rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sparring Against Women In Martial Arts

While pairing off for an exercise in martial arts class, I saw a male student get pulled into a group with three women. He was just slow to find a partner, and they were closest.

The exercise involved brutally wailing on your opponent and I could tell he was uncomfortable beating on a small girl. I saw him talking the them, but they were adamant they could handle it.

The instructor, knowing the next exercise, quickly switched him out for another girl in the class and threw him against three larger male students.

After class, one of the women came up to the instructor and very upsetly asked him not to switch like that again.

It got me thinking - what would I do in that situation? Being a big guy as well, I'm not sure how much it helps me to train against a five foot girl. When I step into the ring, it'll probably be against another big guy. But I don't want to be the asshole who causes a scene because he won't fight a girl.

I also notice most dojos have coed classes. There is also the weird dynamic of wrestling women... I'm gonna try not to put it crudely, but I have a strong sense of smell. I can SMELL women getting aroused when a guy wrestles them. It's the unmistakable overwhelming stench of pussy.

I understand the arousal of being overpowered, but I'm there to train. Keep it in your pants woman. You don't see me sporting a full boner all throughout class.

The whole dynamic of men and women sparring is kind of fucked up. There's no glory in beating a woman, but there's shame in defeat.

I know this board has a couple serious martial artists. Has anyone else noticed this? Has anyone else been in this situation? What would you have done?

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Sparring, pads, whatever, for me its almost impossible to get a good workout paired with a girl. And one woman at my muay thai gym would get pissed because I sweat. Come on bitch, I'm a guy, I sweat when I work out.

Joint something rough like MMA and military fighting. It will be less likely to have many females in it.

Females were not meant for fighting like men, so they do it for male attention and to be surrounded by testosterone.

I had this happen a couple of times when I started a BJJ class years ago. The girls had better technique than me, but I was too strong for them. They were faster, but I baffled them at every turn. When I went up against smaller guys that were the same size as the females I had to tap out a few times. Go with it, practice your technique.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

I've been studying martial arts for 19 years now.
I have a few insights to share

I have no problem training with female students as long as they're respectful. This holds true for male students as well.
I will not hit a girl with my full power ever. It serves me nothing good. If i hurt her it looks like i can't control myself, and if i don't she'll just want me to keep hitting her harder till i do.

I do think it is beneficial to have females train with larger/stronger males because that's what she will be most likely facing if the time comes to use what she's been taught. The more often she's in this situation, she'll be better able to handle herself when the time comes.

We had one of our larger guys (6'4 250lbs) train with a normal sized female. There wasn't a damn thing she could do against him at first because she was genuinely freaked out and panicked constantly. This went on for a few months till she learned to calm down and was able to effectively defend herself against his attacks and run away.

If i was grappling with a female i would treat her like a man. If my hand happens to grab her breast or rub against her vagina so be it. They know it will happen. They also know that i will stop when the technique is over unlike a street fight where there is no ref...

I noted the same thing as vinman, serious female martial artists have good form like gymnasts, but paired against an average guy with okay form it is no competition. But the guy loses out in his training. Its like sparring with your kid brother.

And a couple of women I have noted in Muay Thai do seem to be there for the aura of violent male power. They are like dudes who take yoga or dance classes, it is to work on their game.

But I am there to improve my fighting prowess, not be distracted by poon.

I started training in Taekwondo when I was 7 years old. I had a very good foundation knowledge of the art because I trained and fought with adults/much older kids from early on. I have trained with schools from many countries, and mainly Korean and Iranians, who are both maybe the best at Taekwondo.

I remember being in a no nonsense Iranian school school when I was 11/12, and I essentially matched/was slightly outclassed by a woman who was an advanced black belt/supposed to be extremely skilled [obviously this was not IN Iran]. That pretty much says it.

Unless the girl is a she-beast Serena Williams type [and even they are no match truly], they can really only become "very skilled", and technically very good - which is great for demonstrations, and maybe a few fast points in tournaments. They can not train you for a real fight that tests you - maybe one in which you have some bad blood with a guy who fights dirty, or pissed you off.

Still, for drilling, and practicing techniques, atleast in taekwondo, I was taught to do all the moves I would do in a real fight, even use speed and power to a degree, but stop or just brush my kicks at the last second, which actually requires a lot more control and this can be very good technical training, which you can add power to against a guy. So you can make it work, but it is boring.

You don't get there till you get there

Treat rolling/sparring with girls in the same way you would treat going against someone who is vastly more inexperienced: as a way to practice more exotic techniques or techniques that you want to add to your game but you aren't experienced with - if you try it against someone your own level you mostly wouldn't be able to pull it off let along someone better so if you want to be able to actually pull those moves you are better off trying them first against someone you out class. I honestly believe you can learn from just about anyone as long as you tailor your approach as opposed to trying to beat someone as quickly as possible.

You might as well sit out, for all the good sparring with girls does you.

I remember when I was a white belt in an MMA style, and I was sparring a girl who was a month or 2 away from grading for black belt (she got it). She was as tall as me and probably weighed about the same. So I figure if she's going for black belt, she could handle me. Wrong! It wasn't that I treated it like a real fight - I'd trained in muay thai and other styles before, so I knew sparring etiquette - but she was just too slow, too weak. Initially I thought it could have been that she was just taking it easy on the new white belt, but after getting knocked from pillar to post, if she had "it" she would have turned it on.

I even got a fucking hip throw in on her - who get's hip thrown in sparring???? You'd have to almost asleep on your feet to get caught like that! And of course this is NHB - if they go down, you make them regret it. I was hesitant to get on and pound her, but it didn't matter anyway - the instructor stepped in while I was considering how to "gently" pund her.

That must have taken her down a notch or two - from black belt contender to a white belts whipping girl in 2 minutes.

Another time I was doing thai pad drills, and another brown belt asked me to not kick so hard. I toned it down a bit, but she spat the dummy and wouldn't continue becaue I didn't tone it down enough. So much for learning to defend themself, and developing grit and determination.

During Jiu Jitsu, I once put a girl in hospital with a textbook throw to the ground. She made a full recovery but it was a pretty scary spinal injury and freaked me out.

Fortunately the Sensei saw what happened and said there was nothing wrong with my throw. It was her fault for not falling properly.

Despite that, people were hating on me for "hurting" the girl. I stopped going to that club.

Women are "just as strong" as men until reality hits and then it's your fault. For this reason I don't recommend sparring with girls.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

When I was younger, around 14, doing Karate(horrible martial arts BTW), there was a green belt girl , chubby who I was paired up to fight...I could see she was going hard at me, kicking and punching me hard...it was at that moment that I stopped treating girls like girls in sparring and kneed her hard in the chest leaving her grown fat ass winded and unable to breath for a while after she uppercut me in the chin and bruised hard because I was not as strong back then

Instructor and my blue pill parents give me shit for going too rough and yelled at me.

Even since that day I left and joined up kung fu and then did full MMA...literally no chicks in my area...like a dream come true.

I can go as hard as I want, I will not complain if a 6'5 230lb dude at my MMA club decks my 5'10 165lb ass in a fight cause I'm a man. He was stronger and had the skill. Can't do much about it.

but most importantly, when two men fight, there is mutual respect....no respect exists when you spar a female....females don't even know what respect means...I'm nurse in training...I see this shit first hand.

I was built to fight.

Screw all this " go easy on the female when you are sparring" . Show her the standard level of discipline and skill and what she should expect to face if she ever fights a man.Put her in her place.
It is the only way she will learn.

They key is to have control. It's a good time to practice defensive maneuvers. You can go offensive, but make sure you don't connect very hard, just let her know that you could have whacked her. If she's cute let her get some hits then go for real and show her who's boss--maybe it'll lead to a bang haha. This is often easier said than done, especially because the girls want to and often do go 90% on you in an attempt to hurt you/elicit a response.

I've talked to a couple of girls that fight competetively and they all say they much prefer to spar/train with men than women. I guess it's the same principle as you wanting to spar/train with a guy that's better than you--you learn much more and they push you harder to succeed.

When I first started training Kickboxing about 6 or 7 years ago I was paired up against a huge bulldyke woman. She was strong and fast and going against her seemed like going against a man.. I was wrong. I sparred her as if I would spar a similar sized man--she ended up knocked out cold on the floor in about 60 seconds. When she came to she actually thanked me for not going easy on her, but still, it was embarassing and a good lesson in the strength difference between females and males--even when females are a similar size to you.

I had this happen to me a couple of times. The first time I got paired with a 5'5 something girl that had more experience then me. This was way back before the red pill, and in my white knight "blue" brain i thought "hey man i can't hit a girl..let's just play a little with her.." and while i was thinking that she threw a big punch straight to my fucking nose, which of course landed perfectly.

I learned that they want to be fought seriously. That doesn't mean that now I beat the shit out of them every time, it just means that I will fight them just like i would with a smaller/more inexperienced guy. Not full force but strong enough that she can feel it. If she can't handle it..then maybe martial arts isn't for her.

FWIW it was a striking martial art, it may be different if you are sparring in BJJ or some other form of grappling - it sounds like it would be a lot of fun tho.

If she's in a martial arts class to learn self defense, she's preparing herself to deal with a man who is bigger and stronger than her in any real life situation.

Isn't one of the selling points of martial arts that a smaller more skilled opponent can take down a bigger and stronger but less skilled opponent?

WIA

Equality guys. I wouldn't go easy on a girl in a fight. How else are they going to be able to defend themselves in a real fight?

Edit: gave this more thought. I'd tone down my abilities too in such a case. No point in going all out. Unless it was asked for or warrented.

Honest question, outside of the internet, have any of you guys heard a statement of "men and women are equal in strength"? I've never heard that phrase uttered outside of the net.

This is from a BJJ perspective.

I take it on a case by case basis, but for the most part I roll light. Most of the women in the class are beginner students, and they simply don't have enough experience. I give light resistance, enough so that it's challenging, but nothing too intense.

With that said, I also evaluate the their game. I've rolled against some girls who went all out and even fought dirty. A lot of times these are girls who want to be the next Rhonda Rousey, and tell me they want me to give them full resistance. I still don't because I've agreed to in the past and afterwards they've complained. One girl laid on the mat coughing and told me she was unable to breathe.

There are exceptions especially if she's a higher ranked belt, plans to compete/fight MMA, and we know each other well. Some of these chicks will go all out against me and expect me to do the same. We've rolled against each other many times, so it's not a problem.

My recommendation for handling these type of women: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-9856-p...#pid603961

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

I am with the consensus of making them learn, it really depends on the attitude of the girl in the ring/mat. I studied Jiu Jitsu through my teenage years and I was a really angry kid, i loved sparring as i could let loose. My Sensei put me in the adult classes as a result and to learn some humility but would bring me back to the junior matches to train with my brothers so we could do things full speed or to check kids with egos that had gotten to big.

In those instances it would usually go that my sensei would get in the ring with me, beat my ass and then say "ok, who wants to go against Dr. Howard next" this would lull kids with bully type egos to throw their hands in the air as it made me look weak/easy. Guy or girl they would get crushed. Guys quickly, girls it was more of a 'mocking' slow defeat.

Girls that had no partner in practice or were afraid to get into the ring or were interested in learning got a kid gloves treatment though, and I would do the same to a guy who was a first timer or was looking really nervous that he had to train with some wild eyed nut job that was brought in from the adult class.

so, guy or girl makes no difference to me, the attitude does.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

In Jiu Jitsu we had some females come to our classes. I did not treat them any different then a guy when I was rolling. However I treat smaller guys and guys new to BJJ like they were a little different then guys my sized or people with experience. Girl or guy its no fun to just start out and have someone twice your size trying to choke you out or break your arm every 5 seconds. Also girl or guy, big or small, new or pro if they start trying to throw me around or make me uncomfortable I am sure to return the favor.

[Image: Holly_Holm_vs._Allanna_Jones.gif]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (01-30-2014 08:51 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

My recommendation for handling these type of women: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-9856-p...#pid603961

LOL, awesome. Nice pic in that link. The name of the move matches [Image: smile.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I've been training Judo here lately. Last time I went with a girl that was a "green belt" (eye roll). I just toyed with her the same way I would a smaller inexperienced guy. Giving them a good look but keeping the aggression to the appropriate level.

If a girl is that out of touch where she thinks she can compete with a man, I would treat her like I would a newbie that comes in acting like he's hot shit. I would check him. Would I tee off on a girl like she was a guy? No. But I would still check her.

Also when I go against chicks/newer guys I'll typically give them superior position. I'll met them pass my guard, pin me down in side mount, take my back etc. It's one of the times you really get to bang out a lot of reps in a live situation. Going against even someone your size and skill level, if you give them side mount and let them settle you most likely won't be able to get the escape on the regular. A typical session for me against a chick/newer guy would be: let my partner pass my guard and side mount me, I'll shrimp back to full guard and repeat this sequence a couple of times. Eventually I let them pass, side mount me, then full mount me and then I'll either hip escape back to guard or do the upa roll.

This is simple

you treat them as you would anyone who weighed the amount they do. period.

if you're 250 and up against a 145 dude, you're a complete asshole if you go anywhere near even 50% strength.

chick, dude, boy, old man, whatever. look at weight and adjust accordingly.

i've had many fights and trained for years.

going up against a girl sparring is a time to work on your defense, footwork and quickness

if you can't find a positive in sparring with someone smaller, bigger, stronger, weaker, whatever - you are the one with the problem.

I've "sparred" with females many times. There's only one time that sticks out in my head. I ended up having to go against this girl who started about 2 months after I did (this was several years into our training). I was very good at seeing the openings that people made when they would throw a kick. Whenever she would try to throw a roundhouse, I just stuck my foot out straight. Her forward momentum, combined with my size advantage, would cause her to fall on her ass every time.

I remember one time, I said something that really pissed her off before class and he punched me in the jaw as hard as she could. The guys and I started laughing our asses off. I probably deserved to be punched (can't remember exactly what I said). Her reaction to it made it worse than it actually was (feminism anyone?).

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.