rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Seasonal ski resort job

Seasonal ski resort job

Hey guys,

I finished up school early and have a shit ton of free time so I had the random idea to apply to seasonal jobs at ski resorts. I've never hit the slopes before and wanted to do something cool before starting my real job this summer. Any of you have experience with these types of gigs?

I hear they put you up in company housing and offer so,e ski incentives.

Seasonal ski resort job

G Man: The Greatest Pick up Line of All Time

Seasonal ski resort job

Which country - Canada? U.S.?

At least in the U.S., it may be too late. The season starts in mid-November generally and by now they've hired and trained a bunch of workers. That said, Aspen, Colorado has good slopes and good wages, and it's a beautiful place (I hear). In Japan, Niseko is where a lot of Aussies hang out and work during the winter at the ski resorts. Japan and the UK have a working holiday exchange.

Seasonal ski resort job

Agreed, too late in Canada but you are on course for a great young man's job.

A friend of mine was about 20 years old and did the following for 4 or 5 years in Canada:

- in winter he worked as a bartender in a nice ski resort. Rolled in tips from tourists and picked up girls
- in summer he worked as a bartender in a nice tourist town on the east coast...again rolled in tips and picked up girls

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Seasonal ski resort job

Nice. I'm in the US.

Definitely a little late but just got a phone interview with a resort in California. I'm looking to do something cool and improve my game before I get down to business.

Seasonal ski resort job

There are always jobs to be had a ski resorts. When I got my job at Keystone in Colorado it was during the second week of January. The employment pool at ski resorts is a revolving door because the people that work there aren't trying to make it a career. They just want to party. The usual reason people get fired from their resort jobs is from missing or being late to shifts because they got shitfaced the night before. Or they call in sick on a pow day and are stupid enough to get caught skiing/snowboarding that day one too many times. Other people blow all their money on drugs/booze and end up going back home. The employee housing at Keystone was dreadful. That one experience has soured me on ski resort employee housing for life. You obviously get a free ski pass and usually you can get a discount on food/stuff in resort shops. The pay is shit though unless you've been with the company a while and have a supervisory position. Don't go there expecting loads of hot foreign women that are dying to blow you. Ski towns are notorious sausage fests and the women know they have the upper hand. If you're a bartender that's pretty much the golden ticket next to being a pro skier/snowboarder.

That being said, you don't work at a ski resort for the money or bitches. You do it for the lifestyle. Every day you get to meet people from all over the world. The job is easy, you ride the mountain with friends, get fucked up at night, and sprinkle in some trim if you have game. Rinse and repeat 7 days a week.

Seasonal ski resort job

Quote: (01-29-2014 08:36 AM)BahamaPapa Wrote:  

There are always jobs to be had a ski resorts. When I got my job at Keystone in Colorado it was during the second week of January. The employment pool at ski resorts is a revolving door because the people that work there aren't trying to make it a career. They just want to party. The usual reason people get fired from their resort jobs is from missing or being late to shifts because they got shitfaced the night before. Or they call in sick on a pow day and are stupid enough to get caught skiing/snowboarding that day one too many times. Other people blow all their money on drugs/booze and end up going back home. The employee housing at Keystone was dreadful. That one experience has soured me on ski resort employee housing for life. You obviously get a free ski pass and usually you can get a discount on food/stuff in resort shops. The pay is shit though unless you've been with the company a while and have a supervisory position. Don't go there expecting loads of hot foreign women that are dying to blow you. Ski towns are notorious sausage fests and the women know they have the upper hand. If you're a bartender that's pretty much the golden ticket next to being a pro skier/snowboarder.

That being said, you don't work at a ski resort for the money or bitches. You do it for the lifestyle. Every day you get to meet people from all over the world. The job is easy, you ride the mountain with friends, get fucked up at night, and sprinkle in some trim if you have game. Rinse and repeat 7 days a week.

I've worked 3 seasons in a resort in the Austrian Alps and this is pretty consistend with my experience there. Do it, if you like to ski, but not for the pussy.