rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Haircut advice?

Haircut advice?

[Image: 102227_gmed.jpg]

On a young white guy with a bit of a long face shape.

Haircut advice?

As long as you include the aviators and cob pipe, go for it.

Haircut advice?

Why the long face?

Haircut advice?

Depends on what your hair is like. Coarse, soft, straight, heavy, light, etc. Also hair-color.

Details.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Haircut advice?

Heavy, wavy, thick brown hair

Haircut advice?

This style is raging right now. Long on top and short on the sides.

It's somewhat of a classic look and wears well on most guys.

Will be interesting to see what the new trend will be. From what I've seen on style sites, it'll be hair pushed onto the forehead which in my humble opinion looks retarded.

Wear what makes you look the best and fuck the trends.

Haircut advice?

McQueen and I both have undercuts. (That's the name of the style; Google it.)

So…what could possibly go wrong?

Haircut advice?

undercuts are cool and I have one, I think most guys could grow their hair longer, the super short high and tight look effectively says I have no style

Haircut advice?

I have an undercut with a beard, it felt strange to wear at first but now I like it. Plus, it is healthy to go with the fashion du jour from time to time.

Haircut advice?

I'm going to give it a shot. If it goes wrong, I'll cut it shorter. I've got the aviators to go with it too lol. Is it possible to get this cut with really thick hair?

Thanks everyone

Haircut advice?

I have similar features, I was thinking about an undercut with bangs. Bangs are good if you have a long face, because they diminish the length of your face. If you have a long face, I think you need something of visual interest around your face so your face doesn't appear so long - it could be interesting hair, strong facial features or a beard, something. Also a lot of these undercuts swoop the hair back, and may not look great if you have a weak/receding hairline. I saw tips online saying you should let your hair grow on the sides if you have a long face, but this is retarded, at least for me, because it just makes you look puffy and less masculine with a helmet of hair on the sides.

Long face undercut without bangs:

[Image: quiff-undercut-hair.jpg]

California, if the hair is the right length but too thick on top, ask them to 'texturize' it, which I think cuts some of the hair shorter, reducing the body of the hair.

Haircut advice?

My face is not that long, I think I could pull it off. I'll try the texturizing thing.

Haircut advice?

I roll with something halfway between this...

[Image: 5SHTqI9l.jpg]

And this...

[Image: Dean-Geyer-dean-geyer-31753007-458-594.jpg]

Buzzed-ish on the sides, faded into medium length on the top, styled spikey and messy with something non-glossy.

Very low maintenance, looks badass, and it's not a cut I've see a lot of other guys rocking. Think it'd fit just about any face shape.

Lately I've been thinking about growing my hair out and slicking it back, kind of like this.
[Image: 2s7jr2vl.jpg]

I'm hesitant, though, because I see a lot of skinny hipster types with similar cuts.

Haircut advice?

Undercuts work well and are a very flexible cut - you can have it longer on the top or have a slight fade between the long hairs at the top and the short buzzed sides and back.

I get a 2 on the sides and the back, and ask them to leave it long on the top, about a 1-1.5 inch. I also ask for it to fade between the top and the side. 2 weeks after the cut it looks great.

Haircut advice?

I got a haircut similar to this one: tapered crew cut, but a little longer hear. It is very low maintenance. I don't even need a comb for the first 2 weeks or so after getting it. My hair is darker than this guy's.

[Image: crewcut-ivy-league-hairstyle.jpg]

Haircut advice?

It may sounds gay, but sometimes, the best you can do is to find a hair stylist. It is not cheap, but they know exactly which hair most fit to your face. Usually they make an "artisan-like" work, they care since your hair is short and try to make it grow in a certain way that will make it look very nice

if you really have doubts about how to cut your hair, I strongly suggest you to do find a real professional in order to help you.

Haircut advice?

"It may sounds gay,"

^Taking are of your body, skin and hair doesn't sound gay.

Michael Jordan gets facials, pedicures and manicures. Is this gay? Hell no.

Well before the so-called metrosexual wave, I took care of myself physically. Sometimes I caught heat from haters.

I simply smirked and then proceeded to walk out of the bar with a sexy chick on my arm, while the haters sat there nursing a beer with a uni-brow, fungus under their nails and their virginity.

Taking care of what you have is a trait of being a real man. Your body, skin and hair is part of being a good steward in that you try to be your best and maintain.

Haircut advice?

Quote: (01-20-2014 09:25 PM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

"It may sounds gay,"

Well before the so-called metrosexual wave, I took care of myself physically. Sometimes I caught heat from haters.

I simply smirked and then proceeded to walk out of the bar with a sexy chick on my arm, while the haters sat there nursing a beer with a uni-brow, fungus under their nails and their virginity.

Taking care of what you have is a trait of being a real man. Your body, skin and hair is part of being a good steward in that you try to be your best and maintain.

Well, if you don't care spending an arm and a leg to pay your hair style, it is good for you anyway [Image: smile.gif]

I just wrote that because I don't know ANY men, ANY that goes to a hair stylist (I just did last saturday lol [Image: tongue.gif]). The only ones I met were gay and if I give the opinion I did to the OP among my friends, probably they would keep laughing at me for months. I don't know in your culture how often your friends go to one, but unfortunately in mine, none I saw is going to one hair stylist.

Just don't take it personal, please. We'll probably face some cultural differences here and I hope it won't hurt people who are used to do things that in one culture sounds weird and in another is quite common [Image: smile.gif]

Haircut advice?

I think it's cool to go to a stylist once and get an idea on what suits you, then have your manly, straight, mafia-esque Italian barber maintain it.

Haircut advice?

got it, turned out well

Haircut advice?

Quote: (01-20-2014 09:36 PM)the_ox Wrote:  

Quote: (01-20-2014 09:25 PM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

"It may sounds gay,"

Well, if you don't care spending an arm and a leg to pay your hair style, it is good for you anyway [Image: smile.gif]

I just wrote that because I don't know ANY men, ANY that goes to a hair stylist (I just did last saturday lol [Image: tongue.gif]). The only ones I met were gay and if I give the opinion I did to the OP among my friends, probably they would keep laughing at me for months. I don't know in your culture how often your friends go to one, but unfortunately in mine, none I saw is going to one hair stylist.

Just don't take it personal, please. We'll probably face some cultural differences here and I hope it won't hurt people who are used to do things that in one culture sounds weird and in another is quite common [Image: smile.gif]

Do u live in a small town/blue collar area? I rock the slicked back 'hipster' haircut and sure u get some guys chiding u about it but as long as u dont act gay nobody really gives a shit. What mcqueen says actually coincides with my experiences as well, I've had girls open me asking if I was a model and etc. since wear I live most guys look and are smelly rednecks. When you've got a girl running her hands through your hair at the end of the night, and the buzz cut crew(can look good) are going home alone everyone knows who the winner is

Haircut advice?

Quote: (01-20-2014 09:25 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

"It may sounds gay,"

I remember when trimming my cock and ball hair was a new thing (back in 1999 or so) was considered gay.

Even though it increases sensation, makes it more likely that a girl will suck on your balls, and makes your dick look better.

Guys are weird about fashion. Fashion is a social construct. Go with what women want and what works.

The Founding Fathers wore powdered wigs and white tights.

While declaring war against a monarch.

Was that gay™?

Haircut advice?

In real life the "doing x is gay" crowd always tend to be chubby dorks who dress poorly and stand in the corner of the bar with their five other guy friends.

One of my friends just turned 21 and has over 100 notches. He shaves his chest, gets manicures, pedicures, and paints his toes.

He's also a massive dude who plays football and is pretty much surrounded by girls at all times.

Haircut advice?

Quote: (01-20-2014 06:22 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

Undercuts work well and are a very flexible cut - you can have it longer on the top or have a slight fade between the long hairs at the top and the short buzzed sides and back.

I get a 2 on the sides and the back, and ask them to leave it long on the top, about a 1-1.5 inch. I also ask for it to fade between the top and the side. 2 weeks after the cut it looks great.

I usually get something pretty similar but my hair always ends up slightly shorter on top than I want it because I'm terrible at describing how I want it cut...stole pretty much these exact words and it turned out great. +1.

Haircut advice?

I grew my hair out for a sorta faux pompadour look.

Something like this:
[Image: 02-pompadour-haircut.jpg]

My hair doesn't stand up nicely so I use Brylcreem to get it to stay put. I like the product too as it keeps my hair stupid soft.

Get a good barber when you're growing your hair out. He'll help keep it manageable. I've stopped going to "stylists" once I found an amazing barber.