physically imposing, good looking and with as high a level of disposable income than Australia. It's a penis paradise for women.

Australia is Russia in reverse, with significantly better looking men than women.

This mirrors my thoughts exactly.

The women in Australia, especially Sydney, are spoiled for choice. There are PLENTY of very good looking, socially influential and financially well-off men here. This is why I mentioned that I really would not recommend coming to Sydney to game women unless you're particularly rich/good looking/high status.

The women here expect only the best, and this is because they know that they can find it.

I have actually made the decision to eventually down the track move from Sydney to somewhere in South-East Asia or East-Asia.

Australia is my home, and as much as I love this country, I know that I simply cannot enjoy an abundance of beautiful and feminine women here. I am currently working hard on my career/bankroll, and I aim to have a decent, location-independent income by the time I am 30.

Quote: (03-29-2014 09:35 AM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

Speaking as a Russian living in Australia, you've nailed it, mate!

Sydney sounds like L.A. minus the celebrities and glitter.

I've never lived in Sydney before, but I'd assume it's nearly the same as in Melbourne..? (lived in Melbourne my whole life ~21 yrs)

I'd disagree with the OP about a few things about Aussie girls overall (not specific to Sydney). Well off inner suburban private school belt girls aren't as "old stock" Anglo-Celtic as their working class counterparts in the outer suburbs, they have a lot of post-WWII immigrant geneflow from Europe (take a look at a map of British born in Sydney or Melbourne to see what I mean), a fair few are Jewish too. They're not the base of feminists either, being above average looks wise makes sure of that. The typical feminist girl comes from a regular middle class family but had the smarts to do Arts, Law or Journalism at a Go8 university. Saying upper class girls don't sleep around is just bs. Overall they might be harder than other girls, but individual variance is key here, I'm neither 6 foot, Anglo-Celtic or upper-class and those girls are one of the groups I do best with, but I can't pickup bogan girls from outer suburbs who some say are easier for the life of me.

Quote: (03-28-2014 08:44 PM)Tengen Wrote:  

Gaming Tips

I'm not sure i agree with this statement, but can't speak from personal experience as I haven't made the time to do extensive daygame. However I have a few acquaintances who see some success with Daygame.

Tengen's right, but Biologist is onto something, CBD's aren't a good environment for daygame. Unless you're flag hunting for FOB Asian's or backpacker girls from Europe then university campuses are where it's at, and you can still get those flags on campus anyway.

Quote: (03-30-2014 04:20 AM)Deluge Wrote:  

Tengen's right, but Biologist is onto something, CBD's aren't a good environment for daygame. Unless you're flag hunting for FOB Asian's or backpacker girls from Europe then university campuses are where it's at, and you can still get those flags on campus anyway.

You're right - day-game in the Sydney CBD is best if you're looking for FOB Asians (I personally tend to go for the FOB Asians), but it's probably not the best if you're going for the Group A girls.

University campuses are a great option, especially if you're slightly older than the typical university student and more established in terms of career/finances. However, at the same time you shouldn't be so old that you're no longer able to relate to them.

Quote: (03-30-2014 02:51 AM)Kizman Wrote:  

I've never lived in Sydney before, but I'd assume it's nearly the same as in Melbourne..? (lived in Melbourne my whole life ~21 yrs)

Sydney and Melbourne are VERY similar.

I generally put them both in the same "do not bang" category, along with other places such as Toronto, DC and Denmark.

Quote: (03-30-2014 06:23 AM)Biologist Wrote:  

I generally put them both in the same "do not bang" category, along with other places such as Toronto, DC and Denmark.

Where would you suggest going then for a 'do bang' category?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

I wouldn't say they're very similar at all, just similarly bad female wise (or so I hear, I haven't been to Sydney in a while). Sydney is the corporate capital with great weather and beaches and Melbourne is the cultural, sporting and hipster capital, similarly sized and a bit cheaper but with less natural beauty than Sydney. Visitors often say Sydney is a better version of San Diego and say Melbourne is like Berlin with all the hipsters and street art.

That reminds me, OP didn't mention hipsters at all. They deserve they're own separate category, as do wog girls (Italian, Greek, Lebanese, Maltese etc.)

Quote: (03-30-2014 06:33 AM)Mentavious Wrote:  

Where would you suggest going then for a 'do bang' category?

In my opinion, any city or country that is economically undeveloped is good for gaming - the best examples are South-East Asia and Eastern Europe.

However, within Australia, the smaller cities (like Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide) might be better, but the trade-off is that the quality of girls in these cities is generally not going to be as high.

Quote: (03-30-2014 06:43 AM)Deluge Wrote:  

I wouldn't say they're very similar at all, just similarly bad female wise (or so I hear, I haven't been to Sydney in a while). Sydney is the corporate capital with great weather and beaches and Melbourne is the cultural, sporting and hipster capital, similarly sized and a bit cheaper but with less natural beauty than Sydney. Visitors often say Sydney is a better version of San Diego and say Melbourne is like Berlin with all the hipsters and street art.

That reminds me, OP didn't mention hipsters at all. They deserve they're own separate category, as do wog girls (Italian, Greek, Lebanese, Maltese etc.)

I did actually mention Italian, Greek and Middle-Eastern girls.

I tried to not make my datasheet too long so I focussed mostly on the broadest categories of girls that can be found in Sydney. Regarding hipster girls, you're right - there is definitely a large hipster niche field in both Melbourne and Sydney.

This has been discussed previously.

Sydney, Gold Coast and Perth are all better for girls than Melbourne, Newcastle arguably too.

Adelaide, no. The place is dire, nearly as bad as Canberra.

Worth adding: I'm not familiar with what type the venues in the OP are, but generally if you go to "mainstream" venues over upper tier or indie/hipster ones you're doing something wrong. With some exceptions, the former have way more fatties, trashy and masculine behaviour, worse ratios and a 10 fewer IQ points per person. Not to mention the amount of people blowing out puking everywhere from GHB outside the club. Thinking back to Alex from RSD's famous hate video, for a really cool guy he displayed some really awful venue selection. The places he based his experience on were all "mainstream" ones well known in the local community to suck for girls. At one point he recommended one infamous club that everyone knew was bottom of the barrel awful for anything but doing scum-tier drugs till 9 am and we all just laughed at him for how clueless his venue advice was.

I spent about 6 months in Sydney and thoroughly enjoyed it for the sunshine, the scenery, the fantastically high wage, the good banter with Aussie lads...

...but its absolutely shocking for game. I'm 6ft 0 tall and generally hover around 200lbs and 10% bodyfat - I played rugby in college and have kept up a fairly decent workout program since. In most countries I've ever been in I get drunk girls opening me, walking up to me and complementing my body etc. In Australia I felt slightly below average. Every single middle class 20something Aussie guy I was friends with was 6ft+, 200lbs+ and ripped. I've never been in another place in my life with such an ingrained gym culture (and solid genetics, apparently).

If you're an 8 in the U.S./Europe as a guy you'll be a 6 in Sydney. This distorts the hooking up/dating market so much its not even funny.

Australia is hard because how can you possibly be the best?

Almost everyone has a good disposable income. To really stand out you would need $200k+.

A huge number of guys are already built and in shape. To really stand out you need to be shredded.

Maybe 20-30% of guys are aggressive approachers. To stand out you need to be more aggressive and play higher volume.

Social circle game is v strongly entrenched. Girls in Australia like to meet guys through friends of friends.

Where can you get the edge? The edge is usually either v well connected in hipster scene, 6"2 and athletic, being some random good looking Spanish, Italian or Brazilian dude in Australia, or hitting the right niche (???) hard. Most guys end up hitting up the Asians or Euro backpackers instead.

Move overseas and all this extra effort is completely superfluous. The international standard for a dude is far lower.