rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is there a chatroom?

Is there a chatroom?

I've heard several people mention they were talking to people on IRC or something like that. Do we actually have a chat room in addition to the forums?

Is there a chatroom?

Yes, it's not "official." Holdover from forum server move.

Link: http://rooshv.com/rvfchat.html

Is there a chatroom?

Quote: (02-27-2014 03:25 PM)Menace Wrote:  

Yes, it's not "official." Holdover from forum server move.

Link: http://rooshv.com/rvfchat.html

I got a 404 not found error when I clicked it.

Is there a chatroom?

Yes and it's terrible.

Is there a chatroom?

Quote: (02-27-2014 03:36 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Yes and it's terrible.

Why is it terrible?

Is there a chatroom?

Quote: (02-27-2014 03:42 PM)Slacker101 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-27-2014 03:36 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Yes and it's terrible.

Why is it terrible?
Go there about 8pm and report back

Is there a chatroom?

The chatroom is frequented by senior members and ROK writers as a place to brainstorm, formulate, and review new ideas for another article or thread. Its like the cutting room floor of the RooshV brand. A lot of quality comes from its creation.

Is there a chatroom?

Quote:Quote:

A lot of quality comes from its creation

Like?

Is there a chatroom?

I thought it was an open forum but when I slip in there, it feels above my paygrade, per se. So wondering if someone like me (zero stars) should just avoid it altogether.

Is there a chatroom?

Quote: (03-03-2014 02:27 PM)rkp208 Wrote:  

I thought it was an open forum but when I slip in there, it feels above my paygrade, per se. So wondering if someone like me (zero stars) should just avoid it altogether.

I think that it is important to realize that this forum is not your mother's forum.

Many of us know each other and hang out it real life. Those who haven't met still know quite about each other from frequent forum communication, on threads, via PM and often times, even by phone.

This isn't just a place to kill time. There is a lot of added value shared. Guys help each other set up businesses and websites, plan travel and even occasionally bust each other of jail. Therefore, there are a lot of strong bonds formed and the unofficial chatroom can feel overwhelming.

I'd suggest reading through as many old threads as possible, get your post count up by adding value to the forum, and don't be afraid to PM others to thank them for a post you liked or to ask a question about something that strikes your curiousity. Sooner or later, you'll feel right at home in the forum chatroom.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Is there a chatroom?

^^^i really appreciate your time clarifying that. I was already assuming a few of the factors you mentioned but makes more straight up sense now.

I'll be honest - I've been a bit of a pussy in directly PMing others because I wasn't internalizing and taking care of myself. That's changed and I have a more positive outlook (thanks to the folks here), So I'm making a pact to be contributing a lot more especially where I can help.

Is there a chatroom?

Bump

Maybe we could organize a chat room using an app?

Is there a chatroom?

Quote: (03-03-2014 07:26 PM)Cobra Wrote:  

^^^i really appreciate your time clarifying that. I was already assuming a few of the factors you mentioned but makes more straight up sense now.

I'll be honest - I've been a bit of a pussy in directly PMing others because I wasn't internalizing and taking care of myself. That's changed and I have a more positive outlook (thanks to the folks here), So I'm making a pact to be contributing a lot more especially where I can help.

You've come a long way Cobra!

Is there a chatroom?

Quote: (01-06-2017 05:27 PM)ShotgunUppercuts Wrote:  

Bump

Maybe we could organize a chat room using an app?

There was and we did have a chat room, but it's long been shut down and I don't expect another one to pop up any time in the future.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List