rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to tell if a girl really likes you ...the IOI thread

So it's Sunday night and I dropped my kid off back with his mom and I'm heading back up to my one bedroom bachelor pad in North Jersey. [Image: tdcs.gif]

I decide to stop and get some dinner at my #1 favorite restaurant ...Taco Bell [Image: thumb.gif] I walk up to the register and this cute little Indian girl greats me warmly with her over the top bubbly teenage girl personality. I start laughing a little bit because she's so ridiculous trying to sell me on filling out a survey for her so she can win a gift card to Starbucks.

Usually I look for common IOIs like eye contact, asking me personal questions, voice goes to a higher register ...things like that. I've been around the block a few times so I'm skeptical even when I get those. There's lots of Hoes in NJ [Image: dodgy.gif]

So I do what I do best ...eat soft tacos and people watch.

I sat there and ate my steak burrito and soft taco and just paid attention to how she spoke to the other 12 people that she helped after me. I sat back and felt the vibe she was putting out.

I came to the conclusion that she was friendlier and more flirtatious with me than everyone after me. So I decided it was worth my time to kick it to her and pick her up.

Once all her customers were helped she came around and started wiping down the tables. So I throw out "You know you have a really cute voice".

Her: Ohh thank you. You're so sweet.

She sounded like she was on helium [Image: lol.gif] Real turn on for some reason.

So we go back and forth for a little while shooting the shit. I find out she's 20 and single. We agree to chill out sometime and she gives me her number. Game on.

Now the point of this thread is not just IOIs. It's about developing your empathy or ability to feel out when a girl has genuine interest in you.

If you want to improve your approach to number close ratio you have to fine tune your female attention whore bullshit detector.

If you have a similar story please share.

Team Nachos

It's all in the eyes. The eye fuck, the sparkle, that glow. Big open eyes glancing for a split second.

Quote: (03-02-2014 11:03 PM)deathtofatties Wrote:  

It's all in the eyes. The eye fuck, the sparkle, that glow. Big open eyes glancing for a split second.

You're a poet [Image: blush.gif]

Team Nachos

To some extent I feel like putting too much effort into figuring out whether a girl likes you is counterproductive. Sure, it's nice to be able to get a feel on where you stand with a chick so you can anticipate how she'll react if you (e.g.) get more physical with her or go for a makeout, but in a lot of situations (especially soon after you've met her), I think it's better to just go for shit regardless of whether you think the chick is into you and use your limited mental resources on things that are more within your control. If it works great, if not and you get rejected then who cares. After all, there will be a certain percentage of the time when the girl wasn't showing many obvious signs of attraction but accepts your escalation anyway.

With the girl in your story for instance, I think it would have made sense to hit on her whether or not you got the vibe that she was being extra friendly to you (granted it may have impacted the way you approached her--maybe you would have gone indirect instead, but with that caveat I think my general point still stands). The great thing about cold approaching is that there's literally no downside at all once you get over your own ego.

Quote: (03-02-2014 11:14 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

To some extent I feel like putting too much effort into figuring out whether a girl likes you is counterproductive. Sure, it's nice to be able to get a feel on where you stand with a chick so you can anticipate how she'll react if you (e.g.) get more physical with her or go for a makeout, but in a lot of situations (especially soon after you've met her), I think it's better to just go for shit regardless of whether you think the chick is into you and use your limited mental resources on things that are more within your control. If it works great, if not and you get rejected then who cares. After all, there will be a certain percentage of the time when the girl wasn't showing many obvious signs of attraction but accepts your escalation anyway.

With the girl in your story for instance, I think it would have made sense to hit on her whether or not you got the vibe that she was being extra friendly to you (granted it may have impacted the way you approached her--maybe you would have gone indirect instead, but with that caveat I think my general point still stands). The great thing about cold approaching is that there's literally no downside at all once you get over your own ego.

Yeah I agree. I'm just trying to put some real world examples out there for the younger guys. Guys tend to get all stupid when they're "in the moment" and talking to a girl. By sitting back and watching I'm taking myself out of the situation in order to get a better read on her.

It's kind of like ex post facto stalking [Image: lol.gif] Usually guys will stalk a girl for a while before they attempt an approach or a conversation.

Team Nachos

Orbiting.

I was at a concert waiting for the headliner to come on, so I was just socializing with random people in the venue while the opening act was on stage boring us to death. I opened this cute little blonde chick who was standing near me. I wasn't even gaming, just being social. We talked for a minute before I rejoined my friend. For the rest of the night every time I looked over she was right by my side. She would get pulled off by her friends, then minutes later come right back alone and stand next to me. I would leave that spot to go to the bar, then she would leave, then I would come back...then she would come right back and stand by me lol. That was an easy one.

Another one was at a college campus during a break from class. I was just enjoying the sunshine, listening to birds sing, and watching bees pollinate flowers when I noticed this cute black chick in the tightest red pants I'd ever seen at the time was walking in my direction. I gave her a head nod then went back to enjoying the beauty of nature. She walked up to the bench on my left, put her shoe up and tied it slowly, then walked over to the bench on my right and sat down. Now that I think about it I was high; I had smoked in the parking lot before class. I looked at her and smiled, then turned back to looking at nature. Then she got up and came to my bench and sat RIGHT next to me. I mean RIGHT next to me, there was no room between us. She basically forced me to open her. Number closed her.

There are a few more situations like that with girls orbiting like satellites, but you get the point. Maybe one of the most obvious IOI's. Girls walking past empty seats to sit close to you, walking past you slowly multiple times, standing near you for no reason...

"What's the difference between us.
We can start at the penis.
Or scream I just don't give a fuck and see who really means it."
- Marshall Bruce Mathers III

Quote: (03-03-2014 12:57 AM)ChocolateCockOfZeus Wrote:  

Orbiting.

I was at a concert waiting for the headliner to come on, so I was just socializing with random people in the venue while the opening act was on stage boring us to death. I opened this cute little blonde chick who was standing near me. I wasn't even gaming, just being social. We talked for a minute before I rejoined my friend. For the rest of the night every time I looked over she was right by my side. She would get pulled off by her friends, then minutes later come right back alone and stand next to me. I would leave that spot to go to the bar, then she would leave, then I would come back...then she would come right back and stand by me lol. That was an easy one.

Another one was at a college campus during a break from class. I was just enjoying the sunshine, listening to birds sing, and watching bees pollinate flowers when I noticed this cute black chick in the tightest red pants I'd ever seen at the time was walking in my direction. I gave her a head nod then went back to enjoying the beauty of nature. She walked up to the bench on my left, put her shoe up and tied it slowly, then walked over to the bench on my right and sat down. Now that I think about it I was high; I had smoked in the parking lot before class. I looked at her and smiled, then turned back to looking at nature. Then she got up and came to my bench and sat RIGHT next to me. I mean RIGHT next to me, there was no room between us. She basically forced me to open her. Number closed her.

There are a few more situations like that with girls orbiting like satellites, but you get the point. Maybe one of the most obvious IOI's. Girls walking past empty seats to sit close to you, walking past you slowly multiple times, standing near you for no reason...

Black girls can be super aggressive.

This is an obvious IOI:

[Image: girl-back-looking-ground-195153.jpg]

And she's ovulating, with dilated pupils and glowing skin.

Or when they can't make any eye contact, like this:

[Image: downsweep-764654.jpg]

I may not have very tight game, and I get cockblocked hard all the time, but I'm guaranteed makeouts with hot white girls (exactly like the ones above) at parties when I just chill out, hold back, and let myself pickup on these. This is better than aggressive approaching when you can pick up on the cues.

It might be directed at you, or just a general thing she's doing, waiting for the first guy to pickup on it. Sometimes it's a short window of opportunity, or a hint hat she wants you to approach her later. That's when you have to rely on your gut.

When I feel the time is right, I maneuver myself close by, make eye contact, and touch the waist as I say hi.

-----------------------

As for daygame, this is less reliable. Most women aren't expecting to be hit on, especially on a street. Maybe in a coffeeshop if she's alone. But at a party you can gradually ease into her space once you get the signal.

I try and just trust my instincts. If I get the feeling that a girl might like me, then she most probably does. Most obvious ones I get are proximity, albeit not usually as obvious as in the examples above, and eye contact being held for a little longer than usual, before looking down.

Quote: (03-02-2014 10:58 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

So I throw out "You know you have a really cute voice".

She sounded like she was on helium [Image: lol.gif] Real turn on for some reason.

Would you say she has the Little Girl Voice?
Careful Brother!

Similar story, I was out one night with work. Got some free booze and then bounced to another club with a friend. He's wasted, I've had one.
We go over to the bar and I decide I'm good so I take a few steps back to this pillar with a little table sticking out of it.

I notice these three girls walking past me slowly. Like real slowly.
Tall Blonde with two Brunettes. I smile at the blonde, she smiles back.
Couple of minutes later, they walk past again. I can see them looking at me from my periphery, I'm obviously very interested in the back of my friend's head. I'm going to go hunting after my friend gets his drink.

And a minute or so after that, they walk past again but this time the Blonde stops,nods to her friends and puts her handbag on the table and starts searching for something in it about 3 inches from me.

"That's a nice big bag, want a hand?"
"No, I'm good, my friend just thinks your good looking"
"Which one?"

I don't think she answered that, didn't see her friends for the rest of the night. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Touching your forearm, shoulders....those brief, seemingly inconspicous touches...lighter than a friend would touch you...

Catching her staring at you with a slightly open mouth...not in the sexy come get me type(those types are usually rehearsed many many times before)...

Beaming when you address her... getting slightly embarrased or flushed when you praise her

Asking non-obnoxious personal questions...letting you talk more than she does

The hair-playing....this is natural when she's doing so distractedly...not twirling her hair to catch your attention

Brief lip-licking...again, like above. Its very short when its subconscious

Nose crinkling

Making you feel like the best person in the world

Getting worried / nervous when you appear angry/distressed/ low

Quote: (03-03-2014 09:54 AM)CarCrashKid Wrote:  

Quote: (03-02-2014 10:58 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

So I throw out "You know you have a really cute voice".

Would you say she has the Little Girl Voice?
Careful Brother!

She did have little girl voice. I didn't think it was a sign of sexual abuse. [Image: huh.gif]

You know what man ...just about ever girl I know has some kind of story of abuse, drunken sex, being groped, abusive relationship etc. So I don't take abuse claims too seriously. We're living in a victim culture these days. Crying rape gives women a free pass to bitch and moan and assign blame. Everything is considered abuse nowadays [Image: dodgy.gif]

Team Nachos

I hope her name was Mercedes.

Quote: (03-03-2014 12:57 AM)ChocolateCockOfZeus Wrote:  

Orbiting.

This happened to me last saturday

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Quote: (03-03-2014 01:14 PM)Menace Wrote:  

I hope her name was Mercedes.

[Image: XS5LK.gif]

This.

Plus the hair flip, lip licking, and shoe dangle. Anyone of those you should be on green alert.

Quote: (03-03-2014 06:52 PM)horn Wrote:  

This.

Plus the hair flip, lip licking, and shoe dangle. Anyone of those you should be on green alert.

The shoe dangle is one of the hottest and might be my personal favorite. Another common and subtle hint I've been noticing lately is in the "preening family" of IOI's- the re-applying of ChapStick.

Eye contact is obviously the big one. If she adjusts to match my energy levels the green light goes off in my mind as well.

A huge IOI is when she laughs at everything you say. I might be funny but I'm not THAT funny!

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

Im pretty sure a girl is into me once I have sex with her. Even more sure after after the 10th time. [Image: icon_lol.gif]

A simple one is when she is hanging on every word, like you're telling a story, then get distracted for some reason, look around for a couple of seconds and when you return her head and gaze hasn't moved an inch. This is a particularly strong tell for me if she is with friends and they are in a party mood or a loud energitic surrounding. If she didn't allow her fickle attention to be distracted, then I take that as a rather strong IOI.

Ditto on the orbiting. Any girl who finds a way to be near me after we've been introduced, I take as a pretty reliable indicator.

A personal one, for when to go for the kiss, is when I start feeling like I am talking too much and words lose their impact. Usually at this point our heads are close together, so time for the hair behind ear to hand to back of neck pull in kiss move.

1. If she starts playing with her hair
2. If she laughs at things that are not funny (being giggly)
3. If she asks you her name
4. You squeaze her hand, she squeazes back.

If she adds you on Facebook

Quote: (03-03-2014 09:07 PM)dreambig Wrote:  

A huge IOI is when she laughs at everything you say. I might be funny but I'm not THAT funny!

Especially when she doesn't even understand you. I speak French and English, and she speaks Russian and Portuguese only. Somehow we managed to laugh our asses of the whole night and made out.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

If your cock's inside her.