rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Microsoft Word/Office from torrent sites...

Anyone know of any good ones where I can get Microsoft Office, or even just word will do to be honest. Excel could come in handy though. I know the sites themselves, but does anyone either have a pirated one on their machines or know a good direct link.

Got a new laptop yesterday, the laptop is great but Windows 8 is shite.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Probably not a good idea to discuss pirating copyrighted material on the site. It gives haters something to report and the powers that be an excuses to roll back on bandwidth.

Good point. Anyone with advice...PM me!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Not meaning to stir shit up, but MS Office costs about $100. Google Docs is free. If you don't like Google having your docs, Open Office is free and can read MS formats. Are you that hard up?

Yeah Open Office is an option.

I'm not hard up, I just think it's rather extortionate that you can't share one copy with other members of your household, without all signing up for 'the cloud' etc.

Why pay for lousy crap from Microsoft?

Is there any open source software available?

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

[Image: abacus.jpg]

Could use this for excel substitute[Image: biggrin.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Think I'm going to go with LibreOffice or Open Office. Anyone know which is best, I'm only really interested in the word processor....

If you get Office 365 you can install it on 5 pc's. So just share the cost with some friends/family. Maybe some people on here will want a copy and you can share it that way.

I recommend apacheoffice. I have used it, and it has all of the functionality of the MS products.

Sorted now fellas. Got LibreOffice, works just fine.

Cheers for your input.

Software on torrent sites should have enough spyware to cause trouble and backdoors wide enough to allow black helicopters to fly through...

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Quote: (02-07-2014 01:25 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

Think I'm going to go with LibreOffice or Open Office. Anyone know which is best, I'm only really interested in the word processor....

Why not just use Google Docs? Those open source office suites are still very much in a 'beta' stage. [Image: biggrin.gif]

If you do a lot of work with MS Office users, use Microsoft's equivalent, also for free: https://skydrive.live.com/

You can buy it for US $6 on ebay. I guess someone buys old, trashed computers, strips them, and sells the license codes.

'baller

Too much drama for a hit it and quit it brutha such as myself
Gotts Money - Law & Order SVU: Wildlife

I use Google Docs (as mentioned above). The Excel and Word copycats are 99% identical to Microsoft Office but without the license fees. I don't have any sensitive data there otherwise I would go with Open Office.

LibreOffice if you need advanced features
Google Docs if you need basics.

But you can either buy older version of MS office for few euros or if you really need newest version then go and buy it ffs, it costs nothing compared to productivity and return from it.

Quote: (05-29-2017 11:19 AM)lowbudgetballer Wrote:  

You can buy it for US $6 on ebay. I guess someone buys old, trashed computers, strips them, and sells the license codes.

'baller
They are selling MSDN license keys. You can buy licenses for basically any MS product for a few bucks.