rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Next Bullshit Fashion Trend is "Normcore"

This is a lesson in lazy media as much as in unappealing fashion.

Normcore has reached the tipping point. The gloss on the style is dressing like on "Seinfeld."

[Image: ku-xlarge.jpg]

This is what's representative of the style:

[Image: normcore.jpg]

Young people who consider themselves trend setters dress like idiots every day, but that doesn't necessarily deserve press. Media outlooks have collectively decided that this style represents an important development that deserves coverage. Just take a look at the results of a google search of normcore:

[Image: 34ov4e8.png]

All these articles within days of each other. As if not having your click-bait take on normcore is some kind of unpardonable offense.

As for the style itself, it's aggressively boring, which, after a decade-plus of gender-bending male fashion, I'll take as a positive development. And if everyone's wearing pale denim shirts and New Balance sneakers, it'll be that much easier to dress stylishly.

Way to contrived too ever matter.

NY times culture pieces are a total joke. The people that write them are utterly out of touch with relevant youth culture, what they say has no relevance to anything whatsoever. Remember "grunge speak"? A NY times culture reporter asked someone at Sub Pop records if people into grunge had any slang, the employee made up a bunch of bullshit on the fly, and they published a whole article about it.

Quote:Quote:

bloated, big bag of bloatation – drunk
bound-and-hagged – staying home on Friday or Saturday night
cob nobbler – loser
dish – desirable guy
fuzz – heavy wool sweaters
harsh realm – bummer
kickers – heavy boots
lamestain – uncool person
plats – platform shoes
rock on – a happy goodbye
score – great
swingin' on the flippity-flop – hanging out
tom-tom club – uncool outsiders
wack slacks – old ripped jeans

I'm not even mad. More people to laugh at and more inspiration to dress better.

Let the sheep walk to destruction guys!

Nope.

Lol dressing like crap is in fashion now?
Quick everybody, run to Costco and pick up some dad jeans and Court Classics before the hipsters buy em all.

Boring is the new cool.

Fuck hipsters. Hate them with all my guts.

'Ironically' dressing schlubby/fashion inept, how is this even being packaged as a new development? So I guess the net change here is that hipsters are buying 90s stuff from thrift stores instead of 70s and 80s stuff, captivating.

No wonder I haven't noticed any hipsters lately. They've become so ironic they blend into the mainstream they rebel against. It's hip to be square (again).

I wonder if they actually look at themselves in the mirror. It's not that hard to see if something clicks or not. Maybe they're perpetually on drugs so their judgement is permanently damaged.

Also any movement with the "-core" suffix cannot be taken seriously.

every american can buy his clothes at walmart again?

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

The next trend will be moving into one bedroom apartments with nothing but a can of beans in the pantry and old Chinese food in the fridge. "Divorced Dad-core"

I don't get it.

Quote: (03-03-2014 11:24 PM)soup Wrote:  

I don't get it.

Link bait: It's all you need to understand.

So people copy Seinfeld but nobody wants to copy Archer and his obsession for turtle necks?

[Image: wtf.jpg]

Use it to your advantage to get broads. Dress like this and roll into your cities de facts hipster bar and you will get opened by some tumblr whore. Give it a month to marinate and let these broads make a bunch of IG posts before it blows up, but essentially the trend is here. The seeds have been planted.

The irony is that "trends" are usually jacked from legit scenesters a year or two late. They probably dressed like shit purposely to not fit in.

how more dead end can you go?

"Hipster: The Dead End of Western Civilization"

https://www.adbusters.org/magazine/79/hipster.html

Pretty soon the next trend will be "ironically" working out to get bigger muscles.,

[Image: tumblr_msas87gWdt1qaehqco1_400.gif]

humm... less competition?

Another example of it being considered "hip" and "edgy" to mock anything prosiac and middle class. And these are the same people who rail about "class warfare" and the "elites" [Image: dodgy.gif]

Funny how they use Seinfeld as an example of lame clothes: I think that's more of an example of the lameness and dorkiness of the 90s than anything else.

Retro is always trendy. The 1950's thing is waning and now it's going to be a 1990's thing. 90's cartoons, retro video games, and old alternative rock has already been an "in" thing for the past 5 years or so. Snore. This whole "ironic" popculture thing is so tired. People should just take their own lives.

Was hoping to see this when I clicked this thread:

[Image: c-norm-03.jpg]

Do hipsters consider themselves hipster? Or is it one of those things where they think everyone else is a hipster and not them?

My best friend was photographed for a college paper which was analyzing the culture and fashion of hipsters. But he doesn't consider himself a hipster - and I would agree.

Circles within circles...

How about we call it... "GAYcore"

Quote: (03-04-2014 11:46 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Retro is always trendy. The 1950's thing is waning and now it's going to be a 1990's thing. 90's cartoons, retro video games, and old alternative rock has already been an "in" thing for the past 5 years or so. Snore. This whole "ironic" popculture thing is so tired. People should just take their own lives.

1990s thing was in a effect last year and the one before, so it's passe now.