rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to figure out my name.

What is the best way to go about figuring out what name a girl you've been talking to knows you by?

I can't just say "hey what's my name" or "what name do you know me by" it's a huge red flag.

Reason is I currently operate with two names right now depending on when someone met me and what mood I was in.

Why should this even be an issue? Just game on, and worry more about how to get her into bed than whether she knows who you are (she'll probably forget it - and you - eventually anyway, you know how women are). If for whatever reason your name is revealed and she calls you out for it because it's the wrong one, just say that you often use your middle name or that the other name is a nickname.

Why is your name mood-dependent? Just wondering. It seems highly inconvenient.

You could spell her name to her, then ask if she knows how to spell yours.

"Let's see...Jessica....G A S Z EE K A... A A A ....did I get it right? No? That's a shame. Well, I bet ten bucks you can't spell my name either, so there."

Quote: (03-17-2014 12:50 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

Why should this even be an issue? Just game on, and worry more about how to get her into bed than whether she knows who you are (she'll probably forget it - and you - eventually anyway, you know how women are). If for whatever reason your name is revealed and she calls you out for it because it's the wrong one, just say that you often use your middle name or that the other name is a nickname.

Yeah I typically just keep going. The only "problem" occurs when I'm about to tell a joke or say something interesting. Lot's of my jokes/stories are phrased as hypothetical situations that she or me may be involved in. To act these out well requires the names.(i.e. "So my friend will say to me, hey [name], blah blah blah). The stories/jokes flow better.

Currently I just try to get my mind off of that joke/story and just continue. If i'm not careful though it'll just blurt out. It's one more thing to worry about I wish I didn't.

Quote: (03-17-2014 01:40 AM)polymath Wrote:  

Why is your name mood-dependent? Just wondering. It seems highly inconvenient.

You could spell her name to her, then ask if she knows how to spell yours.

"Let's see...Jessica....G A S Z EE K A... A A A ....did I get it right? No? That's a shame. Well, I bet ten bucks you can't spell my name either, so there."

It is entirely inconvenient but that's just how it is for me. I can't fully use my game name all the time. I have to be revved up for it. Problem is one of the names is comically easy to spell.

this is an odd thread...why do you have multiple names? is it something like sometimes you're Bill other times you're William? I guess I don't understand the point of having two names. it seems it would cause confusion.

Delete.

Quote: (03-17-2014 12:08 PM)Sir Vigorous Wrote:  

Yeah I typically just keep going. The only "problem" occurs when I'm about to tell a joke or say something interesting. Lot's of my jokes/stories are phrased as hypothetical situations that she or me may be involved in. To act these out well requires the names.(i.e. "So my friend will say to me, hey [name], blah blah blah). The stories/jokes flow better.

Currently I just try to get my mind off of that joke/story and just continue. If i'm not careful though it'll just blurt out. It's one more thing to worry about I wish I didn't.

Again, you can just say you have two names, a real one and a nickname.

Alternatively, if she calls you out on it, you can accuse her of not remembering your correct name. Playfully take her down a notch or two for having such a bad memory.

Quote: (03-18-2014 01:09 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

Quote: (03-17-2014 12:08 PM)Sir Vigorous Wrote:  

Again, you can just say you have two names, a real one and a nickname.

Alternatively, if she calls you out on it, you can accuse her of not remembering your correct name. Playfully take her down a notch or two for having such a bad memory.

That's a move I never considered, thanks for the help.

The problem is I have a very bad name for a Bar. It's IMPOSSIBLE to hear correctly and it takes like 3 tries to get across. My name is "Milly". People always here "Billy" or "Willy" and it messes up the flow. Also it's not a very strong name. I came up with a "Bar Name" that is easily understood even in the loudest settings. But it's a hella bold name and I have to be in a mood to pull it off.

Good news is I graduate at the end of the semester and will be leaving town and moving to a brand new city where I can just use the new name all the time, and noone will mess it up by yelling out another name.