rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

WHy doing is more important than knowing

Too many success stories recently. Here is a failure story, but a good lesson.

I know a lot of game theory, but it is all shit until you try it out in reality.

I am with my buddy at Public Bar in Dupont Circle tonight. We get drinks. Bar tender fucks them up and it's some blue drink with vodka. Blue Moose? Who fucking knows. A blonde, maybe 5-6, who is with a group of about 6 girls next to where we are standing asks me what kind of drink it is. Yes, a girl opened me, which I am so not used to it's ridiculous.

What do I say? "Oh it's some blue moose, but it fucking sucks." Can you believe this shit? THEN. THEN I offer her a sip, which she refuses. Rightly so. Can it get any gayer? After that I know I fucked up, but I am not upset. My friend is taller and better looking than I am, and eventually he opens this other chick in the group. Then he introduces her to me. Apparently, I insult her friends by calling them stupid, which upsets this girl for the whole night. Well this is what happens when you need about 3 drinks to loosen up. Never picked up in night game. At least I talked to a bunch of the other girls in the group. I realized that girls are actually very pliant. If you sort of just grab them and pull them over, they will come.

At least my friend got the upset girls number at the end. I refused to apologize. I would never intentionally cock block a friend just to get further with some girl, but given all the shit I have been through, I was just not going to back down for the sake of avoiding conflict.

All in all, I learned something and by and large had fun.

A little off topic, but a corollary-- "It's more fun to get what you want then to understand why you want it."