rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's the best Travel WALLET?

A little overlooked necessity for ALL of us, what's the best Travel WALLET? What do you use - what's your ideal wallet?

This is perhaps the most overlooked travel tool, yet it clearly competes with any electronic tool for importance. Do you not even think about it?

By habit, I've eschewed cloth wallets, always preferring leather ones.
But habits can be bad. I've always let my wallet's grow to Costanza thickness - and this has been bad for my spine because in sitting, it stresses one side (because the wallet is under one butt check), neglecting the other. The best I can do it alternate read pockets or
put in my jacket.

Just coming to my attention is a line of wallets by "Belltoy,"
http://bellroy.com/wallets
designed to be thinner bi-folds, more useful, and accommodating foreign currency as well as passports!

The even have a micro pen for filling out customs forms and tiny sleeve for the all-important sim card.

From the choices at the link - since I'm an XL-tall man, I'm choosing between the "Hid and Seek," the minimalist "Passport Sleeve," and the maxi sized "Travel Wallet" which can holster even two passports!

But tell me - who buys the double sized, zip-closing refrigerator-sized wallet, "Take Out?" http://bellroy.com/wallets/take-out-wallet#chai

PS - as usual, Amazon provides a plethora of user-opinions on these wallets to chew over - helpful in sharpening one's own selection criteria.
FOR EXAMPLE,
http://www.amazon.com/Bellroy-Mens-Leath...B00GTUIFSE

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

seems a bit pricey for a "travel wallet" I used a travel pouch, which you can attach to a belt and keep it hidden in your pants, it costs like $5-10. Cant get robbed unless they take your pants off and you cant feel it either.

A bit like this and you conceal it on the inside

[Image: mYRfAbOe0TOZFNVwlWAZ1Tw.jpg]

Quote: (03-24-2014 08:23 PM)Afarang Wrote:  

seems a bit pricey for a "travel wallet" I used a travel pouch, which you can attach to a belt and keep it hidden in your pants, it costs like $5-10. Cant get robbed unless they take your pants off and you cant feel it either.

A bit like this and you conceal it on the inside

[Image: mYRfAbOe0TOZFNVwlWAZ1Tw.jpg]

SURE, cloth anything items are much much cheaper. For many, it doesn't matter.

But leather personal items, for men especially, is more like everyday jewelry is to a woman: a marque of identity or status.
And for me finding ANY wallet that isn't tiny, micro-sized, is a difficult task, indeed. For example, recently, before a trip to Las Vegas, I was in Nieman Marcus and couldn't find a thing that was truly "man-sized."

But to each his own.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

I really like the travel wallet, but it seems kind of expensive for a wallet. Maybe I am just cheap. The last one on that site is borderline manpurse.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

my favourite is

Normalcy Is The Rat Race, A Modern-Day Slavery.

The best travel wallet is no wallet.

Small bills in one pocket for regular purchases, large bills in another or in the sock.

Minimal ID, minimal credit or ATM card in another pocket.

Quote: (03-24-2014 11:42 PM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Small bills in one pocket for regular purchases, large bills in another or in the sock.

Sounds great - THAT'LL work at the beach.
But if you need a passport with you?

I rarely keep my passport on my person (usually leave it in hotel safe, etc). I do keep it in a Billykirk passport wallet whenever I travel though. Its nice enough I can take it with me, put some cards and money, etc if I'm buying something I want to get a VAT refund on. Leather is great and looks great the more you abuse it.
http://www.billykirk.com/products/no-153...pocket-tan

[Image: 153_tan_2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1349662935]

For daily use, I usually use a frontpocket wallet when I travel internationally (also use in vegas), a comme de garcons half zip. I keep ID a card and some cash in it. I try to keep it minimal and this has nice soft leather and stays secure in my front pocket while keeping cards together. I have it in red, no embossing.
http://www.mrporter.com/product/409752?c...52-_-slot2
[Image: 409752_mrp_e1_l.jpg]

Quote: (03-25-2014 12:59 AM)Orson Wrote:  

If I have to carry a passport, I carry it in a front pocket, the cash split in the back pockets. Or in a buttoned or zippered pocket in the jacket. If I'm traveling, the money and passport are divided between pockets, jacket and carry-on. I have a system. If I'm at the beach, I'm only going to take a small amount of cash for spot purchases of drinks in a plastic bag I can bury under my sandals. Nothing I can't afford to lose.

I just saw this on Kickstarter.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/935...y-to-carry

I'm not sure what this type of wallet is called but it looks really cool. Its got slots for SIM cards and memory cards, and separate sections for different types of bills.

Quote: (03-27-2014 12:53 AM)Safado Wrote:  

I just saw this on Kickstarter.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/935...y-to-carry

I'm not sure what this type of wallet is called but it looks really cool. Its got slots for SIM cards and memory cards, and separate sections for different types of bills.

That does look cool. Not yet in production. Bummer.

Looks like a good conversation starter in bars and clubs and such.

I don't use a wallet anymore. Xerox copy of my passport/papers and some cash in my front pocket. All I need.

My buddy uses either a small ziplock bag or old birthday card envelopes for a wallet. He's had 'real' wallets stolen so many times he refuses to buy another. [Image: lol.gif]

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quote: (03-25-2014 01:58 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

If I have to carry a passport, I carry it in a front pocket, the cash split in the back pockets. Or in a buttoned or zippered pocket in the jacket. If I'm traveling, the money and passport are divided between pockets, jacket and carry-on. I have a system. If I'm at the beach, I'm only going to take a small amount of cash for spot purchases of drinks in a plastic bag I can bury under my sandals. Nothing I can't afford to lose.

You're as ocd as I am lol

[Image: huh.gif]

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quote: (03-27-2014 11:07 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

My buddy uses either a small ziplock bag or old birthday card envelopes for a wallet. He's had 'real' wallets stolen so many times he refuses to buy another. [Image: lol.gif]

If I carry larger sums of money in a sketchy area, I carry my stash in a Pacsafe secret belt wallet. In it, I carry my passport (or a copy), my credit cards, and any cash that I do not need that day. It attaches to your belt and is very discreet. It is best to use with a black belt so that the strap blends in.

The only way that someone will see this wallet is if you take your pants off. Oh wait . . . that might be a problem. I forgot what forum I was on. [Image: tongue.gif]

http://pacsafe.com/coversafe-125-secret-belt-wallet

Duplicate. Doh.

Quote: (03-27-2014 11:23 PM)TonySandos Wrote:  

You're as ocd as I am lol

Bitter experience - had my pocket picked on the crowded Madrid Metro many years ago. Took my wallet - with ID, credit cards and money.

Quote: (03-27-2014 11:26 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

[Image: huh.gif]

Split - small bills on the left, large bills on the right.

One that does not have holes in it and has a zipper.

[Image: DWLCLJw.png]

Quote: (03-28-2014 09:49 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

[Image: DWLCLJw.png]

The problem with those is that criminals know that you are potentially armed.

What you want is . . . Thunderwear.

Just suck in your stomach and reach into your pants -- and pull out your shooter. No . . . the other one. [Image: evil.gif]

http://www.thunderwear.com/holsters.asp

When I'm in Asia and developed European countries I Just use a Gucci credit card holder and Gucci money clip. It's flashy and it gets the job done. Asian girls are crazy about status and money, so I use "rich guy" game. When I'm in a place that doesn't seem so safe (like how I felt in parts of Indonesia) I just don't use a wallet. I hold about $40 worth of cash in my pocket or something I can afford to lose and I'll leave my credit cards at home.

Next year I may go to LATAM, so I definitely won't be holding anything made by Gucci. I likely just won't use a wallet at all

I remember I forgot to take my wallet to Korea...

I found an empty pack of cards in my apartment, so I used that for a while. Then, alas, it broke.

From there on I used a cigarette packet and replaced it with a new one every month or so, like a hermit crab changing from shell to shell.

These days I've upgraded to a cardboard chewing gum packet.

I've always found wallets to be pretty bulky for their purpose. A chewing gum packet stops the notes from crumpling and is SUPER-slim. No bulge in your pants (or rather just the one now).

But yeah, if I go down Soi 11 I take one of those pouches that attaches to your belt and stuffs into your crotch as I usually don't remember my journey home :/

Admittedly I sometimes put 100 Baht in my shoe too for emergency purposes

Quote: (03-30-2014 11:47 AM)LeightonBlackstock Wrote:  

I remember I forgot to take my wallet to Korea...

I found an empty pack of cards in my apartment, so I used that for a while. Then, alas, it broke.

From there on I used a cigarette packet and replaced it with a new one every month or so, like a hermit crab changing from shell to shell.

These days I've upgraded to a cardboard chewing gum packet.

I've always found wallets to be pretty bulky for their purpose. A chewing gum packet stops the notes from crumpling and is SUPER-slim. No bulge in your pants (or rather just the one now).

But yeah, if I go down Soi 11 I take one of those pouches that attaches to your belt and stuffs into your crotch as I usually don't remember my journey home :/

Admittedly I sometimes put 100 Baht in my shoe too for emergency purposes

[Image: laugh7.gif]

You use the same wallet you would use in normal life, a money belt if your somewhere sketchy. You rarely actually need your passport. I would get a waterproof pouch for your passport although, they get wet too easily.