rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ways to Trump Another Guy's "Better Job Card"

Right now I'm working in the Czech Republic, but I'm heading home in July. I need to be prepared for the possibility of being unemployed for a decent chunk of time after returning to the US. Obviously still want to go out and hit on chicks in the meantime.

In another thread, guys were discussing the best ways to foil another dude's attempt at hijacking your convo with a girl. The advice was golden, but there's a scenario which scares me a little, which is the "What do you do?" question from some swinging dick.

Here's the scenario: you're spitting game to a chick and some other dude makes a confident, IDGAF-vibe advance on her. You obviously can't roll over just like that, so you try to stand your ground. This confident and successful dude senses the competition and tries to extinguish any chance you have with "So what do you do?" in a fake interested way, knowing he probably makes more than you.

What are some clever strategies to take HIM out of the picture swiftly and effectively. There's a lot written about telling girls what you do, but this is different.

And please, don't be a smartass and say "Get a better job." Obviously working on that one.

Quote: (02-28-2014 11:11 AM)djwaters420 Wrote:  

This confident and successful dude senses the competition and tries to extinguish any chance you have with "So what do you do?" in a fake interested way, knowing he probably makes more than you.

Answer: "Stuff." Full stop. Generally that will be enough for the topic to be dropped.

I've done this in career centric major cities a bunch of times to guys trying to cut into the conversation I have with another girl. I know the second they actually try to qualify themselves by giving a serious response that they are gone.

Tell them you rob banks for a living and switch topics. Talking about jobs is boring anyway.

Wald

the less you reveal about who you actually are, when talking well and dressing well, goes much further than the pontificating douche bag impressed with himself

I have a shit job teaching TEFL. This is what I've done in the past and would do if it came up again:

Two options:

a) Silly answer

Nobface: "What do you do?"

You: "Time travel"

VERY rarely will a guy will pursue this beyond the first question. He's already been outed as pretty serious IMO.

Nobface: "No, what do you do for a job" (Already looks like a nob at this point)

You: "*Grin and laugh* *hands-up 'WTF' action and look at girl* I travel through time. I just told you man haha"

b) Serious answer. This time be nice to him and seem genuinely serious. Make it visible that you have more important things to worry about instead of a 9-5 slog.

You: "You know man. That's a good question. I don't quite know. Sometimes I can run majestically through the rain without a care in the world, other times I feel like my civil liberties are being increasingly curtailed in the name of counter-terrorism, you know what I mean? *swig beer with a distant stare*"

He won't know what to do.

Outsmart people

Quote: (03-01-2014 10:50 AM)LeightonBlackstock Wrote:  

I have a shit job teaching TEFL. This is what I've done in the past and would do if it came up again:

Two options:

a) Silly answer

VERY rarely will a guy will pursue this beyond the first question. He's already been outed as pretty serious IMO.

Nobface: "No, what do you do for a job" (Already looks like a nob at this point)

You: "*Grin and laugh* *hands-up 'WTF' action and look at girl* I travel through time. I just told you man haha"

b) Serious answer. This time be nice to him and seem genuinely serious. Make it visible that you have more important things to worry about instead of a 9-5 slog.

You: "You know man. That's a good question. I don't quite know. Sometimes I can run majestically through the rain without a care in the world, other times I feel like my civil liberties are being increasingly curtailed in the name of counter-terrorism, you know what I mean? *swig beer with a distant stare*"

He won't know what to do.

Outsmart people

Haha, I teach TEFL too.

Good advice. Thanks, boss.

Slight variation on the situation. Now that I think of it, I encounter this type of situation more when I'm out with a group of people that includes dudes I've never met before. The type of dudes you can tell after the first minute you're not gonna like. Would you pull the same move against a competitor within the group? He wouldn't just walk away like a rando would. It could also create some real beef within the group and kill the vibe.

/ Good to see another TEFL dirtbag here [Image: biggrin.gif].

Oh, I encounter this situation a lot. Jock-types love giving shit to the borderline-hipster Brit who can pull a lot more than them.

Agree and amplify. Always works here. Just absolutely make sure you don't look the SLIGHTEST bit bothered. You're getting an opinion from a pig that sloshes about in shit all day.

First night in Bangkok: I was on Khao San Road, holding hands with a Thai girl I'd pulled. I was wearing a smart shirt, tie, jeans and smart shoes.

Nobface: "Mate. Why are you in a suit?"
Me: "*Sarcastic shit-eating grin* Well, the bank won't open itself!"
Nobface: "blah, blah, blah, you're in a suit"
Me: "I know, it's great ennit?"
Nobface "I think you're fucking mental mate >:-(. *Puts out hand and offers handshake*"

He ran out of ideas. Problem solved.

Another method:

Nobface: "*Random put-down*"
Me: "*HUGELY Over theatrical gasp :O :O :O :O :O :O" (Followed by walking off)

They really don't know how to respond [Image: lol.gif]

Or:

Nobface "*Random put-down*"
Me: "Oh, Kamsamnida *smile/Korean-style pisstake bow*, *walk-off as if it was a passing compliment*"

Or just humour them for thirty seconds and carry on with your night. After about a minute they'll revert back to downing pints, bumping chests and cumming on a biscuit. Whereas you'll be talking to women :-P

Quote:Quote:

Here's the scenario: you're spitting game to a chick and some other dude makes a confident, IDGAF-vibe advance on her. You obviously can't roll over just like that, so you try to stand your ground.

You don't have to "roll over" but if the chick gravitates to the other guy...then go holla at some other chick.

NO CHICK IS WORTH COMPETING OVER!!

On top of that, the other dude would have shown "extreme thirst" by doing something like that. Let him have her, if he is going to do all of that.

"I'm selling meth"

Nope.

There's lots of non-answers in here, but there's also another option.

Answer him in classic statement statement question fashion and then cut him off when his answer is obviously boring and turn back to the girl:

"Last contract was in the Czech Republic, it's a really cool place I got to see this and that. Have you ever been?"

When he gives you his obviously lame answer turn to the girl and ask her the same question, or start telling them both about something cool that happened.

You're misunderstanding value.

1. Believe that you have value and things that you do are valuable above the standard societal metric. Others will too.

2. There are MANY types of value. You assume women see value only as monetary because as men we are logical and see the black/white easily. Women read between the lines and they see a lot more subtleties to things. You show them something cool about your experiences THROUGH your last job and don't even touch on the monetary aspect, women will be impressed/interested.

3. How the hell do you even know that anyone will assume you make less than them or that people will think less of you for having an INTERESTING JOB with lesser pay.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

If other guys are trying to take over your conversation then you probably display poor body language or the content of your convos suck. If I sense a girl is stuck with that I usually jump in to take her away, even if she's fugs..

This thread has the potential to be gold.

Interesting to hear other people's opinions on what they would do or say.

Cheers.

What do you do? answers:
-Work (or "I make money"
-Women
-Lots of alcohol, cocaine, and ecstasy
-Hustle and Grind, gotta shine (Only use if you're a "Playa")
-I'm not sure, what do you do?
-Nothing/A bit of everything
-Subaquatic canine contraband detection
-Nothing anymore, I won the lotto

Quote: (03-01-2014 10:50 AM)LeightonBlackstock Wrote:  

Outsmart people

This is excellent. You start off with the misdirect, which is good but then the response to his "no, seriously" is better since you basically indirectly calling him out for caring way too much about a male stranger's occupation.