rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Breakthrough in fight against HIV

I thought this was pretty a pretty big deal -- Scientists discovered
a way to edit genes in your body's immune cells which make the cells resistant to HIV.

Quote:Quote:

...Scientists... are particularly excited about one study participant in whom the virus did not return during the 12-week portion of the study in which antiretroviral therapy was paused. When they examined his genome, they found that he already had one mutated copy of CCR5. “Nature had done half of the job,” says Tebas. After the addition of the modified cells, well over half the T cells in his body were resistant to HIV.

This is biggest breakthrough since the discovery of the Berlin patient who was HIV resistant. (Basing treatment on that discovery is not feasible for the mass market because donor cells containing the the gene found in the Berlin patient were likely to be attacked by the body)

Scientific American link here

This is a great step forward to one day wiping this horrible virus off the face of this planet.

I thought HIV/AIDS had gone from being a death sentence to a managable disease? Thanks to advances over the past 10-15 years?

Doubtful. The powers that be have no interest in curing a diesease that rakes them in profits due to "treatment" and also helps their eugenics scheme.

They will suppress this if they don't find a way to make a profit.

Quote: (03-06-2014 03:41 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

I thought HIV/AIDS had gone from being a death sentence to a managable disease? Thanks to advances over the past 10-15 years?

Ya, it's been manageable for a while. Lot's of gay guys (and probably a few heterosexuals) still alive 30, 40 years after contracting the disease.

But you really shouldn't bang non-HIV/AIDS victims when you got it, which would be a death sentence to the player lifestyle.

I don't know which is worse.

Reducing it to a readily treatable disease would mean one less thing to worry about while bare-backing.

There are only a handful of sexually transmitted diseases are incurable. We take care of them and we are all one vasectomy away from worry free sex.

I'm the King of Beijing!

"This is the way I feel right...AIDS is cured, like let's say they said 'Hey, we found out what cures lung cancer, don't get fucked in the ass and don't do needles'...it's cured, right?" - Norm Macdonald

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/16...e-for-aids

Tried to embed from Daily Motion, but it wouldn't work.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.