rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you speak with a more masculine voice?

When I go to clubs, girls often say, "what?" because they can't hear what I'm saying.i know I should speak louder, but with me it's not just volume. I think I need to speak with more of a deep masculine voice like Christian McQueen. Now it just sounds tinny, slightly nasally and soft spoken. But at the same time, I want to sound natural and not like I'm shouting. What are some good voice techniques?

I have the same issue. In general I think you want your voice to come more from your chest, less from your throat. It may sound like you are yelling for awhile but you will adapt. One habit I've formed is to not lean into people when I talk. If you stand farther away it forces you to talk louder.

first you need to drop whatever habits that you've developed socially to come across as a more "civil" or gentle conversationalist. You have to feel your real voice out by dropping any pretense, relaxing and speaking without a definitive tone. not all men have deep voices, sorry. you will likely find out that your voice is deeper in its natural state than you thought. many of us are taught in the developmental years to adopt a speaking style that comes across as less aggressive and of less authority. It's also built into psychology of human interaction. Take your boss giving you less of a hard time when you put on a more friendly or meak tone.

take this as advice from a guy whose had a deep voice since puberty. many women even in those times told me I had a deep voice and I never chose to not be myself when someone 'in charge' somehow was offended by me, be that body language or how I talk.

same issue, yea. Voice has to come from diaphram, even deeper than chest. Right now mine comes only from throat. Practice throughout the day taking deeper breaths

smoke mad weed

All of the above. Plus...slow...the...fuck...down!!

One of the hallmarks of female speech is their ability tojabberawayquicklyOMG!!! A lot of younger guys, I've noticed, have taken on this speech pattern. Make it a point to pause a bit and you'll sound more masculine even if your voice isn't deep.

Since this way of speaking isn't found much in mainstream culture anymore, I'd recommend getting a sense of vocal style by viewing any old Clint Eastwood movie or watching Luke Perry on the original "Beverly Hills 90120" circa 1991-92.

Listen to Elliott Hulse; not just this but a variety of masculine subjects including fitness.

http://youtu.be/P41ER1Wmkj0

Quote: (03-17-2014 06:32 PM)plague Wrote:  

I have the same issue. In general I think you want your voice to come more from your chest, less from your throat. It may sound like you are yelling for awhile but you will adapt. One habit I've formed is to not lean into people when I talk. If you stand farther away it forces you to talk louder.

I don't think this works with everyone. When a lot of guys talk louder, the pitch of their voice goes up slightly. Depends on the voice.

Talk from your throat, rather than the front of your mouth.
I think this is why a lot of guys nowadays sound nasally and overly enunciated in their speech. They talk like their moms and sisters.

Another tip is to pause before a reply. Let a couple seconds go by so you know in your head exactly what will come out of your mouth. (Old lawyer trick.) It comes out much more measured and confident, as opposed to people whose mouth moves faster than their brain.

Quote: (03-17-2014 09:02 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

All of the above. Plus...slow...the...fuck...down!!

One of the hallmarks of female speech is their ability tojabberawayquicklyOMG!!! A lot of younger guys, I've noticed, have taken on this speech pattern. Make it a point to pause a bit and you'll sound more masculine even if your voice isn't deep.

Since this way of speaking isn't found much in mainstream culture anymore, I'd recommend getting a sense of vocal style by viewing any old Clint Eastwood movie or watching Luke Perry on the original "Beverly Hills 90120" circa 1991-92.

stupendous. slowing down your speech rate also allows your contender to let loose Freudian slips or admissions there were hoping to hold in. in gaming a woman it's like having her waste her verbal signature round house at cock blocking you or letting out excess information that may tell you more than she wanted to originally be known

Smoke. Speak slower. Speak from your diaphragm.

Find a famous training technique and torrent it.

I know smokers do speak with more base, even lizards. However for those who opt for the healthier route, I found that my voice deepens out a lot more when I hit the bench press hard. I think that it widens the diaphragm more and allows the voice to come out with more base. Heavy benchers in here can attest, perhaps?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (03-18-2014 06:47 AM)Moma Wrote:  

I know smokers do speak with more base, even lizards. However for those who opt for the healthier route, I found that my voice deepens out a lot more when I hit the bench press hard. I think that it widens the diaphragm more and allows the voice to come out with more base. Heavy benchers in here can attest, perhaps?

I'm doing 240lbs x 10 and I don't really notice this. To be honest, it's the last thing I think about. Today is chest day so I'll report results, but sounds like broscience. [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif]

get some shitty telemarketing job and make it so you can only talk deep. Do it for a month then quit. Part of having a deep voice is building the muscle, so a months worth of practice is all you will need.

Quote: (03-18-2014 07:31 AM)funkyzeit Wrote:  

Quote: (03-18-2014 06:47 AM)Moma Wrote:  

I'm doing 240lbs x 10 and I don't really notice this. To be honest, it's the last thing I think about. Today is chest day so I'll report results, but sounds like broscience. [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif]

+1 Punching through the wall on pretty much any compound lift works for me. ...on weed

Watch a lot of Sam Elliott movies.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Thanks, dudes. All good advice. I've been practicing talking slow this past week, and I think it's working. It allows me that split second to take a breath and make what's coming out of my mouth understandable. And I watched some Clint Eastwood clips on Youtube including a movie called, "Two Mules for Sister Sarah" which was actually funny. I can definitely see that he speaks from the throat which I will practice this week.

In my case, I bought a voice training disc called the The Sound Of Your Voice by Dr Carol Flemming. It definitely helps, especially for someone like me whose # 1 language is not English

Read the 9 Laws of Attractive Body Language by Nicholas Jack.

Quote: (03-24-2014 03:54 PM)Jaysive Wrote:  

Read the 9 Laws of Attractive Body Language by Nicholas Jack.

haha this

Watch Frank Underwood. Mimick his style. His use of metaphors and the pace of his speech. Good stuff to learn from.

Good video explaining how to listen for and use rapport breaking rapport neutral and rapport seeking tones of voice.

Have you ever wondered why pilots all speak in a southern drawl? It's because it slows the speech down and makes them much more understandable. In ordinary flight operations it doesn't really matter, but when something goes wrong it helps to counteract the tendency to speak really fast.

Also, stress or anxiety makes your muscles tense up, including vocal cords. That's one of the reasons your voice goes up.

Other advice: join Toastmasters. It will help you break the habit of using filler words and sounds. It will also help you develop the habit of composing your words before you start to speak.

I have the same problem. My voice isn't really high-pitched, but it's definitely not as deep as I would like it to be either.

Also, this by no means is a suggestion, though, I do know that putting constant pressure on your vocal chords over time can
deepen your voice. For example, look at Alex Jones, years of screaming into a microphone has just about rendered him inaudible because he talks so low.

Romans 8:18-21

"Most insults are compliments in disguise" -Mr. G