rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any Website Owners?

Any Website Owners?

Hi,

Calling out all website owners.

What do you do? and how long have you been doing it?

I want to make a thread for sharing tips and useful information.

As for me, I work for a startup in San Francisco.

Any Website Owners?

We run blogs suspicious Frank. Why don't you share your tips and information here.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Any Website Owners?

When I finished college I got a job with a online advertising / media buying company. It got me more interested in the internet on a deeper level than just watching stupid videos on youtube and stuff like that. Not a main focus on my job but learned a bit about coding, lot about media buying. Got me interested in making money online.

I first started kind of a lifeestyle blog, I had a few popular articles really get some traction but never had a ton of success with that site. I still have it going to this day. I wound up getting into a few niche blogs that actually brought in some decent income. Nothing huge but maybe making $350 a month at my peak when I was really putting in a lot of effort.

Something I really struggle with trying to figure out is whether it's better to have a lot of mediocre blogs or one or two great blogs that I really focus on, put a lot of time into, update reguarly. I really focused on a few blogs but never really noticed the results of pouring effort into one blog so I was kind of starting many blogs. Start a blog throw up maybe 2 dozen articles, submit it to search engines, ping it buy some backlinks and move onto the next.

I focus on ebooks a bit as well. Again I don't have any huge best sellers but have a few ebooks which sell maybe 30 a month so a couple hundred bucks in my pocket. I really like the idea of ebooks as you write it one time but you can earn income off it forever, also you can have it on many different marketplaces and its generally good to have a blog to go along withh your ebook, write short posts about the same topic and sell the ebook on the blog as well as amazon and barns and noble.

I eventually stumbled into a really nice ecommerce business tht makes me more than any of my blogs have so that's my focus at the moment though I still try to manage a few of my sites and blogs.

I guess you could say social media is along the same lines as running a website or at the very least if you run a website you need a social media presence so I've been trying to build up a twitter account and pinterest account. Tried monetizing with paidpertweet and sponsoredtweets but havn't had much luck with that. There's another site called pinbooster where you can get sponsored on pinterest.

Any Website Owners?

Quote: (03-18-2014 06:55 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

We run blogs suspicious Frank. Why don't you share your tips and information here.

LOL, bojangles, it is good seeing you on the forum, it seems like you took a break. But good to see you back.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Any Website Owners?

doxers gonna dox

Any Website Owners?

Quote: (03-18-2014 05:14 AM)Frank.Davids Wrote:  

Hi,

Is that your useful information? So when I am a millionaire I'll be up on stage at some conference and say "My business all changed the morning when I learned that Frank Davids worked at a startup in San Francisco. That is the key to success for all of you website owners out there...knowing where Frank Davids works...you're welcome"

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Any Website Owners?

Quote: (03-19-2014 08:07 AM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Quote: (03-18-2014 05:14 AM)Frank.Davids Wrote:  

Hi,

Is that your useful information? So when I am a millionaire I'll be up on stage at some conference and say "My business all changed the morning when I learned that Frank Davids worked at a startup in San Francisco. That is the key to success for all of you website owners out there...knowing where Frank Davids works...you're welcome"

lol you didn't know that? I've been making six figures a months since I learned where Frank Davids worked.