rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Breda, The Netherlands - data sheet

I've also posted this in another thread about The Netherlands, but I figured that this might be worth a separate thread. This is my first datasheet so feedback is welcome. Let me know if you want me to add more information on certain subjects!

Some background information:
I myself am a Dutch student, 25 years old, Caucasian, average build, average length.
I have studied in Utrecht, Hilversum and currently I'm studying in Breda. Of course I have experienced the night-life and student nights in all 3 of these cities. On top of that I also have experienced the night-life and student-nights in Amterdam, Arnhem, Nijmegen, Eindhoven, Den Bosch, Groningen, The Hague and Rotterdam. I've tried gaming in all of these cities and I've been successful in Utrecht, Eindhoven, Den Bosch, Groningen, Nijmegen and Breda. But where I have been most succesful by far is Breda.

Why Breda?
What makes Breda great is the fact that it isn't just a student-city, it's an international student-city. There are so many international universities here that attract women from all over Europe. The great thing is that these women most likely live on their own or in a student apartment in Breda, which means that if you yourself don't have a place to stay in Breda, you can always try to crash at the girl's place and bang her there.

What kind of girls do you find in Breda?
The variety of girls in Breda is truly great and the girls here are truly diverse. Mostly students, ranging from girl in their late-teens to girls in their mid-twenties, who go out and get drunk on a regular basis. Night-game is actually awesome here, and I've noticed a great increase in my night-game success ever since I moved to Breda to study there. Not only do I notice better results with my approaches, I've often been approached myself by Dutch girls during night-game.

Night-game in Breda:
The best day for night-game in Breda is Thursday-night. Thursday-night is students-night, alcohol will be hella cheap and there will be a ton of student girls being hella drunk. Yes, there will also be a ton more student boys, but if you are confident with your game, those boys should not be an issue, especially not if you're somewhere in your mid-twenties or older. Student girls are exposed to student boys all the time, and it's a well-known fact that many student girls think student boys are childish (and rightfully so). If you're not a student, or an older student, you will have good changes with these girls. If you're a foreigner or foreign student your changes with the Dutch women will go up even higher. Dutch girls will think you're exotic. Foreign girls be more into the local people. As a Dutch person myself I've noticed that I had most success with the foreign students. Especially students who hail from East-Europe are especially easy to score for me as a Dutch person (but then again, it's a well-known fact on this forum that East-European girls are awesome, regardless of where you are).

Where to go in Breda for night-game?
On Thursday night you can really go to any bar or club in the center of Breda, literally almost every place will be crowded with students, including hot female students. On other nights I'd say my favorite place is Studio Dependance. The atmosphere there is really good, most girls that come there are rather attractive and on some nights they have rather good live music. Approaching girls was never really difficult for me there, and I've actually been approached my girls myself several times there.

More info will come soon, but feel free to ask questions about The Netherlands or Breda in specific! I'll happily answer questions for any gamers who wish to pay The Netherlands a visit!

Not asking for myself (really) since my student days are behind me, but I know someone who is looking for an international university for a year abroad type program. Belgium has been mentioned as good in his field, but The Netherlands is also highly regarded. Which town in The Netherlands would you say is the "best" for an international student. Also, how do international students who don't speak Dutch cope at a Dutch university?

Nice!
Was hoping someone would drop a datasheet. There aren't alot of topics discussing The Netherlands, apart from Amsterdam maybe.
I live in Haarlem myself which is a decent city, problem is that Night-Game is non-existent.

I'm curious to know what you think about Dutch women in general.
Foreigners seem to like them which i think is odd. Ever since i've been to Ukraine(EUro 2012) i just cant wait to get out of here again. Their focus on career is starting to piss me off, not to mention their somewhat manly clothing style/attitude. Plus i havent seen a pair of high heels since i returned [Image: wink.gif]
On the other hand i was reading an article on RoK about The Netherlands and all the comments were very positive, so maybe it has something to do with Haarlem.

Also agree with the exotic factor, i've seen alot of spanish and italian guys killing it here.

@Bad Hussar

I think i know who youre talking about and i've already discussed this with him.If Leiden and Utrecht are he's only options i would pick Utrecht because its the better option when it comes to game/lifestyle in my opinion.

My cousin is half Arab and half Dutch, he kills it in Nijmegen. Maybe I should hit him up for a data sheet?

Thanks for the info
Never really new a lot about Breda.
I thought Groningen, Utrecht and Leiden are the big party towns.

An aussie girl I know well stated that Dutch men barely approach.

What do you guys think?

I think international scene is good in those student cities. Also the local -mostly EDM- festivals with a lot of mdma usage are really good places, and there is much depth in the partyscene (parties in forests, lakes,dunes etc) partyflock.nl is a good start to find some, but look for german techno/minimal/house DJs and festivals!

The scenes of the parties differ widely, some places suck so much. Student parties are cool too

I was dating a Dutch girl a few years back.

I'll never forget waiting at the platform for the train to arrive in Gouda.

I was sat on a bench, and all of a sudden a strange realisation dawned on me. Every girl on the platform was a 7+.

Compare this to your average English train station where the women are horrendous. It was a real eye-opener.

I'm a big fan of Dutch girls. The one I was with was filth (and paid for my drinks .... result).

Quote: (02-17-2014 06:16 PM)mastauser Wrote:  

An aussie girl I know well stated that Dutch men barely approach.

What do you guys think?

I think international scene is good in those student cities. Also the local -mostly EDM- festivals with a lot of mdma usage are really good places, and there is much depth in the partyscene (parties in forests, lakes,dunes etc) partyflock.nl is a good start to find some, but look for german techno/minimal/house DJs and festivals!

The scenes of the parties differ widely, some places suck so much. Student parties are cool too

This is very true.
For fun you can google "dutch men"(and try in spanish/russian etc) and you will find a shitload of blogs that complain about this. Some women even say they never felt so unattractive. It's the same in my own social circle. My friends go out to get drunk as fuck and dont even try to approach.

This is something i notice alot when im daygaming, girls seem to be suprised and dont really know how to react. I still need to work on building comfort.

Time so answer some questions.

@Bad Hussar: "Which town in The Netherlands would you say is the "best" for an international student? Also, how do international students who don't speak Dutch cope at a Dutch university?"

There is no best town or city, but I'm really enthusiastic about Breda. There are a lot of international universities here that attract people from all over the globe. I think Nijmegen is pretty good as well. Amsterdam is an obvious choice, but I'm personally not a big fan of Amsterdam myself.
International students do pretty well here. As I mentioned, we have a lot of international universities here, all the lectures at these universities are given in English. As long as you speak English fairly well, you'll do fine here in The Netherlands.

@Vato Maranzano: "I'm curious to know what you think about Dutch women in general."

I have mixed feelings about Dutch women. I'm currently dating an American woman, which is surprisingly different from dating a Dutch woman (you'd think the average Dutch girl would be the same as the average American girl, but that's not the case). Most Dutch women I usually meet and hang out with, are rude, straight-forward and to the point. I personally like that, but not everyone does. For a foreigner who hails from a country where people are more indirect and more polite, this can be quite a shock and/or a turn-off.
I find Dutch women in the south of The Netherlands usually more fun to hang out with an they're also easier to game in my opinion. Most city-girls from Holland (girls from Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, etc.) are loathsome bitches in my opinion. But maybe I just have bad luck with the girls from those cities.

@mastauser: "An aussie girl I know well stated that Dutch men barely approach. What do you guys think?"

It depends on the age. Obviously most men are hopeless Betas, The Netherlands is no exception to that. While the average Beta guy in The Netherlands is not necessarily a typical loser (some of them are quite cool dudes), they do indeed lack the drive or motivation to approach women. However, I think Dutch guys from my age (mid-twenties) approach women more often.
If I look at my Dutch acquaintances, I can say that approaching women is not so much an issue for the average 25 years-old Dutch guy, it's keeping the girl's interest that most (Dutch) guys fail at.

Edit: I must add though, that Dutch people usually hang out in groups, as someone else already mentioned here somewhere. There is a strong group mentality among the Dutch people, both during the day and during the night. It might therefor be difficult to approach women, and I think this is also the reason why most Dutch men don't even try it. In my experience, approaching women that are part of a group is much easier if you have a wingman with you. Just approach the group together, break the ice, then try to take the girl you like apart and try to lead her away from her group. It's not easy, but with a little practice it will actually work.

Quote: (02-17-2014 06:35 PM)Scuba_Instructor Wrote:  

I was dating a Dutch girl a few years back.

I'll never forget waiting at the platform for the train to arrive in Gouda.

I was sat on a bench, and all of a sudden a strange realisation dawned on me. Every girl on the platform was a 7+.

Compare this to your average English train station where the women are horrendous. It was a real eye-opener.

I recently spent 8 hours in Groningen roaming the streets on a weekday and had similar thoughts.

It really didn't matter where I went...there were attractive girls everywhere...simply go to coffee bar, chances are that you'll be served by a hot waitress..and if she isn't hot, you can almost count on her colleague being hot, or the girl sitting at the table next to you. Bounce to the next coffee bar across the street and there will be more attractive girls to chose from,...or the girl at the cashier in the supermarket, the girl standing in line in front of you and so on. What a difference compared to Germany.[Image: angry.gif]

Quote: (02-17-2014 07:54 PM)Mr. Calicoat Wrote:  

Time so answer some questions.

@Bad Hussar: "Which town in The Netherlands would you say is the "best" for an international student? Also, how do international students who don't speak Dutch cope at a Dutch university?"

There is no best town or city, but I'm really enthusiastic about Breda. There are a lot of international universities here that attract people from all over the globe. I think Nijmegen is pretty good as well. Amsterdam is an obvious choice, but I'm personally not a big fan of Amsterdam myself.
International students do pretty well here. As I mentioned, we have a lot of international universities here, all the lectures at these universities are given in English. As long as you speak English fairly well, you'll do fine here in The Netherlands.

@Vato Maranzano: "I'm curious to know what you think about Dutch women in general."

I have mixed feelings about Dutch women. I'm currently dating an American woman, which is surprisingly different from dating a Dutch woman (you'd think the average Dutch girl would be the same as the average American girl, but that's not the case). Most Dutch women I usually meet and hang out with, are rude, straight-forward and to the point. I personally like that, but not everyone does. For a foreigner who hails from a country where people are more indirect and more polite, this can be quite a shock and/or a turn-off.
I find Dutch women in the south of The Netherlands usually more fun to hang out with an they're also easier to game in my opinion. Most city-girls from Holland (girls from Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, etc.) are loathsome bitches in my opinion. But maybe I just have bad luck with the girls from those cities.

@mastauser: "An aussie girl I know well stated that Dutch men barely approach. What do you guys think?"

It depends on the age. Obviously most men are hopeless Betas, The Netherlands is no exception to that. While the average Beta guy in The Netherlands is not necessarily a typical loser (some of them are quite cool dudes), they do indeed lack the drive or motivation to approach women. However, I think Dutch guys from my age (mid-twenties) approach women more often.
If I look at my Dutch acquaintances, I can say that approaching women is not so much an issue for the average 25 years-old Dutch guy, it's keeping the girl's interest that most (Dutch) guys fail at.

Edit: I must add though, that Dutch people usually hang out in groups, as someone else already mentioned here somewhere. There is a strong group mentality among the Dutch people, both during the day and during the night. It might therefor be difficult to approach women, and I think this is also the reason why most Dutch men don't even try it. In my experience, approaching women that are part of a group is much easier if you have a wingman with you. Just approach the group together, break the ice, then try to take the girl you like apart and try to lead her away from her group. It's not easy, but with a little practice it will actually work.

Not trying to break your balls here, but unless things have rapidly changed since I left Holland 2 years ago, Amsterdam, Utrecht and Leiden have a way bigger (international) students scene going on than Breda or Nijmegen. I've been around all students cities in Holland and would definitely recommend those places more, they just provide a lot more options and you can still easily make trips to smaller cities from there.

Also, in my experience there isn't much of a group culture in Holland at all, compared to say southern or eastern Europe. Dutch people tend to mingle way more than in for example Italy where girls will always stick to the same group theyve known for years in either nightlife or uni.

I'd say any type of guy could kill it in Holland, although Asian men might have some disadvantage considering the somewhat manly attitude of Dutch women. Daygame is gold, hot girls get approached a lot in clubs or bars, but rarely during daytime.

breda is a small boring town in the netherlands….. for student atmosphere and more go to leuven in belgium, its much nicer, closer to big city of brussels and far more international than breda

the dutch are too stand offish with foreigners, belgians are more inclusive