rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Truth about Engagement Rings

Who else is gonna get their girl a cook book and laundry detergent instead of a ring?

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (02-19-2014 07:52 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Who else is gonna get their girl a cook book and laundry detergent instead of a ring?

I saw this the other day. Of course I already knew this(neil degrasse typson talked about this of all people - about the abundance of diamons and that factories can actually manufacture diamonds that are many times more purer than the ones dug up from the ground.), the thing is I rarely see any clever videos on why men shouldnt get married at all. . .

Guess I gotta youtube search it

Isaiah 4:1

Just another way that men are getting screwed.

I'm the King of Beijing!

ANY jewelry or diamonds a man buys should be from an 'insider'.

To walk in the store is get to completely ripped off.

Quote: (02-19-2014 11:38 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

ANY jewelry or diamonds a man buys should be from an 'insider'.

To walk in the store is get to completely ripped off.
What do you mean by an 'insider'?

I assume he means a guy who actually works in the diamond industry, preferably someone who holds sights for deBeers or maybe a step or two away from him.

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

Edward Jay Epstein wrote about this back in 1982 in a magazine article that won him the Pulitzer Prize:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arch...nd/304575/

It was later expanded into a book. Having read the book and the article - I think you are okay just sticking with the article. Since all the good stuff is covered in there.

Edward Jay Epstein is a really interesting writer. I don't believe 9/11 was an inside job - but I do believe certain lies were told about the day's events. And continue to be believed until today.

The main one is this.

The hijackers used guns and not "box cutters and plastic knives". Why would the government lie about this? To save the FAA from billions of dollars in lawsuits for not screening out the guns which would have prevented the terrorist attacks.

Epstein writes about this here:

http://www.edwardjayepstein.com/nether_fictoid9.htm

Quote: (02-20-2014 01:57 AM)cardguy Wrote:  

Edward Jay Epstein wrote about this back in 1982 in a magazine article that won him the Pulitzer Prize:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arch...nd/304575/

It was later expanded into a book. Having read the book and the article - I think you are okay just sticking with the article. Since all the good stuff is covered in there.

Things may be changing. De Beers, or their diamond trading division, now control less than 50% of the world diamond trade. May be why the Oppenheimer family recently sold their entire stake in the company (To Anglo American). Maybe Anglo will have more luck creating and enforcing cartel agreements, but it's a very dirty business for a LSE listed company to be involved in.

There are a lot of "urban myth" type stories about warehouses near the SA city of Kimberly full of diamonds de Beers can't release onto the market without crippling the industry. A lot of these would have been found on the beach in Southern Namibia, which has been a severely restricted area with no one getting in or out without de Beers knowledge and OK for more than 100 years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sperrgebiet). Workers and others are x-rayed to make sure no diamonds are removed. Apparently the diamonds were formed in the Orange river a very long time ago and washed out to sea and drifted North on the Benguala current, being deposited on the ocean bed and on the beach..

Even if men are idiotic enough to buy their fiances a diamond ring - there is still a way for them to make things easier for themselves.

Buy her a fake diamond. Fake diamonds are identical to real diamonds in every way. Except for a couple of scientific tests which can distinguish a real one from a fake one. But as far as the human eye is concerned - they cannot be told apart.

The only way your woman would catch you out would be if she paid to have it tested. Which is both unlikely - and also raises issues far more important than whether or not the diamond is fake.

Ha Buy her a CZ off amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Sterling-Silver-Th...000NGMOIM/

[Image: 71oxVY7NMlL._SX500_.jpg]

I am the cock carousel

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rohin-dhar...08562.html

Diamonds are indeed Bullshit

My wife and I do very well financially and she doesn't have a diamond engagement ring...she has a band...I refused to be a fool and victim of a global ad campaign and monopoly.

I've changed my mind. Nothing is more appropriate for a wedding engagement than a diamond ring.

Diamonds are worthless objects that only have value because a cartel restricts their supply into the marketplace.

Well - the same is true of pussy.

The true value of pussy in the marketplace is about $200 (you can get a decent hooker for that amount). But a cartel (women slutshaming each other - and voting to make prostitution illegal) limits the supply into the marketplace.

As such - beta males end up spending more on the flowers for their wedding than they could on a hooker who is much hotter than their future wife.

Associating marriage with a worthless object which only gains value by the limited supply into the marketplace is pretty apt.

Those marketing geniuses back in the thirties were working on two levels man!

[Image: 5930d53077224509180a57bc6b13c87c69c91fb4...3352c0.jpg]

I did not get my wife an engagement ring or a wedding ring. A family member ended up buying us rings and she ended up just having a jeweler making her own "engagement" ring (after we were married) -- on her own dime.

+1 for not getting a wedding ring.

-100000000000000000000000 for getting married.

Just kidding, placer! :-)

What about a gold, or platinum ring? Is that beta?

But seriously, that has a decent resale value too...

Forget about the whole "don't get married" principle for a second.

You don't get there till you get there

How about a gold plated ring with a CZ. Let her know and tell her that you'll get her something real in fifteen to thirty plus years if she is a good wife. If you're going to get married despite all evidence to the contrary, of course. Use the money you saved on a prenuptial agreement.

Quote: (02-27-2014 06:46 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

Doesn't matter. Don't get married.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I am not sure why anyone would get married.

You do know how women think don't you?

As soon as you get down on one knee - you become a beta provider in her eyes.

It is like a poker game - and she just bluffed you into revealing your hand.

The bitches ain't even hiding that this is how they feel about marrried men.

The truth about engagement rings is that it is just another shit test. You do the same back by proposing without one if you plan to get married, then you'll be able to see if you've made the right choice if she flips out more about NOT having a ring or more about having he honor of being chosen by you.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (02-27-2014 06:46 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

Have you ever tried re-selling a ring? Any kind - gold, platinum, etc? If you try, you'll be in for a surprise.

Guys, I was kidding. I have no plan to get married in the near future. Fuck, I don't even have a girlfriend. I will get married in the future perhaps, but it won't be in America, and it won't be to an American.

You don't get there till you get there

Quote: (02-27-2014 08:33 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

Guys, I was kidding. I have no plan to get married in the near future. Fuck, I don't even have a girlfriend. I will get married in the future perhaps, but it won't be in America, and it won't be to an American.

Well, you can beat the s--- test by buying all three wives matching wedding rings.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (02-27-2014 06:26 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

-100000000000000000000000 for getting married.

True, and I don't blame guys for taking advantage of the moral breakdown of society by learning game to be one of the 10% of the guys who get 90% of the pussy worth having out there, but I prefer to make a stand for traditional marriage by my actions. Then again, maybe I'm just being beta.

[Image: agree.gif]

I am not fully against marriage and diamond rings as long she gets on her nees for the blowjob and proposal and as long as I get the diamond ring though it´s kind of unnecessary but when it makes her happy I will accept it. I am nice guy.