rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Miscer writes a satire article; ThoughtCatalog actually publishes it

In recent news, a miscer by the name of AryanofValhalla penned a satire article called "5 Things Women Need to Do In Their 20's(Or Else The Suffragists Died For Nothing)". An excellent troll piece that ranks with the best, AryanofValhalla's article included such gems as

"3. Major in women’s studies

This one is a no-brainer. If you don’t agree you’re probably an ignorant, sexist, transphobic, slut-shaming mysogynist cis white male and possibly a rapist...You will have learned about herstory, the amazing stories of impressive feats that women of color have achieved without being recorded in the history books, and how almost all inventions throughout history were actually invented by women, most who had the credit taken from them by oppressive men. Women’s studies is not only about learning about the oppression of women, it’s about studying the oppression of all groups that aren’t privileged. You will have added able-ism, class-sim and sizeism and many other concepts of cultural oppression to your mental dictionary and you feel so powerful because of it."

Hilariously enough, ThoughtCatalog actually published it. The misc is currently in the process of trolling the shit out of the comments section.

Article link here: http://thoughtcatalog.com/anne-gus/2014/...r-nothing/

Misc thread here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread...=160750091

This is fucking hilarious! Some people actually think it's a serious article.

[Image: laugh4.gif][Image: jordan.gif][Image: clap.gif]

Quote:Quote:

Don’t get me wrong, women are still oppressed to a monumental degree. The patriarchy is still an omnipresent overlord, endorsing cultural structures that keep women from realizing their full potential and contribute to a harrowing loss of self-esteem, especially to women who don’t fit into society’s straightjacket-like norms of what a woman should be like.

527 comments

[Image: lol.gif]

You can tell how intellectually robust a school of thought is (or isn't, in this case) by how easy it is to pass a "Turing Test" as an expert.

Relevant XKCD:

[Image: impostor.png]

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Feminist parody writes itself. The problem is telling it apart from the real deal.

I'm the King of Beijing!

The Sokal Hoax strikes again:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokal_affair

What's a miscer?

Quote: (03-15-2014 11:30 PM)Faust Wrote:  

What's a miscer?

Do you even lift?

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Good lord. How could they not see it as satire?!

Next time I have a debate with someone about modern feminism I'm going to show them the article and ask if they agree with it!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

ThoughtCatalog understands that this is satire. Look at the clickbait links in the article.

Miscers are a cool bunch. I am lurking there sometimes if I need some new info about lifting.

It is interesting to see how feminism is under attack from male places:

-From ROK and RooshV and other game sites
-From the body buliding community of the bodybuliding.com forum

These are the last guardposts of masculinity. They will stand because women have no interest being in these places.
Thankfully these circles contains the men who are into self-improvement, thus the high achivers and most capable individuals in their chosen field of interest.

Deus vult!

"If he makes you tingle, let him eat you like a Pringle."

And hey, there might be some cute African men walking around with spears and stuff, at least that’s what I’ve seen on BBC.

[Image: WZmv4hW.gif]

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

The funniest thing is, I can't differentiate this satire piece from the 'real' feminist drivel that is written on jizzabel and xo jane. It's probably one of the best troll articles I have seen.

Quote: (03-16-2014 06:59 PM)007 Wrote:  

The funniest thing is, I can't differentiate this satire piece from the 'real' feminist drivel that is written on jizzabel and xo jane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Poe's law, named after its author Nathan Poe, is an Internet adage reflecting the idea that without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between an expression of sincere extremism and a parody of extremism.

Me and my girlfriends have a mantra, “If he makes you tingle, let him eat you like a Pringle.”

[Image: laugh2.gif]

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.