rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Considering moving out of DC

I've been living in DC for the past 3 and a half years for grad school. In this time I've seen a rapid decline in the nightlife in this city. I remember my first year here it was not unusual to go to bars or clubs and see a good ratio of attractive women to men. Unfortunately things have changed drastically. Now it seems like everywhere I go its a sausagefest. Even the few girls that are out..alot of them are unattractive. A few of the attractive girls I have smashed have also told me they thought the women here were mostly ugly. This creates a problem for single men. The pool of attractive women is a lot smaller here then it is in LA/NYC or Miami.

I spent a week in LA a few weeks back and I was amazed! The women were gorgeous. The clubs I went to were packed with women! I was in heaven. It was also more diverse. I saw more latinas and Filipinos. I love those exotic looks. In DC its basically just black and white. The only Asians around here are mostly Chinese and they typically don't mess with black guys and don't have bodies like Filipino girls do. I also saw a lot more interracial couples in LA. DC is very segregated. I rarely see interracial couples here. Love black girls and all but I like to date other races too.

There's a map that claims that there is a higher proportion of single women to men in the DC area. But it doesn't take into account that a lot of women don't really take care of themselves like they do out west. Most of the girls that move out here don't come to pursue modeling careers. Its also cold half of the year. Not as much pressure to stay in shape. Also I find that many women here live out in the suburbs of MD and VA and don't take the long trip back into the city.

For those of you who live in DC and think I'm crazy. PLEASE...tell me where I should go. It could be that I'm going to the wrong spots. Where can I find a good ratio of attractive women in this city??? I feel like i've been everywhere and its the same. I'll be graduating in May with a degree in a health field and can move anywhere in the country. But I'd prefer to stay out here because most of my friends of family are on the east coast. At the same time I'm not gonna waste the rest of my twenties in DC.

Damn, I never really hear anything good about DC.

Im in VA and prefer VA. DC is cool to visit occasionaly but when I decided to buy some property I came to VA. You are correct about DC bieng segregated in many respects. Half of the city is black (SE / much of NE) so you can go kick it there if you are looking for that, but I imagine bieng from another city would make that a little difficult. Its clique set up kind of. The white folk in DC tend to be very beta, politically Correct and overly educated about nothing much. The Asians are Korean or Chinese and usually do not date outside their culture much at all, no matter if you are white or black.

Where I live in VA has a sizable latin community which I enjoy dating in. The Asian population near me tends to be as much Vietnamese as Korean but again, they aren't really dating outside their culture (a few) The more Americanized 2nd or 3rd generation do for sure but not the new arrivals. The bad part about this is, once a cute Asian chick is raised here and hangs out with other American chicks too long, she becomes just like every other wanna be Princess in Northern VA driving her dad's BMW and talking about handbags and other meaningless shit. She has affectively lost her cute feminine charm that so many men like in an Asian chick.

I say just expand your network. What kind of places do you go? Try switching up your venues to include off the beaten path stuff. I find some of my best hunting grounds places where I wouldn't normally go and in off hours. I am pretty much over going to crowded clubs and lounges now...I will go occasionally if a friend is in town or for a private party, but more often than not its always a bore and packed with young bucks with too much cologne and a chip on their shoulder and the girls all acting like 10's waiting to get drinks bought for them.

I must say though, DC area does have some very good looking women. I am outside the city like 20 minutes but where I am has tons of Latin, black, middle Eastern, Asian and white variations to choose from.

Rakishness, you're preaching to the congregation about DC. DC sucks compared to the places you named. However, you can find a little talent in Ft Washington, MD (Filipinas) and Northern VA (white, latina, asian). Baltimore can also be a sleeper, but nothing compared to places in CA, NYC, or Florida. If you're into Black American women, Howard University is a good look.

If you want more numbers and diversity, GTFO of DC. As you very astutely pointed out, why waste your twenties in DC? As you also said, the numbers don't add up in DC. IMO, the weather sucks. If I'm gonna be in cold, I'd rather be somewhere like NYC where you are gonna be surrounded by women from everywhere 24-7. In Florida, the women are beautiful and you have the good weather. I love the West Coast as well.

Quote: (12-22-2010 12:20 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Damn, I never really hear anything good about DC.

Me either....

DC was pretty solid several years ago. i used to hit DC 2x-3x a year and seemed to be amazed because the ratio's were in my favor and women would give me an invitation to approach.

I went down there with a buddy this past summer for 3-4 days and hopped from dupont, adams morgan, and u street. we hit the happy hour spots on a thurs/friday. nothing. whatever talent i remember in DC, has left. hate to validate your observations, but i'd bounce.

you should consider NYC. easy to hop on the acela and be in DC in 3 hours. but, the COL sucks. forget saving money and get used to living in a shoe closet.

id get out of DC.

Quote: (12-22-2010 01:05 PM)Rocco81 Wrote:  

I say just expand your network. What kind of places do you go? Try switching up your venues to include off the beaten path stuff.

Bars:
I usually go south of Dupont. I used to go to Lucky Bar, Public Bar, rumors, Madhatters, Frontpage. That part of the city used to be LIVE back in 07. Its horrible now.
Sometimes I go to Adams Morgan. They opened up a new place there earlier this year called District. From about March to June it was good.
I've tried U st a few times as well.

Clubs:
I used to go to 14th and Park. When that club first opened in 08 it was great. It used to be diverse and had great quality in there. They'd never let too many guys in. That place went to sh!t summer of 09.

Lima Lounge
Muse
I rarely go to clubs these days. Not a big fan of that K st area after park fell off.

As far as the good looking girls you see...I live Silver Spring, MD. Probably the most unattractive town I've ever lived in. I believe you about virginia tho. The most attractive girls I've seen in this area live towards the arlington NOVA side(Bethesda too). But I feel like a lot of them don't come out during the weekends for some reason.

I live in the area, and actually like DC. Girls are not stunners, but they tend to be ambitious and care about making an impact in the world, which is refreshing.

I prefer Dupont South, it tends to get a nice mix of professionals, girls in colleges, grad students. Not so huge on U St. (which I think is massively overrated, venues are too small and too packed), and Adams Morgan (which can be douche central). I've been to Arlington a few times, and there are cute girls there, and the venues are pretty decent, especially around Clarendon.

DC is ambition capital of the united states...you will not see women overly sexed up because of their careers...in DC they ask you what you studied becuz they assumed you went to college..everybody has a degree...but I see a ton of sexy women.. unfortunately they are all wearing pant suits...

You might actually wanna try out the "burbs" more. DC and its suburbs are a stark contrast. DC itself is almost all white/black with a very northeast feel. The burbs have a ton of different races, lots of Asians, Hispanics, Middle Easterners, Indians, Ethiopians, etc. Parts of NOVA feel a lot like SoCal lite. DC itself has almost no immigrant presence whatsoever, even Chinatown is devoid of Chinese people-- no Little Italy, Polish/Irish neighborhood, etc.

Finally for more attractive women, i'd try the bar scenes in Arlington/Alexandria. Also try to game College Park (UMD) But to tell the truth, you will likely be better off with SoCal or Texas girls. Or the overstimulation of NYC.

This is what I have to deal with on a weekly basis in DC
Photo was taking last Friday at a major club in the city.
[Image: 165344_487476041380_44908071380_6043143_3618662_n.jpg]

Its rough out here.
Its like what am I paying money for? So I can talk to dudes? SMH

jesus thats like a 4 to 1 ratio of men to women! fuck that.

id drive to another city for nightlife is i was you

That's Ultrabar. A drunk girl attacked me with an empty beer bottle after I threw out her drink that she "accidentally" spilled on me.

I gave up on club game back in '09. Been stackin' my $$$ for a South American trip.

Daygame is the only option. Don't fall into the capitalist club trap. It's completely set up to remove men from their cash and their dignity.

America is full of men willing to pay $1k for a happy meal. Do Brasil!

Check out my books available at Amazon.com:

Rio de Janeiro for Beginners | Best Countries for Black Men

Quote: (12-26-2010 09:22 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Yup. Might have to take the Acela train to NYC. Takes about 3 hrs.

When I went to ultra it was even worse than that.
If I was living in DC I would prefer to play russian roulette on weekends instead of going out.

Do not sleep on the burbs. For instance, in Northern VA, you have the big 4 consulting firms right in Tysons that employee thousands of hot women from all over the world. Hit happy hours there or other little spots in Northern VA. In DC you have clubs and lobbyists. VA you have Consultants from various mover and skaker companies (too many to name) , you have HUGE coroprate offices (thousands of employees per office) for VW, Nextel, AOL, Rolls Royce, IBM, and guess where these girls live? A few miles from where they work. I have met dozens of women from all over the US (which makes them generally cooler than DC locals) not to mention some international talent as well. They all move here for the big corporate job and they aren't going to pay double rent and drive from DC every day when they can live , work , party right in VA.

Quote: (12-26-2010 10:06 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

I see more talent in NYC in a weekend than I see in DC area in 4 months or more. Models, actresses, dancers, etc. all come to NYC to study, shop, party, etc. There is an influx of exotic and internash flavor that is constant.

NYC has a large Colombian population and the biggest Dominican population outside of the DR. A real China town, which is dif from K-town (Korean), etc., etc.

You can't really compare places like Miami and NYC to the DMV as far as babes, but DMV is better than places like Fort Wayne, Indiana. Whatever you decide, don't waste your life and have regrets later.

Yeah it's pretty bad. Summer time is tolerable though... the girls who do come out want to fuck at least. Winter time makes me want to slit my wrists.

Yeah this particularly frigid winter, is not helping matters out either Roosh. Its been so damn cold and windy that most times I stay in or just head down to the local hole in the wall filled with old dudes, to atleast watch some football and drink away my winter blues.

Quote: (12-26-2010 10:28 PM)Rocco81 Wrote:  

Do not sleep on the burbs. For instance, in Northern VA, you have the big 4 consulting firms right in Tysons that employee thousands of hot women from all over the world. Hit happy hours there or other little spots in Northern VA. In DC you have clubs and lobbyists. VA you have Consultants from various mover and skaker companies (too many to name) , you have HUGE coroprate offices (thousands of employees per office) for VW, Nextel, AOL, Rolls Royce, IBM, and guess where these girls live? A few miles from where they work. I have met dozens of women from all over the US (which makes them generally cooler than DC locals) not to mention some international talent as well. They all move here for the big corporate job and they aren't going to pay double rent and drive from DC every day when they can live , work , party right in VA.

Hmm. That makes sense. I actually dated a girl who worked in tysons a few years back. She did tell me it was a hassle getting out to DC on weekends. She lived in herndon tho. The question is where do these girls go out on the weekends.

LOL! @ the pic above.

I would say the ratio of dudes to chicks is more like 10 to 1 in that pic, not 4 to 1.

DC is a craphole. Enough said.

By my count:

40 dudes
5 girls

8:1 ratio

[Image: lol.gif]

[Image: attachment.jpg434]   

Rakish - You are out in MD, so its a hike, but Herndon is like 15 minutes down the Toll road from Tysons. There is allot of Talent in Reston too, just one stop from Herndon. Hell the Reston Town center is like a mini city and has like 10 bars / resteraunts within walking distance of each other. I used to go there, but I must admit its full of total Yuppies and Douch bags...tons of cougars who think its hollywood but you do get some good looing young professional women there (and all the wait staff and bar tenders are Ho's) I have bagged more than a couple sluts from there in my time.

Dulles Int'l Airport is out just past Herndon and I used to meet lots of Stewardesses out that way, in addition to women in town for business. Hotel bars are golden. I would pick a spot near a regular bar, chill with the guys then hit the local hotel bars and strike up a convo. The best gold mine I hit was in a shit hole bar where I met a stewardess and I was then introduced to her whole house aka. Crash pad out near Dulles. It was a revolving door of booty in that place. IMO stewardesses and worldly or more traveled women, like little places off the beaten path. Think about it..this girl has been to the largest cities most likely, she has been throught the all the glitz and glam and when off for a few hours she might just want to unwind and drink cheap beer in a place with a juke box instead of a crowded club with a dozen dudes that look like jersey shore cast members.

But really the good thing about Northern VA is that there is always some sort of festival or cultural event. These are good opportunities to meet girls in non night club settings.

I learned a LOOONG time ago that the "hottest" clubs you hear on the radio and the ones you hear all the sluts talk about are never the one's you want to go to. When a club is the biggest thing out, you can expect lines, assholes, chicks getting approached by 100+ men before you even see her, more crowds, more men, and $9 domstic beers...all for what? Getting seen standing in a crowd where its too loud to actually open a girl? Im over it...hit outdoor events, private parties, random small bars, hotel bars and you will be surprised.

Quote: (12-26-2010 10:06 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

if you're looking to swoop nyc and looking for a wing, hit me up. i'll be operational by mid feb.