rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vancouver (DO NOT BOTHER)

Canadians will bombard u with how cool, chic, alternative, eclectic, amazing, diverse this city is…..

don't let them fool ya

here is my take after being two weeks there:

EXPENSIVE: like literally….. it's a deal killer if you're on a budget

NIGHTLIFE: typical mediocre mid size north american city kinda nightlife… do not expect las vegas or NYC or san francisco, this city is actually a lot more quiet, more along the lines of the nightlife in cleveland ohio or something like that

ENTERTAINMENT: few museums and things to see and do here and there, nothing outta this world though and u can see most of it in a week and have spare time to sit around doing nothing…… the locals love to point out the wilderness and landscapes around and how amazing they are, which proves my point about how much the city lacks in term of being a cosmopolitan eclectic metropolis (u have to go out to the countryside to find something to do)

DIVERSITY:a lot of canadians you'll meet will tell how AMAZINGLY diverse vancouver is, I mean NYC and london move aside please!!!! (apparently to Canadians having a GIGANTIC shitload of chinese people = tremendous diversity)

FOOD: good chinese food, everything else is nothing to write home about….

ARCHITECTURE: typical north american new glassy architecture, is not a city of architectural jewels for sure (NYC = art deco paradise, Paris = art nouveau paradise and so on)

TRANSPORTATION : to hang around the city with public trans. you're fine, to go outside the city center, you'll need a car just like most north american cities….. and yes it's pretty much indistinguishable from the US… suburbias in Canada DO NOT DIFFER AT ALL from the american ones… you'll swear you're in the US

QUALITY OF WOMEN: if you're into stuck up, westernized, psycho, i want a white man desperately so i can go up in status, social climbing obsessed, asian-north american women, go ahead…. as for white canadian girls (your typical 5-6 type girls is the norm…. very common all over north america, also plenty of fat women like in the US)

WEATHER: well…. rain and rain and rain and rain…… and then sun for a few hours and then more rain…..

overall it's ok to go there to say you've been there, but do not go to vancouver thinking you'll find a major world metropolis…. vancouver is nothing more than a mid size north american city with very pretty natural surroundings…..

^ I agree.

Not a bad place if you have a family. The scenery is beautiful and Whistler is close by.

But the place is irrelevant for a single dude.

Quote: (03-09-2014 09:26 AM)Kaizen Wrote:  

^ I agree.

Not a bad place if you have a family. The scenery is beautiful and Whistler is close by.

But the place is irrelevant for a single dude.

yeah…. you know? the more I travel around Canada the more I realize canadians like to overrate their cities and themselves while claiming to be modest people which is hilarious

I also went to Calgary and canadians told me, oh its amazing you have to see it… when I got there I was so bored I couldn't wait to get out of there…
Calgary is like a really cold version of oklahoma city!!!! calgary was so bad I asked around for places to go and meet people and several answered…. oh go to Chinook!!! (It's an amazing shopping mall with like 200 stores!!!) I was like WTF!!!

I also went to toronto which I didn't find that nice either…. toronto is like a more boring version of chicago playing "lets pretend we're NYC" (in fact canadians often compare toronto to NYC which is insane)…. NYC blows toronto off the water in just about everything

the only place in canada where I actually felt like I was experiencing something cool and would stay longer if i could would be montreal…. that is the only city in canada i truly enjoyed!!!!! I recommend montreal over any other place in canada.

What is this a Canada bashing thread? Did you ever go to Kits? Or Granville? They literally shut the street down at night half the week in the warmer months. It's winter right now and obviously it won't be like Miami busy 7 nights a week, wait till summer and it's actually really fun. The city is also FILLED with international students from Brazil, Europe, Asia etc and they are nothing like western women and are great to be around. Don't bash a city because you didn't do your research, struck out with the women, and too broke to experience.

Also if you ever want people to take you seriously, start capitalizing words where necessary and stop using so many of these !!!!!!!

don't be sensitive…. I was there in the summer and still thought it was nothing to write home about, just another generic north american city

It's not sensitivity, it's a response to your horribly put together rant that's basically saying how lame Canada is.

I don't think canada is lame, but it is not what canadians like to say it is….. I do recommend montreal (very decent place)

Canadians do love to hype things up [Image: lol.gif]

I have a friend from Guelph and he can't stop talking about how great it is there. He always calls it home. I'm like ...dude you married an American girl and bought a house here. Isn't America home yet? [Image: lol.gif]

How is Guelph by the way? Anyone been there?

Team Nachos

Anything positive there? What are the pluses for visiting?

Quote: (03-09-2014 10:24 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Canadians do love to hype things up [Image: lol.gif]

I have a friend from Guelph and he can't stop talking about how great it is there. He always calls it home. I'm like ...dude you married an American girl and bought a house here. Isn't America home yet? [Image: lol.gif]

Ill give u a US equivalent to canadian cities

Vancouver = portland OR… all hyped up and stuff

Calgary = oklahoma city, with cowboys, big houses, big cars, big malls, big people

Edmonton = Omaha NE, also big people, big cars, big houses etc.

Saskatoon = Wichita KS…. ZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Winnipeg = Really cold version of Kansas city MO… 4 months of the year too cold to even go out

Toronto = a bit more boring suburban version of Chicago

Montreal = pretty cool… like new orleans, meets san francisco

quebec city = pretty and boring

ottawa = a smaller Washington Dc with not a lot to do

Guelph = is sort of like buffalo new york

Quote: (03-09-2014 10:41 AM)Volk Wrote:  

Anything positive there? What are the pluses for visiting?

montreal is pretty fucking awesome

beautiful landscapes…. worth a visit

the atlantic provinces of canada are pretty picturesque and worth a visit

other country that like Canada is quite over hyped is australia!!!! I'll write about it later!!!

take care

Quote: (03-09-2014 10:24 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I have friends at guelph university.

The school has an insane female to male ratio, like 70% girls.

Guys who are social, play sports, decent game will absolutely kill over there. But as always, 80% of the girls getting laid with 20% of the guys.

But man, if you are in that 20%....

If you aren't a college student though, and don't have the social connections to get into circles, parties and such, it's basically a typical suburban city.

Vancouver ... If you got the bank roll... Is a chill place to live. It's way to fucking quiet for m,e and people obsess about cash there more so then Toronto (at least Toronto folk have some coin, Vancouver is 80% balling on CCs, and home equity).

Vancouver plays tricks on you. You see the towers and shit and you think it's a big city. Only like 600,000 actually "live" I'm Vancouver with like a million people far off in the fat flub suburbs like Burnaby and shit. It's a small city with big city looks. The city is dead during the day because everybody is at work... In the burbs. Then at night you basically have a vertical suburb with people back in their units penned up, and the city being over zealous with shitty liquor laws and bar placement to basically cock block how you can have fun (afraid of noise and shit for the condos). I haven't been there in like 6 ears though so I'm sure it's different now. Back then I didn't like Asian girls so half the cities talent did nothing for me. I would likely be more receptive to it now. And back then I did damage in Gastown just when it was just waking up to action.

Vancouver does have things going for it though. If you like outdoors stuff you can be on fuking mountain skiing, a trail hiking, or on a boat, in like 20-30 minutes. Next, the food there is outta control. Toronto serves fuking pigs crackling like it's some high-end thing, while in Vancouver you get fresh fish that's some of he best around.

But here is the thing. Majority of spots in Canada are shitty provincial cities no better then Buffalo, NY. The only places worth of note (city wise) in Canada are in Quebec, Vancouver Island, or Halifax. Every other spot is a hillbilly town that is either boring as fuck for the most part, or rape expensive, or Toronto that's is juts on another level.

Some of the best spots to game are shtty places like Winnipeg. If never advice anybody to travel there because is boring ass ace but you would drown in pussy there. There is no medium ground here where you can have a fun time and get women (aside from Quebec). Maybe Calgary in the summertime.. That's bout it.

I agree. Girls in Vancouver are stuck up and there are lots of Asians. I've really never done well here and I'm trying to give it an honest shot, albeit with shitty logistics.

Vancouver is rated on of the cities with the best quality of life, though you have to be able to access it and with crazy house prices you might be stuck out in the Suburbs or in someone's basement for a long time.

I don't think Canada has ever really been hyped that much on the forum. We pretty much understand this is a country to make money in then travel elsewhere.

The only place you can escape the cold in winter is in rainy Vancouver or Victoria.

I would say this guy is a little too negative on Vancouver though. It's a damn fun city to party in. Way better ratios than what you will find in Alberta bars, and higher talent. I agree with his sentiments on Calgary, Edmonton, and Sask.

Some places in canada definitely get a bad vibe.

Toronto is shit during the winter, but is actually nice in the summer. Suburban towns around here are nice too, and there are many summer events and festivals locally.

Niagara falls is always a fun visit once a year in the summer time as well.

Montreal is a place I have yet to visit, and is very inviting.

I'd love to live out on the east coast in Nova Scotia for a couple months in the summer as well.

It's just the bad winters really that bring out the worst. But over this past one I discovered that I can just choose not to focus on girls over the cold season, and focus on other things instead. Working out, reading, and taking up new hobbies and such. I pretty much learned to ski this winter and that is definitely something I will be doing much more in the future. Skiing down a slope is exhilarating.

Quote: (03-09-2014 11:11 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Some of the best spots to game are shtty places like Winnipeg. If never advice anybody to travel there because is boring ass ace but you would drown in pussy there.

What is it about Winnipeg that makes this possible Kosko?

I would never go in winter. The rain non-stop would kill my vibes. I always liked Victoria, would prefer to live there over Vancouver as I find the vibes and people there more chill. A lot of old geezers there but they disappear before 6pm to go sleep. Victoria for its seize has descent nightlife.

Vancouver gets hyped from the moldy garden sheds that sell for a million dollars plus there. People assume that since it costs the same to live there as in Hong Kong, NYC, LA, and SF that it's on the same level...

Edmonton is a Siberian dump but I cant think of any place in Canada with such a diverse selection of women whom are clueless to game. Russians, Ukrainians, to Costa Rican, and Thai girls, the city has a swath of selection. Again no rush to travel there since there isn't much to do there but if you find yourself in those parts for whatever reason you can have a lot of fun.

@NFallim About Winnipeg? These shanty towns are like 5 years behind other cities. The girls are more oblivious and aren't used to typical mega city schemes. Running game in these places is more easy because girls just won't have a clue. The draw backs are that these shanty towns are full or more fatties, LCD broads, more single moms, crazy native girls, and less selection for nightlife, but the ability to leap ahead to top shelf talent there is way way easier. The ability to move up that ladder with quality and class of women is not even hard.

An example is going suited down. Aside from the work-business types it's still not that common. In Toronto if you go even to a mid-level spot dudes will be suited up. It's easier to peacock in those shanty towns and stand out.

By default being from a interesting place puts you ahead of the pack and connecting with a proper social circle you can have pussy just chilling like fish in a barrel.

I find it amusing, as a native Quebec francophone, to see tourists (non Canadians) notice the cultural difference between Montreal, and Vancouver per say. Even though they have some similarities, they remain very different places, with a population that's also, very different. And even though many Canadians will object to it, I get a smirk - hearing it from people who are unbiased.

It's not even a question. Vancouver is super attractive for its outdoors and proximity to Whistler but in term of fun, restaurants, food, bars, clubs, nightlife ( it will not take long bu bars and clubs will close at 6 am instead of 3 am), festivals, beauty of women, architecture, french culture, cultural diversity (Many frenchies installing in Montreal, columbians, portuguese, italians, jews, lebanese, morroccans..then all the french canadians and the anglo-Montrealers)..Montreal win hands down. But it's very difficult to crack down the place...some nights during summer girls are easy to game as fuck while Nov. to end of February....is not mating season..

I had a lot of fun in ski towns though. Banff and Whistler,great place to rider the mountain and female skiers, with good nightlife, after-ski action.

I got family in Vancouver and do the BMO half marathon every May -- its coming up again for me. Much has been written about how difficult it is to get to know people there and how isolating it is to live there. It is all very true. Vancouver is full of stuck up and into themselves type of people. Vancouver women live very much on a high pedestal. Talking to them is like they are giving you a big favour. It is so true. If you are married and have a family then Vancouver may be good. But you need to be making some seriously big money to afford living there. I would never recommend anyone to visit there - and are going for work only. Oddly enough Vancouver has many ethnic gangs which are often at war with each other. Vancouver is not so safe anymore. The drug area near Chinatown - is also incredibly depressed. Not a pretty site. Vancouver has both beauty (landscape) and ugly reality. I go there just for visiting family. But that is about it. --Montreal on the other hand seems ok -- I am still exploring it. But I think so far Montreal is also over hyped.

Quote: (03-09-2014 11:11 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Vancouver plays tricks on you. You see the towers and shit and you think it's a big city.

Majority of spots in Canada are shitty provincial cities no better then Buffalo, NY. The only places worth of note (city wise) in Canada are in Quebec, Vancouver Island, or Halifax.

In my younger and more vulnerable years, I had visions of enjoying a simple life in some place like Portland, OR or Vancouver. I've not visited either yet and have no intention of doing so, ever - I've wised up after hearing of the PC, conformist pretentious vibes.

I confirm - Montreal is amazing. A bitch of mine used to live there and in Toronto - she fled to Montreal after wallowing in the mire of a Toronto summer.

Then I dated a girl who lived in Toronto and even lived with her for a while in Toronto. It remains a period of the most visceral turmoil in my life. I was treated very poorly in Toronto generally by its people. The thing is, I used to think very highly of it - especially after seeing Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.

But Montreal... it seems like a place to put down roots. And I'm not even Canadian.

I'd quite like to visit St. Johns (Newfoundland) and I think Halifax could be cool, though as Kelsey Grammer once said, it's a hard place in which to stay sober. (I imagine.)

One thing I wi give Vancouver that it is a fit city. I don't have the stats in front of me but I believe Montreal and Vancouver are likely the fittest cities in Canada aside from smaller places like Tofino and Kamloops that have a hard core outdoors population.