rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cuba or Ecuador? Where to go for Study Abroad?

Hey guys, hows it going? I need advice on where to go this summer for study abroad. I've pretty much been all over Mexico and then some, but i'm ready to venture off to other lands. I was originally thinking of Spain and Argentina but after given it some thought, Quito, Ecuador and Havana, Cuba have the better programs suited for my major.

If I choose Cuba, I will stay for 1 month in Havana going to the University of Havana and staying at a hotel. Its all cool but the only drawback is that it wont really benefit me much academically since I will only receive 1 credit. Really its more for the experience.

If I choose Quito, Ecuador I will be staying at a suburb of Quito named Lumbisi. I will stay there for 6 weeks going to the Universidad de San Francisco de Quito and hosting a bunch of projects related to my major. The drawback here is that I have to stay with a host family (which is harder to bring back girls).

What do you guys recommend me doing? Any advice on which place is better in terms of gaming, nightlife, things to do, etc...? Thanks in Advanced.

Quote: (01-23-2014 01:25 AM)MidWest Wrote:  

The drawback here is that I have to stay with a host family (which is harder to bring back girls).

Ecuadorian host family... Just hope they are not traditional or else good luck in the mischief department.

I would choose Havana maybe you only get one credit but you can learn some serious salsa.

[Image: AWright_CUBA_01543-2.jpg]

Havana for sure! Quality of girls is better than Quito. LaVidaLoca studied at the university there, send him a PM [Image: wink.gif]

Anybody who has been to Quito can confirm on the quality there. Im afraid Cuba might be a place of p4p. It has incredible history though.

God, Cuba. Never been, but go before it gets more open. I hear it is like a place where time stood still. Not in a bad way, just the stuff the US did really damaged the Cuban economy (not trying to go into why or if it was right or wrong) and thus you see lots of cars from the 50s, etc.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Cuba.

I've been to Ecuador: It makes for a nice 10 day sightseeing trip of volcanoes, the equator, etc., but not otherwise it's not that interesting. Also, Quito is fucking dangerous -- something like 90% of Western tourists get robbed in Quito.

Quote: (01-23-2014 06:15 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

Anybody who has been to Quito can confirm on the quality there.

Quality? I'd have to disagree here. I didn't find Ecuadorian chicks attractive at all. The indigenous features are too strong for my liking.

Gallego is dead on about the danger factor for gringos. Almost every gringo I ran into in Quito got robbed. I didn't have a problem though.

This one story is legendary.

Quote: (01-23-2014 06:15 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

Anybody who has been to Quito can confirm on the quality there. Im afraid Cuba might be a place of p4p. It has incredible history though.

It's true there is the p4p part but since you are going to the university you will be able to hit on the students and "normal" girls!

I do not know about Ecuador but in Cuba you are guaranteed to get action. That will be a fact, just watch out for the p4p.

I been back to Havana twice both times for family emergency and still managed a pic up. I am assuming you speak Spanish so yeah go out dancing and ask the girls to teach you salsa even if your good at it.

All I know is that if you're looking to have a good experience Argentina has one of the best college cultures in Latin America (If not the best). However there's a chance you'll be able to mack on the upper class girls on the ecuatorian uni you're going, although I don't really know if your uni is gonna have those.

Why would you go to Havana, study in the University and stay in a Hotel!

Hotels are the biggest pussy repellent in Cuba!

Yes, some guys do pay bribes to security guards in certain hotels to let a girl in until 5 or 6AM but fuck thats a huge pain.

Classes are 300 CUC or so for a month in Havana at the university. 4 hours a day - 5 days a week. I made it to all of 6 or 7 classes when I studied there and didn't obtain any credit for it. I believe they start the first Monday of every month. Classes start at 9AM be forewarned. I like to go out in the week and 9AM classes were not for me.

It will not be that cheap if you want to live a really really good lifestyle in Havana. I just spent 16 days there and 16 in Holguin. In Havana it cost me about 2300 Canadian, in Holguin 1400. I did not do any pay for pussy or car rentals. My house in Holguin was about 22 Canadian a night. in Havana 40 Canadian dollars a night.

Cuba is not opening up anytime soon! News people continually make reports about developments that are completely fabricated. It would be like me reporting on Ecuador and not being there. Not very realistic. They are Dash Globaling persay! Recent example was new cars for sale in Cuba. They are so ridiculously priced that it's actually a far better deal to buy a used car! I was told by one person that 2 cars were sold in the first 2 weeks. Another person told me 0 were sold. It's basically a huge joke amongst Cubans right now and all 3 humor shows I went to see made sure to joke about it.

To the OP:

The hottest chick you'll see in Quito will be a '6', and all the girls, even the young ones, wear granny panties.

Ok - if you are interested in the language - go to Ecuador. Their Spanish is pretty neutral. If you want to party, p4p, shore, and learn ok spanish then go to cuba. If this is your only trip ever in your life - go to havana .!!!!!

I would suggest cuba,just came from there and is an amazing country.you are safe there,cheap,and hot women.i actually met an italian guy at camaguey and he was studying there.he had 0 desire to turn back in italy.havana is ok but expensive

Cuba got good girls, but if you are taking the study seriously Cuba is not an option. The education there is the worst possible, as you would expect from a communist country they are in ancient times with no resources. There is a lot of propaganda about educaton in Cuba, specially medicine, but that's just propaganda.

Quote: (01-24-2014 08:46 PM)jariel Wrote:  

To the OP:

The hottest chick you'll see in Quito will be a '6', and all the girls, even the young ones, wear granny panties.

So True.

Those girls are like allergic to thongs. It makes their already pancake asses look even worse. In Quito they are shaped like a sack of Idaho potatoes, once you start heading toward Guayaquil, the bodies get just a bit better but even in full blown Afro Ecuadorians chicks the IHOP asses are still prevalent.

Upon reaching Cuenca, Ecuadorian chicks get lighter and cuter. But you guess it, still no ass....

Damn!!. You guys are seriously making me not consider Ecuador. Indigenous faces, short, and pancake asses? Haha. I assume because of this they might be easier. Is it really that bad?

Im really going towards Cuba. Not only because of the girls but because of the history. I have a week to decide.

When I went to Quito I found the girls to be quite a bit hotter than the rap they get here (few true beauties, but no shortage of girls in the 6-7 range). I would beware if you're going to have to stay with a host family, though--having bad logistics in Quito was the kiss of death for me. Maybe even book a cheap hostel room near the Plaza Foch area before going out to keep yourself from getting cockblocked at the extraction stage--that's probably what I would do if I had that month to do over again since my homestay logistics probably cost me multiple notches. If you're only going for a month I would consider pipelining as well.

Hey man Im living in Ecuador at the moment (Esmeraldas at the coast) and to be honest I think girls are hot here. Both where I live and in Quito I have seen many beauties. Nothing like Colombia ok but still pretty decent. Dont understand all the hate here either... Also had plenty girls with big asses if thats what your looking for. Ill put up a first Ecuador coast datasheet soon I think.

Furtermore yeah everyone says Quito is dangerous but I've been there 2 weeks and didnt have any problems. Then again offcourse im an absolute boss that might explain it. No dont worry about it, its a cool city and plenty of things to do. You can also party everyday there.

Cuba might be great as well, but i would take 6 weeks over 4. And btw theres cheap hotels in Quito for the lays, although its a bit harder agreed.

Quote: (01-25-2014 10:20 PM)rottenapple Wrote:  

And btw theres cheap hotels in Quito for the lays, although its a bit harder agreed.

I couldn't get any girls to agree to the "let's get a hotel" option, which mystified me because that move works like a charm in Chile and Brazil. Do you think it would make it easier to get the room in advance and be like "let's go back to my hostel" instead of having to book it in front of her?

You'll likely find cuties at the University of SF in Quito -- upper class chicks.

If you're just cruising the streets though, you're probably gonna be disappointed. That said, this is the hottest girl I saw in Quito when I was there in 2012 and I'd give her a 7 (sorry, no face):

[Image: Ecuador_2012.jpg]

Believe me, she was such an outlier, that it prompted me to take a pic.

Quote: (01-25-2014 11:46 PM)Gallego2006 Wrote:  

You'll likely find cuties at the University of SF in Quito -- upper class chicks.

I mentioned the uni in my trip report, it's not bad at all, but I live somewhere where I see 7s and up on a regular basis, so I was underwhelmed by Quito.

@Rottenapple - Isn't it the case though that the coast is more liberal and laid back than Quito?

Quote: (01-24-2014 08:04 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

Why would you go to Havana, study in the University and stay in a Hotel!

Hotels are the biggest pussy repellent in Cuba!

The thing is that the program for Cuba in my school (the University of Illinois) has it set up where students stay at the hotel while attending classes at the University in Havana. I cannot change anything about it. Anyway to get around this?