rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Guadalajara Late Winter 2014

Just recently took a solo visit to GDL Originally it was suppose to be Friday night-Sunday afternoon trip (10 days) but only ended up being a Friday Night through Thursday morning get away.

(ticket cost less than 350 RT from the midwest so that's main reason for coming here)

I did about 2 months worth of Spanish learning before hand. I'd say I was able to speak at a low conversational level outside of clubs with loud music but inside I had a hard time hearing what girls were saying. So for example, my last date in my trip was almost all in spanish. I was able to hold my own for 90% of the conversation other than a few verbs/words I had not yet learned.

So here are my observations/details about my trip:

Location, Location, Location

I stayed in Hotel Malibu in zapopan for less than 50 weekend. The place was pretty nice, had a pool, so so restaurant, bringing girls back was no problem, and always had a taxi waiting just outside the hotel. It was also a 2 min walk to Gran Plaza mall. I suppose someone could walk to Magno but that's not exactly close. Other than that you must take a taxi everywhere.

Next up I stayed in a hostel in Chapultepec. Primary reason was that I heard Sunday/Monday nights were dead so I figured I might find some cool cats to hang out with or maybe find some information about things to do during early week. The hostel I stayed at was about a four block walk to av. Chapultepec where one can find some good bars and restaurants to eat at. As others have written this area is quite lively with the younger population as many students can be seen walking throughout the day here. If you're looking for some good tacos then you should def check out Tomate. Please excuse my spelling on some places as I don't remember how quite a few of them are spelled. If I were staying here for an extended period I would def try to stay in this area It seems like you will have to pay for a taxi to go anywhere no matter where you stay in the city but at least in Chapu one could just walk to get food/pre game in bars if need be. There is also a few clubs in Chapu too.

I wouldn't recommend staying in Centro as it is quite far from nightlife and the part of the other cities I mentioned above. I would just stay in the two above mentioned parts and spend a day exploring Centro.

Pipleine

I had a productive experience on Tinder and POF. I got numbers/dates from girls who either spoke very good english or those who did not speak any at all. I didn't see many 8s if any on the dating sites but you'll find plenty of 6s-7s on there. My profile was in both english and spanish for POF.

Cost:
Those who live in the US will find most things here to be quite cheap. Beer at bars/clubs cost no more than 40 pesos on average, mixed drink cost between 6-8 USD and for a bottle most bottles were between 80-100 USD.

Good food was also quite a bargain. A good meal at a restaurant cost around 130 pesos for dinner but many places had meals costing 6-8 USD or even less.

The "best" hotel cost about 130 a night while many good ones range between 40-60 a night.

Avg taxi cost for me was 40-80 pesos. Not sure if they raise taxi prices by 50% after 2am but that's the price I got charged a significantly higher fee.

Friday

I arrived to my hotel walked around Gran Plaza mall, got some dinner, rested up and prepared myself for a solo night out.

I ended up going with the true and tested route of Lola Lolita, Bar Americas, and Lucrecia that previous members who have visited GDL have laid out.

Lola Lolita

As soon as I got to the door I knew I would have a problem. Door man was not allowing people to go inside unless with groups of girls, on a list, or you knew someone outside. No suit tonight but I was dressed in dress shoes, nice collar shirt/jeans. It took about 10-15 minutes but the doorman finally allowed me to get in in front of a bunch of people. I def enjoy this bar setup and was feeling the music . In the center was the main bar in a circular pattern with seats. On the outside surrounding were tables and couches for those in groups. After walking around for a bit I ended up sitting at the bar and making friends with some of the waitstaff. I had a few warmup beers and chatted with whomever ventured my way. Now I came to this bar quite early (from 1030-midnight) but about the time I was leaving it began to really heat up. Good music and everything but I decided to bounce to another bar after.

Bar Americas

Didn't enjoy this place as I got a beer and left right after. 90% dudes, dark and had a real emo feel. Not much I can write about this place as I was o nay here for about 10 minutes.

Lucrecia

Now this place was more of my type of scene. People were dancing and the music was good. They were playing a mixture of spanish music and hip hop/pop when I arrived around 1am. It was also packed here and because of it I was getting a bit overwhelmed. After a bit of walking around I went to the bathroom to collect myself before heading to the bar. After I grabbed a drink from the bar some dude started chatting me up in half English/half Spanish, he then introduced me to the group of girls he was with.

Two of them are from GDL while the other two were from Spain. One of the girls from here started showing some interest in me asking questions about where I am from, what I am doing here, etc etc (all in spanish). Ends up she has visited US before and will be taking a trip to Cali in the near future. I also noticed that if I was talking to her friend or others in the group in english, she would ask her friend for a translation in Spanish. Though it seemed one of the guys who introduced me to the group seemed keen on picking her up for the night. So I decided to just dance and have fun and avoid listen to the music, rapping lyrics whenever in English, drink some more, etc etc.

A bit of time later I guess I caught the attention of another girl who pulled me in for some dancing time with her. She also spoke no english but it was quite hard to hear her so I had trouble talking to her in spanish. I noticed some guys staring me down hard so I decided to back off a bit and see what sup with them. Turns out there were just her "friends" and actually were encouraging me to dance with her until one of them decided to talk to me for 20 minutes about god knows what. So after the convo ended the taller girl had moved off so I decided to head back to my original group. That this point of the night things are becoming to look grim as the original group of guys decided the want to bounce and then take the two girls from GDL with them back to their place. I ended up dancing with one of the girls from Spain for a bit until one of the girls from GDL comes back and starts talking to me again. She then asks me several questions:

(One of the bouncers kept coming over to my area and hanging out. Not sure what was it up but I got a friendly vibe. I was getting a bit concerned about him blocking me)

Where do you live?
How far is that from here

I respond:
In Zapopan
About 10 minutes away by taxi

I asked her the same questions
Turns out she lives about 20 minutes from here

I then proceed to ask her if she wants to bounce, but she says in a little bit. Not sure why but her friend comes back over to talk to her. I can only assume she is telling her that she will be going home with me because after a few minutes she leaves. We dance for a bit but tall girl comes back over and tries to insert herself in-between us so that we may dance. Girl from GDL wasn't having non of this and she tells me she wants to leave

I bounce with her, make out in the car for a bit, get to the hotel, offer her some chocolate from the Duty Free shop, turn the lights off, and the rest is history. I honestly wouldn't have even considered her Mexican if I met her in the US since she had the same complexion as.

Saturday

Girl from GDL leaves in the morning (got her number but never contact her after) and chill in my room for a bit. The plan was to hit up Centro to walk around and see the sites. That does end up happening but a girl from CS hits me up and says she wants to show me around the city. For a girl from GDL she seems to not know much about the buildings and churches. Turns out she isn't even from GDL and doesn't know much about what anything is. She did pay for my ice cream and introduced me to Chapultepec so I can't be all mad about it. We ended up parting ways when I got back to my hotel.

Before going out, I hit up one of my girls I pipelined before my trip. She was saying she planned on going out but would let me know where later in the night. Never ended up hearing from her though.

At night I linked up with a RVF member who has been living in GDL for about half a year now. Dude speaks spanish and seems to know the layout of the land. I'm not going to say who it is but if he wants to come and reveal himself then he can. At night I ended up going to Mala Noche for some pre drinks. This bar is 95% tables and is dark as shit. If i had a wing I def would give this bar good grades but since I was alone I will give it an incomplete. There were quite a few groups with just girls or groups with more girls than guys. Even with a few looks I didn't approach as my solo game still needs lots of work. I ended up bouncing and swinging by to pick up the mentioned RVF member above. He showed me a student bar (kids were no older than 21) and few other bars/clubs include Cassette (sorry for the spelling). This place has rooms with sofas on the lower level and music/table on the upper level. I can imagine if you isolated a girl upstairs you could move her downstairs for some intimate time.

Nothing else to write about today but I'm pretty sure I got ripped off by a taxi driver. Guy quoted me 150 pesos from Cassette to my hotel. After trying to get him to lower his price some other taxi driver comes over and we finally agree to 100 pesos. Not sure what the surcharge is for late night travel is but I still feel like I got ripped off.

Sunday

Turns out the girl who said she would let me know where she was did invite me out that night. Because I couldn't receive messages I never got it until after. Not sure if I really did miss out on a potential bang but she did send several messages that would point in that direction.

Most of my day was spent showing down on good food, seeing the rest of the city and on a date. She picked me up, took me to a place called Miman I belive. It' was on the outskirts of GDL so I don't exactly know where it is.

Afterwards we got ice cream and she took me to the supermercado to pick up some supplies. I got the long term vibe from her so I did not continue communication

Monday

Day was spent shopping for gifts and putting dates together for the rest of the week. Nothing real exciting Spent most of the night talking to this one girl so i set up a date for tomm.

Tuesday

Moved to an apartment in Zapopan for the last few days. Okay location as it was across from a mini mart, a few blocks from a main road where one can find restaurants to eat at and about a 40 peso taxi ride to Galerias. .

Went on a late "date" with some girl I met off of POF. Reminded me of a mini Selena Gomez. After picking me up she asked where I wanted to go. Asked if she was hungry then we could get something to eat. She said no so then I said for her to come in and we can watch a movie. Never ended up watching a movie so we instead just talked about some stuff. She went to school in the US so she spoke perfect English. After a bit of talking and touching and making out she said she was getting tired from work because of a long day. I ignored and we made out some more but she wouldn't let me take it any further. I decided to give up and let her out. About 5 minutes later I received a message saying she really liked me but was tired. I told her that she could just sleep at my place (lived with her parents) and could leave in the morning. So of course she turns around to come back to my place..deal sealed.

Wednesday

I had the girl from last night take me to the mall so I didn't have to pay for a taxi. She agreed but had to stop by her aunt's hairshop before. This is where I went through a bizarre incident with her aunt that I will detail later. My last day was spent on another date and preparing for my last night out. She ends up being half Asian/half Mexican and even better than her picture. She sounds like a great girl but again she was only interested in a long term relationship. She was also very religious which included giving me the honor of saying grace before eating. This date was in all Spanish also.
As for my night I had befriended the owner of a hostel and some cool cats there so we decided to go out that night. I ended up at their friend's crib for some fooseball and beer pong to start the night off. We then met up with a group of French peeps and walked to Chalet.

Chalet
So the deal with Chalet on a Wednesday night is you pay 250 pesos for an entrance fee but you get 500 pesos back in drink tickets. In other words if you go in a large group like I did then you could purchase 2-3 bottles plus sodas for the night. The place was def a nightclub as it had half tables and a dance floor towards the front. Having to leave early in the morning kinda messed up my vibe. I ended up winging with a guy there and finding a group of girls to dance with. Other than that I had to end my night early because of an red eye flight in the AM.

This was my first trip where I went solo AND went out at night alone. I was actually kind of surprised how comfortable I was being alone even with how people went out in groups.

So now the story about the 2nd flag's aunt. It kinda seems like this was planned along as I have no idea why she wanted to visit her aunt. But anyways, we get there and she calls her out outside. For your picture, imagine a hair store on the main street in front of everyone's point of view...very much in public. She introduces us and her aunt says something in Spanish I can't quite understand. Girl says her aunt wants to know if she can hug me...I'm thinking wtf but I agree to it...so she pulls me in for hug but instead of a normal hug she pulls my head down (she is 5'5" vs me being 6'4") so that my face is smothered in her tits. Now this woman is about early 40's but she actually could be for mid 30s. Next she begins to hold me while both caressing me and smelling me at the same time. I'm talking straight molestation. At this point I kinda push myself away and look at the girl who brought me and back at her aunt. I'm half expecting her to say for her to go bang her aunt but she says its time to go. Turns out her aunt has never met a black guy before and fantasizes about having sex with one. Her aunt is married but yet did all of this in front of her shop on a busy street with everyone looking. If it were just the three of us in private she would of probably eaten me alive..

General things of note
Police were hardly ever seen. Compared to my trip to Bogota last winter where there was one every 100 feet with a gun and/or a dog. Whenever I saw them there were in the malls or outside jewelry shops.
Better to learn Spanish before coming here.or stick find girls who want to learn English.
I started pipe-lining about 2.5 weeks out. I had a hard time keeping girls interested when I arrived because of how long from the initial contact for my trip was....either that or they just flaked at the last minute.
I never once got blown out when approaching girls. Everyone here is real polite and nice. I can't imagine asking a girl from the states to pick you up, show you around town, and pay for half the bill if not all. I never even asked for that stuff half the time they did it out of the kindness of their hearts.
Plenty of bars won't let you in immediately if you don't know someone or are not with a bunch of girls. I had problems with this initial at Lola Lolita but they let me in after 10-15 minutes.
All the basketball courts are on the outside of the city. I was looking for some for some exercise and maybe meet some locals with common interest. I suppose some of the universities have courts but I never really checked.
I got some hits from Mexico City also. These girls seemed a bit more sexual vs GDL girls.
The forum member that I met said that since he's been there in the fall I am the first black guy he has seen there. The 2nd girl I was with also said similar things. I didn't see any brothers out and about either.

I def enjoyed my stay here. It was nice to have some authentic Mexican cuisine, get away from the negative temps, and learn a bit about Mexican culture.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

lol @ the aunt story

Nice report, I'll be in GDL in April for a few months. Looking forward to banging some sexy mexicanas.

@Mojorisin808
If you're going in April I highly recommend going to Tepatitlan to the Fiestas Tepabril. Its only like 30 mins away from Guadalajara by car and I assure you it is Poosy paradise during this time. People all over Mexico and Jalisco go to party and drink for the whole month. Usually starts mid April and ends the 30th. They have a good line up of celebrities doing concerts every year, Last year they had Coldplay so it has pretty good rep. Highly recommend it for anyone near during April.

Quote: (03-06-2014 08:27 PM)OMYG Wrote:  

@Mojorisin808
If you're going in April I highly recommend going to Tepatitlan to the Fiestas Tepabril. Its only like 30 mins away from Guadalajara by car and I assure you it is Poosy paradise during this time. People all over Mexico and Jalisco go to party and drink for the whole month. Usually starts mid April and ends the 30th. They have a good line up of celebrities doing concerts every year, Last year they had Coldplay so it has pretty good rep. Highly recommend it for anyone near during April.

Sounds great, def gonna check it out.! thanks for the info.