rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Most Attractive People On OKC Interviewed

So many gems in this piece...

nymag.com/thecut/2014/02/okcupid-most-desired-people-in-new-york.html

Quote:Quote:

To find out how some people manage to stand apart from the masses, and how it feels to be so desired, I asked Rudder to introduce me to the most popular OKCupid daters in the city in four categories—straight and gay women and straight and gay men.

Great premise.

The most attractive woman turns out to be a nerdy tattooed girl interested in casual sex. She checks off most of Tuth's slut signs.

Her inbox pretty much read like mine did during my fake dating experiment, except she's gotten 8,000 five star ratings.
http://www.returnofkings.com/24418/is-on...ining-game

She attention whores - I mean, blogs - the worst of them here:
http://theyreallysaidthis.tumblr.com/

In the two years Lauren has been on the site, she estimates that she’s gone on only 20 dates. “I’m picky. I just look at the first ­sentence and delete delete delete.”

This woman has no idea what she wants or how to filter.

So who's dating her?

It doesn’t hurt that Lauren, after getting out of a four-year relationship with a “pathological liar” who had a drug problem, isn’t necessarily looking for anything serious.

That's right. Bad boys with drug problems and dark triad traits.

By the way, the two above quotes constitute everything you need to know about online game.

Who is the most attractive guy?

A guy who wears pocket squares, and whose idea of self deprecation is to call himself better than Ryan Gosling.

Preppily handsome, he’s dressed in a well-fitting H&M blazer with, yes, a skinny black tie and matching pocket square. James’s profile is peppered with references to his travels in Nepal and China and self-deprecatingly confident jokes like: “Ryan Gosling could play my stunt double. That is, if I didn’t already do my own stunts.” The whole profile is self-aware...

Sounds like my profile.

Oh, and he always swipes right on Tinder. Always. And uses the same opener everytime.

So has he been on more then twenty dates?

“A lot of us want the best: the best job, the best apartment, the best significant other,” he says. And in his case, that might mean being the best bachelor as well—someone with the best stories of dating adventures to tell. In fact, he can’t stop thinking about this one incredible woman he met recently; they danced until two in the morning. Then he tells me about another beautiful, smart woman who fed him meat loaf at three in the morning. And then there was that woman with …

I think we all saw that coming.

What I love about online dating is that it is the regular sexual marketplace on crack. Accelerated beyond control. And it signals the future of dating with social media.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

The most desired woman in New York is a 6 with sleeve tattoos? I'm calling bullshit on this piece.

Swipe right is what i do.. The numbers game.

Quote: (02-24-2014 06:56 PM)Sparks123 Wrote:  

The most desired woman in New York is a 6 with sleeve tattoos? I'm calling bullshit on this piece.

Nerdy and interested in casual sex. Never underestimate the power of attainability.

The straight dude's profile is....good. I don't think it's all that great though. He's naturally good looking, but his profile isn't that exciting and he's not tremendously fashionable. I've seen other RVFers profiles who are better. Hell, I think my profile is better.

As for the woman? No. Just no.

Quote: (02-24-2014 06:56 PM)Sparks123 Wrote:  

"that was willing to be interviewed"

Basically, that was willing to call herself out as a huge slut.

Believable actually.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

"I would swim the Amazon upstream with an airtank filled with Rosie O’Donnell’s queefs …"

Oh shit LMAO I'm in tears!

"What's the difference between us.
We can start at the penis.
Or scream I just don't give a fuck and see who really means it."
- Marshall Bruce Mathers III

That slut with tats is the most desired woman in New York? I'm sure many RVFers slept with more attractive girls. I sure did.

I haven't done any online dating, but this part is confusing, maybe Soup or someone could answer.

Doesn't this mean he's saying he's available to obese chicks and potential freaks?

Can hotter girls see this?

“You ready for the secret?” James asks me. “Not to blow your mind, but it’s disgusting …” He picks up his phone. “So, every couple days, I will do this,” he says. He opens the Tinder app, but before
I can see the first woman’s face, he swipes right: interested. If the woman he likes also swipes right, he has an official match. In short: He never swipes left (not interested).

“I will say yes to every single person,” James says. And he never follows up with someone who hasn’t already confirmed her interest. On ­OKCupid,­ he does the same thing: He gives everyone five stars (and if someone gives him four or fives stars in return, the site will notify him of a match). By doing so, he exposes himself to less risk, an appealing upside to James, who’s had two difficult breakups. He’s since had thousands of matches—so many that he’s had to refine his strategy.

I didn't read anything, just looked at the straight guy's pic on the article.

Unsurprisingly he's exactly what I'd expect him to look like.

This is the formula for being successful on OKC.

-6+
-white
-colored eyes
-Look like someone
-And have a beard

All he needs are two tattoos and he's covered the entire OKC marketplace.

I never realized how significant these little things are for women until I joined okc. In real life you don't really notice these things.

The power of beards, tattoos, and being white. The tall thing was an obvious one but it's more important than I perceived.

valhalla

^ Article says that guy is actually 5'8" which most women would consider short compared to their ideal.

And I would doubt most women would choose a beard on their ideal guy compared to clean shaven/stubble

Quote: (02-24-2014 10:16 PM)Valhalla Wrote:  

I didn't read anything, just looked at the straight guy's pic on the article.

Unsurprisingly he's exactly what I'd expect him to look like.

This is the formula for being successful on OKC is,

-6+
-white
-colored eyes
-Look like someone
-And have a beard

All he needs are two tattoos and he's covered the entire OKC marketplace.

I never realized how significant these little things are for women until I joined okc. In real life you don't really notice these things.

The power of beards, tattoos, and being white. The tall thing was an obvious one but it's more important than I perceived.

He also lives in NYC which has more women than men, so that helps tremendously too. I recently posted a study where they put up a white guy who looked like a Norwegian model. His conversion ration was terrible. I think it's going to be bad for most guys.

If I'm him I'm putting that link right bang in the middle of my profile. No girl can say no to a pinch of fame.

Quote: (02-24-2014 10:14 PM)LeBeau Wrote:  

I haven't done any online dating, but this part is confusing, maybe Soup or someone could answer.

Doesn't this mean he's saying he's available to obese chicks and potential freaks?

Can hotter girls see this?

“You ready for the secret?” James asks me. “Not to blow your mind, but it’s disgusting …” He picks up his phone. “So, every couple days, I will do this,” he says. He opens the Tinder app, but before
I can see the first woman’s face, he swipes right: interested. If the woman he likes also swipes right, he has an official match. In short: He never swipes left (not interested).

“I will say yes to every single person,” James says. And he never follows up with someone who hasn’t already confirmed her interest. On ­OKCupid,­ he does the same thing: He gives everyone five stars (and if someone gives him four or fives stars in return, the site will notify him of a match). By doing so, he exposes himself to less risk, an appealing upside to James, who’s had two difficult breakups. He’s since had thousands of matches—so many that he’s had to refine his strategy.

No, he discards the dregs. He's casting a wide net to see who is interested. In super populous place like NYC, with a seemingly roulette (I think they might rig these algorithms) type matching mechanism like Tinder or OKC Locals, you almost need to swipe right to increase your odds of getting any kind of match (if there is no rigging). If you are a a good looking guy, your chances shoot up a lot.

For reference, this is the most attractive straight girl on OKC:

[Image: 9404871311367357084.jpeg]

[Image: 15556202938140021402.jpeg]

For reference the most attractive straight man on OKC:

[Image: 14700688820163377696.jpeg]

[Image: 15644683576015163217.jpeg]

delete

valhalla

Quote: (02-24-2014 11:12 PM)runsonmagic Wrote:  

For reference the most attractive straight man on OKC:

[Image: 14700688820163377696.jpeg]

[Image: 15644683576015163217.jpeg]

He looks a lot more like Jesse Eisenberg than RG.

I've seen a guy that actually looks like RG on OKC.

Quote: (02-24-2014 11:10 PM)runsonmagic Wrote:  

For reference, this is the most attractive straight girl on OKC:

[Image: 9404871311367357084.jpeg]

[Image: 15556202938140021402.jpeg]

She's hot.

valhalla

I'd smash the betty page in an NY minute.

What's her screen name? I'll see what I can do.

Your best bet is to wait a month or so

valhalla

Quote: (02-24-2014 11:26 PM)soup Wrote:  

I'd smash the betty page in an NY minute.

What's her screen name? I'll see what I can do.

I linked her profile above. She has something in her summary about how she's getting EVEN MORE messages due to this NY Mag article.

The odds are against you, but in the words of Han Solo: "never tell me the odds." If you smash, drop us a field report.

Haha I realized now that I already sent her a message last week.. She checked me out but never replied. I don't like her fatty tat arms. Good blow job face though.

By my definition, and just based on her face in those pics, she's a 7.5- 8 at her best.

her first pic looks like a 7, second pic is an 8 or maybe an 8.5. The guys calling her a 6 are nuts. but i like brunettes so I am biased. i'd fuck the shit out of her

The dude doesn't look that special... 5"9 and not crazy good looking like I thought he'd be. He does have a very well written profile though, and some good pics.

This is pretty interesting... I always thought online dating was for very good looking tall guys but I'm seeing more and more examples of average dudes doing well based on well written profile and good photos.

I'm average and I do well online, so def not just for good looking dudes.