rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sweden described as China of the North

A great deal of what has been touched-on by writers in this forum about Sweden is confirmed in a profile on the country by the Guardian.

Here is a short quote:

"Ask the Finns and they will tell you that Swedish ultra-feminism has emasculated their men, but they will struggle to drown their sorrows. Their state-run alcohol monopoly stores, the dreaded Systembolaget, were described by Susan Sontag as "part funeral parlour, part back-room abortionist"."

Article link:

http://t.co/dTw34jjBvx

In my experience Swedish people travelling people overseas talk like they've been liberated.

Stockholm sounds like one of the most cliquish image-obsessed cities in the world. Too many times I've heard them say "I feel like I can't be like myself until I get out of Sweden". I've had some great times with Swedish chicks in Thailand but I would think they wouldn't be the same back home in Sverige.

Quote:Quote:

The Swedes are, he says, "highly adept at insulating themselves from each other". They will do anything to avoid sharing a lift with a stranger, as I found out during a day-long experiment behaving as un-Swedishly as possible in Stockholm.

Has anyone here been and experienced this? Does it impact day game?

Quote: (01-29-2014 03:46 PM)draguer Wrote:  

In my experience Swedish people travelling people overseas talk like they've been liberated.

Stockholm sounds like one of the most cliquish image-obsessed cities in the world. Too many times I've heard them say "I feel like I can't be like myself until I get out of Sweden". I've had some great times with Swedish chicks in Thailand but I would think they wouldn't be the same back home in Sverige.

The Swedes are, he says, "highly adept at insulating themselves from each other". They will do anything to avoid sharing a lift with a stranger, as I found out during a day-long experiment behaving as un-Swedishly as possible in Stockholm.

Has anyone here been and experienced this? Does it impact day game?

Boston has a similar culture. I live with a, "unless it is explicitly said, there is no problem."

I had some chick rubbing my arm this morning on the subway. Apparently I was invading her personal space. I didn't move. [Image: angel.gif]

The Almost Nearly Perfect People – The Truth About the Nordic Miracle (Jonathan Cape), by Michael Booth, is published on 6 February. It will be BBC Radio 4's Book of the Week from 10 February.

I advise you to take that link with a hefty fist of salt. It's not a news piece, it's a commercial column for the article author's new book. He's just throwing out extreme statements like Swe being a one party state as sound bites. The few claims he actually does provide sources to are uncontroversial.

Oh, and you'll never get a fair appraisal of a Scandinavian country by asking the citizen of another Scandinavian country. The internal competition/rivalries are somewhat fierce.

Yes Sweden is terrible, don't go there!

Insert - sarcastic laugh

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (01-29-2014 04:54 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

The Almost Nearly Perfect People – The Truth About the Nordic Miracle (Jonathan Cape), by Michael Booth, is published on 6 February. It will be BBC Radio 4's Book of the Week from 10 February.

I advise you to take that link with a hefty fist of salt. It's not a news piece, it's a commercial column for the article author's new book. He's just throwing out extreme statements like Swe being a one party state as sound bites. The few claims he actually does provide sources to are uncontroversial.

Oh, and you'll never get a fair appraisal of a Scandinavian country by asking the citizen of another Scandinavian country. The internal competition/rivalries are somewhat fierce.

Oh no, an article critical of Sweden!

[Image: grouphug.gif]

the peer review system
put both
Socrates and Jesus
to death
-GBFM

This is true. Anytime I've asked a Swede about Norway or vice versa, they hate on the other country.

I advise you to take that link with a hefty fist of salt. It's not a news piece, it's a commercial column for the article author's new book. He's just throwing out extreme statements like Swe being a one party state as sound bites.

To be fair, Sweden only recently ceased being a de facto one party state, so you can only blame him for slightly outdated information.

Yes, if you want a fair appraisal of a Scandinavian country you should ask a Finn.

I'd love to live in Sweden someday. It might be fucked up in some regards (poor Assange... [Image: sad.gif] ), but the economic prosperity is well worth it. And you can always import a woman, but you can't import the money.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Yes, if you want a fair appraisal of a Scandinavian country you should ask a Finn.

Thanks for proving my point.

To be fair, Sweden only recently ceased being a de facto one party state, so you can only blame him for slightly outdated information.

What are you talking about?

Quote: (01-30-2014 02:11 AM)jaakkeli Wrote:  

The Social democrats won a majority of the elections in the last century. That does not equal Sweden being a one party state. Although it's debatable how different the eight parties in the Riksdag are from each other, especially nowadays.

This thread makes me wanna Fika