rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Crave discomfort

Crave discomfort

Good to be back post 'prison-gate'. No harsh feelings toward Roosh or Tuth, who have both given so much positive change to so many guys. I needed a week off anyway as RVF has a bad way of affecting my productivity.

This post is gonna be all over the place. First off, let's talk about suits.

I'm embarrassed to admit that last night was the first night I've gamed suited down. Sure I've been out to dinners and special events suited down, but never to a bar to spit game. Over the years I've lost one suit and bought another ill-fitted suit that I recently gave away. And to be accurate, I still don't own a proper suit; I just recently bought a light summerweight blazer to go with some dark designer jeans. I've been reading http://www.masculine-style.com nonstop and heeding the advice. So what I have is a very upscale casual look. No sheen on the material, just a nice soft texture, the type of casual blazer I could wear 5 days a week.

I went out last night to meet a forum member. Friday night, downtown L.A., at Seven Grand. Anyone familiar with this scenario knows these are far from ideal hunting grounds. New dress shirt, blazer, dark jeans, vintage leather belt, leather boots. Fresh haircut. My game is rusty as shit. I have been lifting/exercising for the past 18 months and recently took up boxing which combined with hiking like mad, I've lost about 10 lbs in the past 6 weeks (after bulking up to 215 on Stronglifts). I'm a pretty lean 205, 6'3", getting an outline of a 6 pack but nowhere near the definition I'm looking for, however I think I've got a good V-taper developing and my posture is 1000x better than it ever has been. I'm saying all this as a background to what happened last night.

First off, when I parked and got out, the valet guy told me to just leave the car in front of the valet kiosk and take my keys with me. He had a huge grin on his face and said, "Just leave it in front boss!". I was parked smack dab in front of the venue, which is what valet guys usually do for Italian supercars and shit. Here I am with my '08 Altima being treated like a VIP. Dressing sharp definitely has perks beyond just girls.

Last night I got into the venue and it was 80% guys. "Oh great" I'm thinking, but whatever it was more about catching up with the forum member than anything. Before I can even find the guy, I'm outside on the patio and get a tap on my shoulder. A girl opened me and started asking me how tall I am blah blah blah. Some game comes back to me and I start teasing and giving vague responses. It hooks and she introduces me to her friends, one of which is hot with a beta orbiter. I find the forum member, he's with a damn hot girl and I tell my new friends I'll find them later.

I meet the hot girl's sister who is even hotter and surrounded by orbiters. Play it cool, tell her I thought about buying her a drink then decided against it (her expression was hilarious) and teased her for a bit. Over the night no less than 20 guys were showering her with attention. Few minutes later I get another tap on the shoulder. I get opened again by a couple girls. I'm thinking, "This is nuts. I'm in the middle of a sausagefest and I've been opened twice on a Friday night."

It happens again 15 minutes later. Terrible opener from some girl asking if I work at the bar and her stumbling to make conversation. She's a 6 at best and I cut her loose.

And then again 15 minutes later. This time a short, cute 20 year old USC student, 7, maybe 7.5. We're playing the 'guess my age' game and when I tell her to guess mine she leans in and whispers, "I think you're old enough to make out with me right now." Doesn't even make sense but I start chuckling and say, "Actually I'm a year older than that." and lean in and smash face. I give her a fake name and she volunteers her number to me. Gonna invite her over tomorrow or Monday, smash, and start pushing for threesome immediately.

If I had made any effort whatsoever I'm confident I could have gotten an SNL. The attention was insane. I would walk outside and there would be girls tapping on her friends shoulder to get her attention and pointing at me. I actually got a little shy at various points.

After last call I left with a couple numbers and a huge grin. Zero effort. This might actually be bad for my game, because hot girls don't approach so could I be happy with a buffet of 6s and 7s if it required zero effort?

The first point of all of this isn't to brag at all. I used to consider myself a decent dresser. I know now that I was wrong. I may have good designer clothes and good style, but in my mind there are only two ways to dress: Suited down, or not suited down. If you're not wearing a blazer, you're not living up to your potential. Granted this was just one night but the results were undeniable. The guys on the forum that go out suited down are probably reading this and thinking, "Yeah no shit dufus, that's what we've been saying all along."

This got me thinking about change. Every single change I've made over the last two years: lifting, boxing, languages, style, I can think to myself, "I should have started sooner"
I should have started lifting sooner
Should have started boxing sooner
Should have learned languages sooner
Should have gotten dress clothes sooner.

So why didn't I? Why was I so resistant to make positive change, and then once I DO it, I think, "I should have done this sooner."

Comfort. Identify that craving for comfort inside of you and destroy it. Limit yourself to comfort one day a week, like Sunday. Monday through Saturday, make yourself uncomfortable at the gym, in a language course, in a boxing ring, at the clothing store. This goes back to Roosh's post about Making Deposits vs. Making Withdrawals in the game of life. I spent a year doing approaches like mad and hit my limit pretty quickly. I got blown out a lot, and I'm not a bad looking guy. But the other factors weren't even remotely up to speed. Bad posture, skinnyfat, average style...

For the past year, and especially the past few months I've dropped out of the game and have been making very large deposits in the bank. Last night was just me testing the waters and the results were astounding.

For any guys just getting started, approaching is still the most important thing. Get 100 under your belt. 100 ain't shit. 100 gets you to the starting line. The real game is making these deposits. Invest in your physical body, your style, your posture.

Me, I'm going to keep going. Fuck approaches and going out 5 nights a week. I need to keep my lifts up and keep working on that heavy bag. I'm going to take this body to the limit and if 18 months have produced these results, I'm going another 18 and then another 18 after that. I want to come out on the other side a completely different person, a MAXIMIZED person.

Some guys are lucky and born with this shit, or are born into a trust fund, or born with superman genetics. Others have to work for it. I used to envy the former, but now I don't.

There's not a single thing that feels as good, or is as rewarding, as working for change and then seeing the results manifest themselves.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Crave discomfort

One quick correction since I like the guy's site and want to help him out:

http://masculine-style.com/

Other than that, great write up. I'm going to start suiting up this summer and hit some nice clubs as opposed to my usual dive and hipster bars (although they've been quite productive in the past).

Crave discomfort

Suit Game vindicated once again.

Crave discomfort

Quote: (03-08-2014 04:15 PM)ryanf Wrote:  

One quick correction since I like the guy's site and want to help him out:

http://masculine-style.com/

Other than that, great write up. I'm going to start suiting up this summer and hit some nice clubs as opposed to my usual dive and hipster bars (although they've been quite productive in the past).

The conventional response against suit game is "Well I go to dive bars" or otherwise informal venues.

What I'm realizing is suit game doesn't mean walking into a place dressed like Patrick Bateman. Suit game is adaptive. You can look grungy and still rock a blazer.

Edit: thanks for the correction, I've corrected it in the OP

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Crave discomfort

Posts like this are the reason I love this forum. Thanks for sharing man.

Crave discomfort

Glad to see thedude back on the forum.

He has often been called the "Last of the Romans"

"We have prostitutes for our pleasure, concubines for our health, and wives to bear us lawful offspring."--Demosthenes (384–322 BC), Red Pill Greek Statesman

Crave discomfort

Great post, i must start martial arts and upgrading my wardrobe.

Crave discomfort

Welcome to the club. [Image: biggrin.gif]

As you specifically know I've been consistently though not always doing suits when I go out. Now in NYC its ALWAYS that way. It helps in many many ways.

But one other thing - this is a great post. I do have to get out of my comfort zone (I say this while sitting on the couch in my boxers). I recently started Krav Maga, going to charity events, and trying (not that successfully yet) going out less at night. It's easy to get caught up in your own comfort level.

Crave discomfort

Quote:Quote:

The attention was insane. I would walk outside and there would be girls tapping on her friends shoulder to get her attention and pointing at me. I actually got a little shy at various points.

I bought a Hugo Boss light winter coat a couple of months ago. It changed the quality of attention when I go out so much that it took some getting used to at first. One example, I went into a Nordstrom Rack and had 2 hot girls wanting to help me find a scarf, so they could touch it, and me. They were almost competitive about it. I also noticed that it made the mediocre girls keep their distance. Like, you, I consider myself a pretty sharp (for me, business casual generally) dresser. But this one piece was a game changer. I typically get attention from 4s-7s when I go out, and sometimes 8s. With that one piece, the 4-6s dropped off, and the 7s-8s became much more aggressive. I'd be skeptical of the notion that one coat could make such a difference if I hadn't experienced it myself.

Great post, welcome back.

Crave discomfort

It makes sense that if you are the only cool looking guy in a bar full bland betas, the girls are going to collect around you. It's just thee trend of our current sexual market place.

I've been transitioning into suits lately. Haven't noticed much of a difference, but I'm in NYC, so maybe that has something to with it.

I know that the daper dandy look is in style right now- it's considered hip. I'm in the lookout for suits but I want to go with a more vintage look, not the futuristic vibe. I used to be more rock and roll looking. I do look really good in a motorcycle jacket.

Crave discomfort

Quote: (03-08-2014 04:49 PM)soup Wrote:  

It makes sense that if you are the only cool looking guy in a bar full bland betas, the girls are going to collect around you. It's just thee trend of our current sexual market place.

I've been transitioning into suits lately. Haven't noticed much of a difference, but I'm in NYC, so maybe that has something to with it.

I know that the daper dandy look is in style right now- it's considered hip. I'm in the lookout for suits but I want to go with a more vintage look, not the futuristic vibe. I used to be more rock and roll looking. I do look really good in a motorcycle jacket.

What type of venues are you rocking the suit and are you adding accessories: pocket square etc?

Crave discomfort

good to see you back.

I wear the suits for work, I don't want to wear them while running game because I need to keep them in good condition for work. And if you are wearing a blazer and jeans, that is not a suit.

Crave discomfort

I've tried it at some hipster bars, some cool places in the east village, some high end venues that I make a living in..

I've got two greyish suits now and just started doing the pocket square. I ordered a pack of many colored polyester ones, but they are too small. I want to get more vintage squares and suits like I said because I think it's not just about wearing any old suit- I believe it might work better if I wear something ultra chic and classic looking.

I think this going to not only help me get girls but also more work as well.. My plan is to transition into Gmanifesto as far as wearing suits all the time goes. Either that or something on that level fashion wise because it's such a big deal here to dress well.

I like the serge gainsbourg suited up look. It's suit but not too conservative businessman look. I have to look like I'm famous.

Rocking the Chelsea/Beatles Australian boots as well lately.

Crave discomfort

Quote: (03-08-2014 04:49 PM)soup Wrote:  

I'm in the lookout for suits but I want to go with a more vintage look, not the futuristic vibe. I used to be more rock and roll looking. I do look really good in a motorcycle jacket.

Try RRL in Soho, on West Broadway. The suits there are just like this, and not douchy like John Varvatos. A bit more expensive, but one should last you for years. This place is also great and out in W'Burg http://www.facebook.com/BRJFAN

Crave discomfort

Quote: (03-08-2014 05:07 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

good to see you back.

I wear the suits for work, I don't want to wear them while running game because I need to keep them in good condition for work. And if you are wearing a blazer and jeans, that is not a suit.

same reason I dont wear them out, by the end of the day I just want to get out of it, and dont see any real advantage wearing it, but I have worn them for years. I think the key is being more creative with it, and not suiting up as a banker but as someone with style not associated with business.

Crave discomfort

You know sometimes suiting up to go to a non-suit venue is actually the best way to go. A buddy of mine is always rocking suits, anytime he's not working he's rocking a suit. We'll go to very casual bars, country western cowboy bars and he sticks out like a sore thumb but its crazy all night long while were out on the patio smoking where its quieter and easier to talk and approach people girls will be comming up to him all night asking why he's wearing a suit. Definately a conversation starter. Sometimes he'll say came from a funeral, other times a wedding, toher times work, othertimes he'll just be like I like rocking a suit. Seems to work for him though. If nothing else it shows that you dont have to go with the crows and look like everyone else at a cowboy bar wearing a stupid trucker hat or something like that.

Crave discomfort

The non-work suit vibe is very important in NYC. There are just so many guys in suits in NYC, it's crazy. A lot of them know how to drop some good style, especially once guys get into their 30's. I don't think suits give that much of an advantage per se in NYC.

However, what a sharp suit will do is it will force every girl you open to take you seriously for at least a few minutes. In a fast moving town like NYC, that's as good as getting opened in other places in a suit.

Tl;dr - A suit in NYC buys you a few minutes with a girl. A suit almost anywhere else gets you opened with all eyes on you.

Great to see you back dude.

Crave discomfort

Didn't mean to turn this into another suit thread (there has been an encyclopedia written on the forums) but the one thing I'll say is it's important to dress depending on your environment. Obviously I can't speak for NYC but in L.A. I think it's crucial to go for a summer/casual style:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmMaCQrs_CqrtyGzV2B1d...nfKHEbWibw]

[Image: summer-linen-suit.jpg]

[Image: white-suits-02.jpg]

When I say "suited down" this is the style I'm referring to. Not "business" suited down a la:

[Image: 1114985_1819963.jpg]

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Crave discomfort

Welcome back!

Like you I didn't feel comfortable dressing up, in my small town the most active bar is near the college and very casual. However I went last week with a dress shirt, tie, business-like leather jacket (blazer?), jeans, and got more attention. Tonight I'm going full tilt and replacing the leather with my blazer and see what happens.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Crave discomfort

Quote: (03-08-2014 06:46 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Didn't mean to turn this into another suit thread (there has been an encyclopedia written on the forums) but the one thing I'll say is it's important to dress depending on your environment. Obviously I can't speak for NYC but in L.A. I think it's crucial to go for a summer/casual style:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmMaCQrs_CqrtyGzV2B1d...nfKHEbWibw]

[Image: summer-linen-suit.jpg]

[Image: white-suits-02.jpg]

When I say "suited down" this is the style I'm referring to. Not "business" suited down a la:

[Image: 1114985_1819963.jpg]

That's more of what I'm thinking as well, but I want to go a little more vintage and ornate.. not so light and modern looking. Maybe it's the difference between NYC and LA.

Crave discomfort

Here you go soup [Image: biggrin.gif]

[Image: xu-ni-ty-fall-2011.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.zPLv4vii_V.jpg]

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Crave discomfort

I noticed white tuxes were big at the oscars, and it looked pretty sharp. May have to get a white or light colored tan jacket for spring with some dark denim.

[Image: Oscars-2014-White-Tux-How-to-Wear-635.jpg]

Crave discomfort

[Image: tumblr_mt9v3ybePT1rzs990o1_1280.jpg]

Here is a good take on the Oscars:

http://www.gentlemansgazette.com/oscars-mens-tuxedo/

Crave discomfort

Quote: (03-08-2014 06:46 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

I've seen plenty betas try to rock that style in bars lol
As soon as a suit isn't tailored properly for you... it shows, but a great suit is a great weapon, no doubt.

Crave discomfort

Quote: (03-08-2014 04:03 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Good to be back post 'prison-gate'.

[Image: jailhump.gif]

No harsh feelings toward Roosh or Tuth, who have both given so much positive change to so many guys.

[Image: grouphug.gif]

I'm a pretty lean 205, 6'3", getting an outline of a 6 pack but nowhere near the definition I'm looking for, however I think I've got a good V-taper developing and my posture is 1000x better than it ever has been.

[Image: gay.gif]

I was parked smack dab in front of the venue, which is what valet guys usually do for Italian supercars and shit. Here I am with my '08 Altima being treated like a VIP. Dressing sharp definitely has perks beyond just girls.

[Image: mindblown.gif]

tell her I thought about buying her a drink then decided against it (her expression was hilarious)

[Image: gamerecognized.gif]

"I think you're old enough to make out with me right now."

[Image: lolwtf.gif]

If you're not wearing a blazer, you're not living up to your potential.

[Image: agree.gif]

I should have started lifting sooner

[Image: agree2.gif]

For any guys just getting started, approaching is still the most important thing. Get 100 under your belt. 100 ain't shit. 100 gets you to the starting line. The real game is making these deposits. Invest in your physical body, your style, your posture.

[Image: powerclean.gif]

Fuck approaches and going out 5 nights a week. I need to keep my lifts up and keep working on that heavy bag. I'm going to take this body to the limit and if 18 months have produced these results, I'm going another 18 and then another 18 after that. I want to come out on the other side a completely different person, a MAXIMIZED person.

[Image: clap.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter