rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

quick wordpress/website question

Setting up two new websites for a corporation I work for. They will be internal access only, which means they don't need to be super pretty. They just need to get the job done. I'm looking for the easiest way to get these done with wordpress or any other free alternative.

Website 1: Essentially an exchange site. Users post stuff they have surplus of, and can browse what others have.

intent: help eliminate waste corporation wide

Website 2: Document storage site. Something simple that allows me to upload all sorts of important documents and training manuals, users can access and download them (easier than trying to send huge emails to everyone). I would like to have a section for important announcements as well.

intent: streamline branch level training

websites may be combined in the future, for now I need something simple to test

any ideas?

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Quote: (02-05-2014 07:08 PM)AntiTrace Wrote:  

Setting up two new websites for a corporation I work for. They will be internal access only, which means they don't need to be super pretty. They just need to get the job done. I'm looking for the easiest way to get these done with wordpress or any other free alternative.

Website 1: Essentially an exchange site. Users post stuff they have surplus of, and can browse what others have.

intent: help eliminate waste corporation wide

Website 2: Document storage site. Something simple that allows me to upload all sorts of important documents and training manuals, users can access and download them (easier than trying to send huge emails to everyone). I would like to have a section for important announcements as well.

intent: streamline branch level training

websites may be combined in the future, for now I need something simple to test

any ideas?

For website 2, you can use dropbox for business (or any other dropbox competitor). They exist exactly for your problem.

For website 1, have a look at zoho creator. https://www.zoho.com/creator/

*Not affiliated with any of those companies.

Have you thought about using SharePoint? The free foundation version might have the functionality that you need:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/sharep...78184.aspx

Your Infosec/Data Protection guys might be against using cloud services such as dropbox.