rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Suits Stopped Being a Clueless Loser

Early Life

If one phrase was to best describe my life as a whole, it would be "late bloomer." I was a day-dreamer as a child, very slow to complete uninteresting tasks. I didn't say my first word until I was three. Sentences followed shortly after. For some reason, I didn't feel like talking until I had a proper handle on how to do it. As an infant, I was satisfied to simply mimic others.

While I attended kindergarten at a small religious private school, my parents chose to homeschool me for the following 8 years. I did have contact with other children throughout the week, but this consisted mainly of church activities, bi-weekly area homeschooling social events and street hockey with some of my neighbours.

I had a target on my back for most of my life. In this article, the blog writer places people into three basic categories: Sociopaths, Losers and the Clueless.

Sociopaths get what is going on and learn how to manipulate situations to their own advantage. Together they form an in-group of people who tend to run the show.

The Clueless don't understand the way power structures really work thus fail to maximize their own success. A lot of middle management roles are filled by these types.

Losers are too trapped in their own narrative to gain a proper understanding of the world and how it really works. They handicap themselves by failing to understand what it really takes to gain a power advantage and succeed.

I spent most of my life being either clueless, a loser or some combination of the two.

While I always had a lot of potential, I was too often trapped in my own narrative about how success was gained to enjoy my present experience on earth.

Religious Upbringing

My parents were and are very religious. We attended church two times a week growing up and I more or less accepted what I was taught there.

I believed that if you did good things, you would triumph over the bullies and leave them behind in life.

I was taught not to fight, wasn't supposed to even wrestle with my brothers, and my parents did not support my interest in playing sports. While I got to play some pickup sports in my neighbourhood, I never benefitted from a coach's instruction or being a member of a team.

Between being trapped in my daydreams and my religious upbringing, I re-entered the regular school system in grade nine utterly unprepared for life. My friends ended up being the other weirdos who didn't have any other friends and having a girlfriend was a hopeless endeavour as well.

I watch guys who were unfriendly bullies date the attractive girls at school and it didn't make any sense to me. My religious upbringing at taught me to believe that some people are bad and that happiness would be found in locating some good people.

Of course, that never happened. I'd start each new school year hoping that some nice would transfer into my high school. For the most part, high school ended up being a major disappointment on all levels.

The one bright spot in the whole experience was that I ended up establishing relationships with the many Hong Kong students in my school and became interested in Asian cultures. These students were a lot more accepting and I found myself being treated like a normal human being by them.

Beginning Post-secondary Studies

I spent a semester in Japan after graduating from high school and was shocked to discover that in Japan, I was one of the most popular students in my school. This led me to believe that my relative popularity was based more on the preconceived notions of the surrounding culture and had less to do with me as an individual.

While this was partially true, I failed to understand that I could manipulate others by understanding the culture I was in.

I entered university the next year and while people were a lot friendlier and I did initially get some positive attention from some freshmen ladies, I had no idea how to capitalize on it and when I failed to escalate, they quickly moved onto more aggressive guys.

My upbringing hadn't involved teaching me to shop for myself or buy clothes that kit. That combined with my complete cluelessness to my surroundings, meant that my "style" consisted of jeans one or two sizes too big and a whole lot of random t-shirts. Basically, I dressed like a clueless loser.

I failed to lock down many consistent male friendships my freshman year and certainly didn't get anywhere with any girls that weren't themselves ugly losers.

I studied abroad the following year and ended up dedicating a full 1.5 years to studying Chinese, as the first semester did little to further my Chinese language skills.

During this period, I remained clueless on how to establish friendships, but foreign communities in China are fairly tight-knit and most everyone is a little weird or extreme, so I did start to bond with some guys my age. I still pretty hopeless with women, however.

Back To University

After a year and a half of focusing on the Chinese language, I felt like I was getting somewhere and decided to continue my university studies for a year or more, with the goal of returning to China sooner or later.

The next two years changed my life. I managed to get really lucky and started dating a girl a month after I returned to the USA. She was a clueless idiot herself who had a thing for guys who looked exactly like me, so despite having no social calibration, I finish managed to kiss a girl at the ripe age of 21. The relationships was unhealthy and when I finally worked up the courage to really end things with certainty six months later, it took me only three more months to lock down my next girlfriend, who was 4.5 years younger than me and required only a little effort to get her to fall for me, because she was desperate for a boyfriend.

Eight months later, I finally was able to admit to myself that I could and had to do better and I broke her heart. Around the same time that I broke up with her, I stumbled upon a copy of "The Game" and read it cover to cover in 24 hours.

It was the first time that I was exposed to the idea that I could significantly alter how others perceive me through changes in my wardrobe, self expression and other factors.

I started to experiment with the tips offered in "The Game" and within two months managed to start dating one of the hottest girls I'd ever encountered. I'd seen her at a distance socially, but never had the courage to approach previously.

By altering my clothing and using the Attraction, Comfort, Seduction formula, I actually got to kiss a girl who was good looking and not crazy.

China, Again

I had barely scratched the surface of what I was capable of by this point. Soon after scoring the hottest girlfriend ever, I moved back to China to continue my studies there. I arrived with a few hundred dollars in my pocket and as I hadn't really become effective at game, even though I new the principles, I ended up being so busy for the next year just trying to scrape enough money together to pay rent, that I really didn't improve my game skills.

I did have some regulars, but they were not particularly attractive. I didn't score above a 6.5 during that year in China.

My Last Girlfriend

Near the end of the year, and old female friend moved to my city. We'd had an amicable experience in the past, but I'd been weird then.

I had implemented enough change that this girl who had been ambivalent towards me in the past fell for me and fell for me hard.

I'd had a crush on her in the past (probably because she was one of the few women willing to talk to me who wasn't drop dead ugly) and when she confessed her love for me, I decided to go for it.

Tragically, this happened when I was about one dinner date away from bedding my first 7.5 (a Thai girl, who I'd practically kissed one night at the club, but backed off as soon as our lips touched because I was stupid).

After another 8 months, I had to admit that I was in no way satisfied with the physical appearance of my girlfriend and her feminist leanings. We had a lot of fun, but I couldn't look at her and say that I actually wanted to spend my life with her. I broke up with her and cried a lot, because I really did like her, but marriage to her seemed like a bad bet. At age 26, she was already edging towards the wall and on a physical level, I was just attracted to her nominally. Most of what I enjoyed about her was her intelligence and our shared sense of humour, but I didn't want to spend my life have sex with her and no one else.

I broke up with in August 2011 and never had another exclusive "girlfriend" relationship again.

I Take The Plunge

January 2012 was a life changing month for me. On New Years Eve, I threw a party and as a testament to my improve social calibration, 80 people showed up. After the part settled down at my apartment, we went to the club down the street for the after party.

I spent forty-five minutes making out with a Mongolian eight, without saying a word to her, just by demonstrating social value in other ways. I didn't even realize she knew any English till after we stopped exchanging saliva.

Shortly after, I took a train to Hong Kong to get a new visa and met and stayed with members of a local PUA group. This was the first time I'd met members of the "community." While I'd done a lot of reading and had improved my life a bunch by understanding game concepts, this was the first time that I could see other guys in action and get real time feedback.

I ended up staying for over two weeks, started doing intentional approaches and kissed more women in that time than I had in the past year.

Back in my tier two city in mainland China, the local talent didn't exist for me to make significant progress with highly attractive women, but I started managing a small harem, although I wasn't satisfied with the quality.

I was almost starting to get somewhere, when I was offered a job in Canada and moved back. The employment location was in the middle of no where and I lived on site and only got away every two weeks for a 3.5 day holiday. I managed to maintain a regular in Toronto during this time, a solid 8 from the DR, but once again, I was too busy and distracted to make serious progress. When I quit my job after a half a year because I hated the isolation and the pay sucked, I went back to school and worked my ass off to squeeze all my remaining courses into one semester so that I could graduate and move on with my life.

The Future

I've handicapped myself since I graduated high school by moving to a different country every nine months on average. The one time I was in one city for two months, I made significant progress socially and had a lot of attractive girls who wanted to date me.

Unfortunately, other than that one instance, I haven't lived anywhere long enough to capitalize fully on social circle game (as by the time the work I put in begins to pay of, I move again) and I've been too exhausted by work and study to put enough time into learning how to approach confidently.

When ever I get any obvious IOIs, I knock it out of the park and this has kept me satisfied for the last two years. However, if I want to upgrade the quality and quantity of the women I'm seeing, I'm going to have to get down to business learning how to effectively cold approach.

I've done approaches before with enough luck for it to be satisfying, but it has only felt worth it in Hong Kong and Beijing, target heavy environments where the women actually appeal to me (I am simply not attracted to 96% of white women, as I have a strong petite woman fetish).

Destination China

I'm very much looking forward to moving back to China, because without needing to plan out the next return to school, I'll be able to capitalize on everything I've learned about making money in China and implementing game into my life.

I've spent the last nine months constructing a plan for how to maximize my lifestyle based on the income I'll have when I'm back and am excited to start building something for myself.

I plan to be in Beijing for a while. Moving so much has been a good experience in some ways, but impeded my progress in other ways. On the other hand, it has prevented me from becoming satisfied with my social progress and has probably saved me from getting married.

Going forward, I plan on banking some serious money, while maintain a schedule that allows me to build solid friendships with other guys, approach women on a weekly based and enjoy Beijing nightlife. I certainly will not even entertain the thought of marriage before age 35, in fact, I'd prefer to stay single for life.

Cheers.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Good post.

You found game earlier than I did.

It's funny that running away from a debilitating upbringing is the best thing someone can do; but also have to be careful to not go back (which I did). You kept running. Props for that.

Good post man! I can relate to a LOT of what you wrote. All the best in China and keep in touch.

Cheers!

Great post.

Some questions out of curiosity:

1) You mentioned you have brothers. Did they go through the same trials that you did? Have you made any attempts to open their eyes?

2) Are there any values from your early upbringing that you still hold on to?

3) Any reason you chose to focus on Chinese rather than say Korean or Japanese?

Great post Suits...good to know the backstory.

...so you're still in town? Let's grab a beer.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Quote: (03-12-2014 10:54 AM)heavy Wrote:  

Great post Suits...good to know the backstory.

...so you're still in town? Let's grab a beer.

No, I'm back in Canada now.

I'm the King of Beijing!