rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"I look down on young women with a husband and kids"

Quote:Quote:

Do people really think that a stay at home mom is really on equal footing with a woman who works

[Image: catlady.gif]

We have baby showers and wedding parties as if it’s a huge accomplishment and cause for celebration to be able to get knocked up or find someone to walk down the aisle with. These aren’t accomplishments.

[Image: you-mad-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2453.gif]

I want to have a shower for a woman when she backpacks on her own through Asia, gets a promotion, or lands a dream job not when she stays inside the box and does the house and kids thing which is the path of least resistance.

[Image: lolwtf.gif]

Women will be equal with men when we stop demanding that it be considered equally important to do housework and real work. They are not equal. Doing laundry will never be as important as being a doctor or an engineer or building a business.

source

The idea of a woman being happy with a husband and kids and the fact that lifestyle could be an ideal lifestyle for women is problematic for other women who are too old/used to have a chance finding a husband and having kids. Or are too fat/homely to find a suitable partner so their cognitive dissonance kicks in and they must ramp up their beliefs about happiness via career and go so far as to attack women who decide to go another way by having kids and a husband.

The maternal instinct and the drive to procreate before a womans eggs are used up is a powerful biological force. This author, as feminism often does, is trying to omit biology and assume men and women are opperating on a level playing field with ideals about work, marriage and having kids.

To illustrate the biological difference futher with respect to having children consider results from a study of 5000 people of all ages in Britain by Open University measuring happiness and children. The study found:

Yet, when asked to rate how happy they were with their lives in general there was a gender divide. Mothers were happier overall than any other group, while childless women were the least happy. By contrast men with children emerged slightly less happy than those without.
These results are important because very little studies have actually looked into happiness and children but the results are daming for women who believe career is something they should put over having a family no less ridicule other women for making that natural lifestyle decision.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

How the fuck do you come across this trash?

Obvious trolling. She is trying to get her 15 minutes of Internet game. Too bad when the time comes for this girl to grow up and get a real job, she will be forever be one Google search away from having this pinned to her name. I'm guessing that female HR people and potential bosses who have females are not going to look kindly on being consescended by some twenty-something know nothing.

Women will be equal with men when we stop demanding that it be considered equally important to do housework and real work. They are not equal. Doing laundry will never be as important as being a doctor or an engineer or building a business.

True, but then being an HR consultant or Coordinator for a "social justice" organisation will never be as important either.

At least in NY, this attitude is endemic among careerist women.

They really do want to think that their 50k a year job should be lauded over having a family.

The attitude really gets turned on if someone has more than 2 kids. Hell, even 2 kids can be viewed as "excessive" by a certain cat-lady subset.

Quote: (01-30-2014 03:27 AM)commiejoe Wrote:  

How the fuck do you come across this trash?

I saw it shared on Facebook and the female comment sections were HILARIOUS.

Most were vague, weak criticisms or tepid support that clearly indicated non-support. There was little support outside a small minority of clearly-addled women.

One woman posted it with a vitriol comment (highly paraphrased): "Women who are too weak to be a real woman get married young. Real women pursue their passions, travel the world and have a REAL career. They don't waste their time being a doting supporting actor to a husband and some ungrateful kids."

The comment section blew up and, predictably, married women with kids said she was simply jealous of other women's husbands and kids. One woman said she must be happier than her because all the OP did was status-update about how much she hated her job.

I left a fairly tame, blue-pill comment on the article. I took a stridently aggressive tone in the past on women's blogs to see what would happen. Now, I want to see how much I can lead women to more red-pill mindsets.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Saw article title, got ready to get riled up. Then read some of the most upvoted/"best" comments:

Vortex Genie
• 6 days ago

I got a PhD in Biochemistry and worked in science for decades. I also took a brief "break" to take care of my children when they were young. Raising children is infinitely harder than biochemistry. Stop trying to justify your inability to succeed in the social arena by criticizing something you have no experience with. I will not share this on social media because you don't deserve the attention you work so hard to get.

• 14 days ago

I was offended by this for a few minutes, then I took a second to peruse some of the other stuff you've written, and realized... you're just a shitty person. Eh, I guess the worlds needs people like you, to you know, bring the internet together so we can all be grateful we're not, well, someone like you.

Karen
• 5 days ago

Actually, equality will truly be attained when women stop doing this kind of bullshit to each other.

Ozma
• 14 days ago

Who are you to say what an achievement is? There are some who think publishing high-horsed writings on the Internet could be done by any and everyone, too.

There's getting pregnant, and then there is raising a child to be a great adult.

There is getting married to get divorced, and there is getting married to your life long partner and fighting through the ups and downs of life.

Both of the latter being achievements in my mind.

perspective is key here.

Professor Jesus Ozma
• 2 days ago

Marriage and children are for the very poor and the very rich, but not so much the middle class. I think they impoverish many young people that could otherwise escape a life of poverty and government assistance. What I love, are the tears this author cries. This braggart wind-bag broad thinks that travelling and getting a job promotion aren't average?

Guess what white meat? It's all average. If you are wealthy and successful great, but you are just emotional because a mother somewhere talked some trash to you. Now, big bad you is going to come on the internet and trash mothers. Somewhere deep inside, you must accept your company will be dildos and cats when your face is wrinkly.

Kelley
• 14 days ago

This is horribly rude and offensive. How dare you say that women who are mother's cannot be exceptional. Would you tell your mother that? This is a problem when women degrade other women. Men do that enough, there is no need for women to do the same

Jess
• 7 days ago

I really get where you are coming from... I used to think "aw I don't want to be just a mom and wife... I want a real life" - and I used to think that I couldn't have both. However I look back at my life and it's been a pretty damn good one. I am 37 years old, I have been all over the world (every single continent, and all over the US). I learned how to play guitar, acted to the masses, braved New York alone, braved many places alone. I have adventured. I have started and run 3 businesses, taught myself numerous things, experienced good food, great wine, the big blue, the highest mountain peaks. I have lost a best friend to cancer. I have dreamed, and I have lived. I have also in the middle of all that, married my best friend, the love of my life, an artist, an adventurer, and a man whose hand feels like home. I have also had three beautiful children, one with chronic health concerns - which didn't eat up my life, but rather expanded and enriched it, helped me elevate my own health, and set me on a new adventure path into natural medicine, massage therapy school and new college degrees. My oldest daughter is 11 and is already focused on her dream of going to Parson's in NY and becoming a world renown fashion designer. My son dreams of building things that have never been seen. My youngest daughter is one of the funniest people I know. So - I'm sorry that your experience hasn't been that you can have the best of both worlds. I'm sorry that you feel that my life is invalid because I have at times chosen to stay home. I'm sorry for you.... not for me. My life, in my opinion, has been rich, vibrant, and FULL... and I wouldn't trade those 4 people in my house for anything. living my happy... xjess

Casey Jess
• 7 days ago

Incredible response and so true! I am doctorate educated, a traveler and a foodie. My husband is all of these things as well. Our most prized joy - a 3 year old we adopted. I know all the things she writes about, but have also learned there is so much she does not know. May you know what it feels like to hold a tiny hand in yours. To know what it feels like to have your heart outside your body as you send your baby to school. To see their big eyes full of dreams and how they are just in awe is you - their mom. The greatest wonders of the world - which I am blessed to be able to see - do not hold a candle to the snuggles at 6:15 every morning when she asks for me to hold her "just one more minute." You can have the travel, wine, career and food AND the joy of love and babies. I will let you guess which ones will be sitting at your deathbed when you can no longer travel or taste or work.

Schooled Ya
• 5 days ago

If I had to grade your ignorance and self absorption on a scale of one to ten, you are at about a Kanye West. I love how you can devalue raising the next generation of human beings as somehow less important than being able to make money and care only for yourself. I'm surprised you have the mental capacity to hold down a job at McDonalds, let alone a career that affords you the ability to support yourself. I'm going to go ahead and assume that whatever you do for a living doesn't require much brain power, so my money is on a stripping gig. Here is a tip to you from a very well educated working mother, before you attempt to write another piece of literature for the internet, take some time to prep. Grab a dictionary, do some reading, (that's when you look at combinations of letters and try to sound them out into words) and make sure you have some knowledge about your topic. That way, your ignorant ass won't get schooled by intelligent, hard working, well traveled, married mothers like myself.

Bri
• 14 days ago

I guess it's fortunate for young mothers and wives everywhere that your opinion of them matters to them likely as much as my opinion will matter to you. I will agree we over celebrate and therefore, in some ways, undermine the importance, of things like marriage and childbearing, but that makes them no less meaningful.

Anyone can have a child, not everyone can raise them to be good, decent and successful human beings, which does, in fact, require a lot of work.

Anyone can be married, not everyone can have a successful, meaningful and happy relationship. Also something that requires time, effort, and work.

You belittle yourself, and women everywhere, by deciding what they 'should' and 'should not' feel successful about and diminish the lives of your fellow women when you should be uplifting them. This article merely served to highlight your naivety of a life you have never lived

...and everything went better than expected.

[Image: L9LPUBf.gif]

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

I love that "U mad" parrot gif! Stolen!

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Well, this is one of her other articles:

In defense of trolling

Do you know how much amusement we get from the indignation aroused by Tuthmosis?

I suggest not feeding her any.

Quote: (01-30-2014 04:39 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

I love that "U mad" parrot gif! Stolen!

Thats a Kakapo bird the gif is from this scene.

Girls should be an ornament to the eye, not an ache in the ear.

[Image: attachment.jpg16746]   

Meh. With that attitude: WNB

Amy Glass is probably a follower or former student of Linda Hirshman.

Hirshman is a feminist lawyer and professor who made a fine art of shaming who weren't doing the 9-to-5 grind. She wrote a book in 2006 called "Get to Work: . . . And Get a Life, Before It's Too Late," which was major news then and covered by virtually every network and newspaper. It was billed on the jacket as "a call to arms for women."

She got a lot of flak (which you can Google) from women who said her book was degrading and condescending to women, etc. But she sold a lot of books, which is probably Amy Glass' goal for the future.

I think there's a more insidious agenda here, but I'll save it for another post because it'll get off-topic.

Anyway, this is one of the better Linda Hirshman pics:
[Image: LindaHirshman.jpg]

^^Amy Glass, Linda Hirshman, Gloria Steinem, etc. They have all have one thing in common. Hate to point this out but what is it with these Jewish women and feminism? I got no hate towards Jews, but it's hard not to see their involvement in this. Furthermore, why are these Jewish feminists silent when it comes to Orthodox Jewish wives, whose sole purpose is to reproduce and remain submissive.

Not at all surprised when I saw that this garbage was from thought catalog. The sewer pump of the internet, allowing a platform for boring people in their 20's to spew mental vomit and feces into the internet void.

Single childless women turn evil once they get above 40 or so. I am intentionally using the word "evil". These women really do have bad intentions of society as a whole. Their "maternal instinct" turns to spite and hatefulness. They will do anything they can to screw over their younger, prettier married women neighbors.

They are the equivalent of male pedophiles. They are an active and real danger to children.

My sisters (both married with kids, both former career women) were the ones to explained this to me. They hate and shun single childless women over 40.

This is a weird one.

I kinda' agree with her and also agree with those attacking her.

Can't make my mind up.

I think there is something sad about rushing into motherhood. But it probably isn't such a problem for women since most women are unoriginal and will never do anything as interesting as having kids.

I think this is what is driving the feminist mad. The fact that so many women have stunted and uninteresting ambitions. Not just with their careers - but with any life goals in general.

But she is tricking herself. She hates this aspect of womanhood - and should just understand that men and women are fundamentally different. Alot of guys have overwhelming creative urges which are much stronger than just having kids. Whereas few women do.

So - if the chick was more intellectually honest with herself. I would have some sympathy for her. Since it must suck to be born into a gender which is so intellectually and creatively stunted. But as it is - she has yet to grasp exactly why she is annoyed at young mothers. As such - and with that proviso to hand - I have a smidgen more sympathy for the sentiments driving her thinking than alot of others do.

Still - it is one of the weaknesses of feminsim (and a good example of how unoriginal female thinkers are) that they think life is either about having kids or winning the big promotion at work. Jeez - it is like they have stepped out of the masculine/feminine paradigm straight into the maw of the grasping capitalist paradigm. This is one of the key reasons why big business loves feminism. Because nobody is more respectful and in awe of the power structures at work than women.

Nice post cardguy -- except that I don't think there is anything sad about women rushing into motherhood. It's never bad to see a creature follow its instinct and fulfill its fundamental biological destiny.

But yes -- a lot of the serious feminists are relatively high test/high IQ females and they are trapped in a neither-here-nor-there zone: they still don't have true male executive intelligence, but they are also frustrated by the awesome native cow-like submissiveness of their high estrogen/low test sisters. They resent men and despise women, but can't admit to either.

This is also why a lot of the really serious feminists are Jewish, by the way. There are simply more high IQ/high test specimens in that cohort.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Hitler had it all back asswards.

Jews are actually The Master Race. Ironically - because of their persecuted path.

The Economist did an interesting story on this a few years ago.

http://www.economist.com/node/4032638

Yes, giving children a healthy, stable environment to grow up in is a huge disappointment.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (01-30-2014 11:36 AM)Cunnilinguist Wrote:  

^^Amy Glass, Linda Hirshman, Gloria Steinem, etc. They have all have one thing in common. Hate to point this out but what is it with these Jewish women and feminism? I got no hate towards Jews, but it's hard not to see their involvement in this. Furthermore, why are these Jewish feminists silent when it comes to Orthodox Jewish wives, whose sole purpose is to reproduce and remain submissive.

It's not feminism. It's veiled anti-Christianity. They're using feminism to do it because that's the most convenient way for these particular women.

I married a Jewish woman and into a Jewish family, so I think I'm qualified to explain this. (For the record, my ex is very anti-feminist, unlike her family.)

There is a group of Jews who are paranoid about the Christian majority and its hold on the electorate. They see one of the ways of breaking that down as breaking down the classic parts of Christian culture. So, they seek to dismantle traditional "gender roles," since this is big with Christian majority.

This is also why you constantly see Jews going out of their way to attack Christianity (Sarah Silverman, "Don Jon") but not the reverse. You could also argue that a lot of Jewish culture, from Howard Stern to KISS to Hollywood to the porn industry isn't so much there for what it is, it's there because it's a direct attack on Christianity.

As such, these Jewish women chose feminism as their anti-Christian weapon because it worked for them. Had they been hotter, it might have been porn or the movies. Had they been funny, they'd be on stage. But IMO it's all the same motive.

I was raised Catholic but don't follow the religion. But the reason this bothers me is because it's allowed in the mainstream but the reverse isn't. If a Catholic lampooned the Holocaust with the verve Sarah Silverman used to mock Jesus in her latest viral video, it would be "hate speech." This is what bothers me the most, but we're getting off-topic.

IMO the Jewish paranoia about Christians is rooted in post-Holocaust paranoia. But by constantly attacking the US's majority religion in underhanded ways (attacks on the family, mocking Jesus, etc.), Jews are actually creating anti-Jewish sentiment. It's a shame they don't see this irony.

I got a lot of this absorbing the culture while I was married. I never got any anti-Jewish sentiment in church (Catholics, in fact, seem oblivious to any other religion). But I got quite a bit of didactic hate toward other religions when I was immersed in Jewish culture. For whatever reason, some very vocal Jews (not even the majority) just can't tend to their own -- they feel the need to monitor and control other religions and cultures. Hence, the vocal feminists who are absolutely indignant a woman would put her family first.

I'll leave you with a question: why don't feminists like Amy Glass and Linda Hirshman direct their ideas to the growing Orthodox Jewish communities, which are far, far more traditional when it comes to sex roles than the Christian majority?

"But I got quite a bit of didactic hate toward other religions when I was immersed in Jewish culture. For whatever reason, some very vocal Jews (not even the majority) just can't tend to their own -- they feel the need to monitor and control other religions and cultures. Hence, the vocal feminists who are absolutely indignant a woman would put her family first. "

Yeah pretty much.

I noticed that Jews very rarely are critical of their own religion/culture. Even if they do have such thoughts they will almost never express them in public, it's like they have an acute sense about how all Jews should play nice with each other and never try to undermine each other in public. If you look at Christianity it's the complete opposite. Some of the most anti-Christian people are people who are former Christians - particular Catholics. For some reason Catholicism seems to create a high number of bitter apostates - especially with people who went through Catholic school.

For an example of this look at the 'Four Horsemen' from the New Atheism movement. Dawkins and Dennett are pure WASPs: Dawkins received a Anglican education which entailed going to chapel and studying religious works while Dennett was raised with a New England Protestant background which is pretty much as WASP as you can get in the US. The vast majority of their criticism on religion is aimed towards Christianity. Harris has a Jewish background of some sort but he almost never criticizes Judaism, instead focusing on Islam and Christianity.

In my own personal life some of the most anti-religion people I've met have been Jews - I knew two of them back in college. These Jews would heap scorn and burning coals on other religions but Judaism would always be spared. Hell one of these guys even used to go Hillel on our campus often, would keep kosher for passover, and even had a Jew wedding while wearing the little hat on the top of his head and everything. The other guy, who was my roommate I would ask why he would never attack Judaism with the same ferocity he did with Christianity and he would simply reply with "Oh cause my friends and family are Jews". Too bad his Muslim and Christian friends and family apparently aren't deserving of the same reprieve apparently.

A lot of criticism of Christianity comes from certain practices that are described in the Old Testament. I noticed that people who used these practices to attack Christianity would never use it as attacks on Judaism which is bizarre because Jews are supposed to be bound to the law while with Christians, they are exempt from a lot of the laws such as the dietary ones. If you wanted to attack the Abrahamic religions in general it would seem to make more sense to attack it at the root with is Judaism but instead it's Islam and Christianity that recieves the majority of the blows.

Quote: (01-30-2014 03:22 PM)Wutang Wrote:  

"But I got quite a bit of didactic hate toward other religions when I was immersed in Jewish culture. For whatever reason, some very vocal Jews (not even the majority) just can't tend to their own -- they feel the need to monitor and control other religions and cultures. Hence, the vocal feminists who are absolutely indignant a woman would put her family first. "

Yeah pretty much.

I noticed that Jews very rarely are critical of their own religion/culture. Even if they do have such thoughts they will almost never express them in public, it's like they have an acute sense about how all Jews should play nice with each other and never try to undermine each other in public. If you look at Christianity it's the complete opposite. Some of the most anti-Christian people are people who are former Christians - particular Catholics. For some reason Catholicism seems to create a high number of bitter apostates - especially with people who went through Catholic school.

For an example of this look at the 'Four Horsemen' from the New Atheism movement. Dawkins and Dennett are pure WASPs: Dawkins received a Anglican education which entailed going to chapel and studying religious works while Dennett was raised with a New England Protestant background which is pretty much as WASP as you can get in the US. The vast majority of their criticism on religion is aimed towards Christianity. Harris has a Jewish background of some sort but he almost never criticizes Judaism, instead focusing on Islam and Christianity.

In my own personal life some of the most anti-religion people I've met have been Jews. These Jews would heap scorn and burning coals on other religions but Judaism would always be spared. Hell one of these guys even used to go Hillel on our campus often, would keep kosher for passover, and even had a Jew wedding while wearing the little hat on the top of his head and everything. The other guy, who was my roommate I would ask why he would never attack Judaism with the same ferocity he did with Christianity and he would simply reply with "Oh cause my friends and family are Jews". Too bad his Muslim and Christian friends and family apparently aren't deserving of the same reprieve apparently.

A lot of criticism of Christianity comes from certain practices that are described in the Old Testament. I noticed that people who used these practices to attack Christianity would never use it as attacks on Judaism which is bizarre because Jews are supposed to be bound to the law while with Christians, they are exempt from a lot of the laws such as the dietary ones. If you wanted to attack the Abrahamic religions in general it would seem to make more sense to attack it at the root with is Judaism but instead it's Islam and Christianity that recieves the majority of the blows.

Yeah, exactly.

Important addendum to my above post. I left out abortion. The Jewish-feminist fervor over it has nada to do with helping women and everything to do with pushing it because it's a major no-no in the Christian religion.

Yep I could only imagine that backlash it someone made comments on social media mocking Hanukkah or Passover. As a matter of fact, on my Facebook I would intentionally bait people around the Jewish holidays (as well as Ramadan) asking when people were going to start posting oh so clever memes mocking the holiday and also asking round holidays why people get so worked up over Nativity scenes yet no one ever gives a shit over Hanukkah candle decorations.

Another example of what I was talking about is the biologist Jerry Coyne. He's one of those anti-creationism guys and on his blog he constantly mocks Christianity while giving Judaism a pass. He does riff on Orthodox Jews occasionally but even he didn't let fire with his full arsenal as usually he does with other religions and he even seems to actually surprised that Jews would behave like that and expects better of them.

Male Logic: A job is a means to and end.

Female Logic: A job is an end that I should be applauded for.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Quote: (01-30-2014 03:22 PM)Wutang Wrote:  

Yeah pretty much.

In my own personal life some of the most anti-religion people I've met have been Jews - I knew two of them back in college. These Jews would heap scorn and burning coals on other religions but Judaism would always be spared. Hell one of these guys even used to go Hillel on our campus often, would keep kosher for passover, and even had a Jew wedding while wearing the little hat on the top of his head and everything. The other guy, who was my roommate I would ask why he would never attack Judaism with the same ferocity he did with Christianity and he would simply reply with "Oh cause my friends and family are Jews". Too bad his Muslim and Christian friends and family apparently aren't deserving of the same reprieve apparently.

I've seen this a lot with NA Jews, they would be complete cultural marxists supporting liberal and feminism aspects including diversity and minority rights and be strong activists for it. The minute I would bring up Isreal's treatment of minorities or the conservative social views of Orthodox many of them would do a complete 180 on views. It was fun watching them get flustered especially when their claims of me being anti Semitic failed when I point out my semitic origins and my positive opinion of Israel due to its strength from policy.

And its always fun watching them meltdown after a Jew Joke.