rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kiev (April 2 - April 12)

What's up guys!? I'm new to this forum, came across it via a google search the other day. I'll be in Kiev 4/2 - 4/12 for business, my schedule is fairly open so I'll have lots of free time for gaming. I'm traveling with a few dull and boring married guys so I'll probably be running solo most of the time. I've been to Kiev several times over the past few years, had a few hookups and met some cool people. In the past I had success at the various clubs/bars around the Arena complex. Also at Shooters and Caribbean Club.

About me: I'm a 30yr white American guy, originally from Chicago but I've been living/working in Germany for the past 7 years. I'm well traveled in Europe and Asia. I know a little Russian (choot choot) but from my experience, English works for me in Kiev.

If anyone is/will be around Kiev in early April let me know! Also, can anyone provide some insight on how the current political situation is impacting nightlife/running game/etc.? I'm in contact with a few girls I met in the past, they say basically "life goes on" in Kiev and there are a few areas to avoid, but other than that, I shouldn't have any issues. I totally understand the current situation is very fluid and things can change for the better or worse at any moment. But any insight from someone on the ground would be great.

I'm tempted to go. Though the political uncertainty is frightning.

What clubs/bars are you referring to around the Arena complex?

No doubt regarding the uncertainty. If things get worst (violent protests, shooting, etc.) my company will back out and we wont go. I'm slightly worried that while I'm there something happens that causes the situation to deteriorate. I'm not so worried about my personal safety, I blend in well in Eastern Europe due to my Polish and German heritage.

As far as my experience around Arena, I had luck at that beer bar that's on the ground floor across from the coat check, me and a former work buddy/wingman pulled a few 7-8s and ended up going upstairs to decadence house. Also there is a hookah/kalian bar on the right side as you face the main entrance, I don't remember the name, the place seems to be popular with arabs/turks, I do remember getting some hater glares from them but nothing too extreme. While I was waiting in line for the bathroom(that place only has one unisex toilet) this cute little blonde was moving through the line as all the dudes were letting her cut in front of them, when she got to me I smiled and said "sorry, I really need to go" or something like that and didn't let her cut. She was a bit thrown off by this and we ended up chatting for a bit and after both of use used the toilet(separately, lol) she invited me to join her table of friends, we ended up going to Crystal Hall/Palace later in the evening, was a wild night. Other than that, I've been to Vodka Bar but didn't care for that place, maybe it was a bad night, seemed to have way too many pros. I normally stay at Premier Palace, President Hotel, or RUS Hotel and Arena is a short walk so I've spent a fair amount of time there.