rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The most progressive commercial you'll ever see

I remember, a year or two ago, when Tuth did a great breakdown on not-so-subtle portrayals in commercials, of men as the clueless retard, and women as savvy, confident go-getters.

Well, it really has gotten to this point. This commercial reminds me of the Lena Dunham SNL fiasco. This commercial isn't even remotely funny, and if anything just seeks to bash its audience over the head with its gut-wrenching, cringe-worthy progressive bullshit:

It's been years since I ate a candy bar, and I'm willing to bet the #1 consumer of candy bars (besides kids) are career women.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

The ad is odd. I imagine some nerdy dude said to his nerdy friends, "ohmygod wouldn't it be funny if we had builders talking like feminists? Wouldn't it, wouldn't it?" When you actually flesh it out, it falls flat.

The ad itself is neutral on feminism, if not mocking it. It's saying builders holler at women, except when they're hungry. And they should eat, and then they'll resume being their cat-calling selves.

My beef with this ad is that it's not funny.

Yeah, I see that commercial as mocking feminism more than being progressive. It kind of mocks how stupid it sounds when women hear what feminist think they want men to be like. You can see the confused look on their faces, like they're saying "what the fuck is this bullshit?".

Guys chill, it doesn't show the men as dumb, or dickheads. I thought it was kind of funny actually. You've got to be able to take some things lightly and kind of chuckle about them instead of pulling out the firearms. This is NOTHING like the Lena Dunham SNL fiasco.

It's just moderately funny misdirection humor...and I think the people on the street were real...so that make it a bit better. Of course the ideas they are toting are BS for the most part...

..but okay as I write this I see how this is targeted towards chicks like the fat maroon sweater wearing chick in the film. But it doesn't go over the top or put men down. It calmly states their opinion mainly to target not-hot career girls. It's using "Comfort Game" on career 6's to sell them candy essentially.

You don't get there till you get there

I definitely laughed out loud. The message here is that real men don't actually believe and would never actually say things like this--unless under some sort of duress.

I thought it was pretty funny.

That was embarrassing.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

I thought it was funnier than the 95% of other ads that try to be funny

Things that never happens in real life #346

Deus vult!

It's not just this. If you pay attention, you'll notice that the white male is always the weakling and the idiot in every commercial. Women and Blacks are always the smart ones having to suffer these fools.

The way as I perceived it, this was a really funny add mocking, almost trolling feminism.

Not going to make me buy snickers trough.

I just interpreted it as trying to be funny via role reversal: i.e. Construction workers reciting feminist bullshit to women instead of whistling etc. as usual. If anything, it pokes fun at feminism more. The subtle message is that being a male feminist is not being yourself. The commercial part is that you need a candy bar.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Haha what's that shit about snickers at the end? It's perfect- corporations making money off of social/political drama.

Yeah, this ad isn't progressive. There is no deeper meaning. It is just a silly commercial of construction workers acting differently when they are hungry. It is much more clever than the Snickers commercials we get in the US.

The dreadlocked Aussie sounded drunk so that made me lol.

Progressive? If anything they make that shit look ridiculous. I thought it was pretty funny.

"I appreciate your appearance as just one aspect of who you are" -- I might actually say this to a girl. Sarcastically, of course.

Quote: (03-27-2014 12:53 AM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

I remember, a year or two ago, when Tuth did a great breakdown on not-so-subtle portrayals in commercials, of men as the clueless retard, and women as savvy, confident go-getters.

Well, it really has gotten to this point. This commercial reminds me of the Lena Dunham SNL fiasco. This commercial isn't even remotely funny, and if anything just seeks to bash its audience over the head with its gut-wrenching, cringe-worthy progressive bullshit:

It's been years since I ate a candy bar, and I'm willing to bet the #1 consumer of candy bars (besides kids) are career women.
I'm a construction worker, and unless you did this in a tongue and cheek way, you would be called a homosexual on my crew.

This is all sorts of lame. Real construction dudes would be going on about how hard we'd bang the fuck out of that first girl, and then string it back to some hillarious sexual experience we had.

And fuck, get a bunch of grown ass men, on a hard as fuck construction site, and keep us hungry. People are practically fucking fist fighting eachother.

If feminism ever hits my construction site like this, that's it, i'm done. i'm moving to the fucking moon.

A humble gentleman's blog about pussy, cigars, and game.

LATEST POST:
The Problem With Nightclubs

Also check out my blog for cigar discussion and reviews.

I thought it was hilarious. The part that really got me was the blonde woman who felt empowered and encouraged by a man saying what she wanted to hear. Read that again. These women felt better because men gave them validation. It worked. This commercial is red pill, though it clearly wasn't intended.

Quote: (03-27-2014 08:24 AM)Glaucon Wrote:  

Things that never happens in real life #346

I was waiting for the foreman to come out cursing telling them to get back to work. Then Snickers showed up. If the foreman came out and gave them Snickers at the end like all of their other commercials it would have been better.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.