rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Sapeurs

The Sapeurs

I saw this advert about a week ago at this stage and was kind of hoping someone else would mention it (I'm trying to smash some exams) but upon a forum search I found only iWin mentioning them.
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-28394....ht=Sapeurs

Anyway after watching this Advert, I realised something but it wasn't the fact that these Gentlemen are "peacocking" or whatever, it is the fact that they live in a country ravaged by War, Malaria and a rake of other problems...

Quote:Quote:

The war is the world's deadliest conflict since the Chinese Civil War, killing 5.4 million people since 1998. More than 90% were not killed in combat, dying instead from malaria, diarrhea, pneumonia and malnutrition, aggravated by displaced populations living in unsanitary and over-crowded conditions that lacked access to shelter, water, food and medicine. Forty seven percent of those deaths were children under five

...A Country with the second lowest GDP per capita in the World (But only because Syria hasn't been measured)
And yet, they dress better than half the schmucks in the West.

Point of this spiel was in hope that before you put on that dirty t-shirt you wore yesterday with the stains of your last meal on it, you'd think of these boys and realise that you are being a lazy fuck. That if some poor bastards can afford to buy a nice shirt and a pair of slacks, that maybe, just maybe you might be able to rival their attempts.

Hopefully, you'll up your dress especially during the day.
I swear to you that you'll notice the difference. I know I have.

No excuses.

The Sapeurs

The spirit of the poem Invictus and the flash of the Players Ball. Church.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

The Sapeurs

I've said it before but they make some sick ads.

Also side note: Drinking Guinness as your first drink is a broscience way of holding your drink in.
It's a heavy drink and you really won't in any state of soberness want to shove a lot of drink down your throat.

The Sapeurs

Good video CarCrashKid. I touched on SAPEs(Society of Tastemakers and Elegant People) in my other link which you posted and its a fascinating culture. Some of their rules include leaving the bottom cuff button of their jacket unbuttoned(thus indicating they are rocking a bespoke suit), matching no more than three colors, wearing socks at a certain height and having jacket vents that are at least 32cm. They are mostly conservative and one of their mottos is, “Let’s drop the weapons, let us work and dress elegantly”. This is all in addition to being well read, well spoken, and well groomed. I linked a documentary below that gives some of the history.

They're not bad musicians either.

The Sapeurs

Quote:Quote:

well read, well spoken, and well groomed.

Who does that remind us of?

Interesting documentary as well. Such determination is worthy of respect even for the way they dress.

The Sapeurs

Quote: (01-19-2014 01:00 PM)CarCrashKid Wrote:  

I've said it before but they make some sick ads.

Also side note: Drinking Guinness as your first drink is a broscience way of holding your drink in.
It's a heavy drink and you really won't in any state of soberness want to shove a lot of drink down your throat.

Totally disagree with this.

Guinness is not heavy at all..... I crush these all night long and during drinking games.... I can easily throw them back because they are light and with nitrogen bubbles instead of CO2 you don't get bloated either...

Don't let the color and rumors fool you... Most people that claim they can only get one down and they are full are people who have only ever drank it once and never tried more than one or 2 before.

It also has fewer calories than most light beers, so the boys worried about their figures should drink a guinness[Image: gay.gif]

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

The Sapeurs

You're right.

A minute of internet searching completely disagrees with what I said.
First of all, thank you.

Second of all, let me try that again.
By drinking Guinness instead of something stronger you take in less alcohol but at the same time you have a glass in your hand and take a drink just as often as you would have with something stronger.

So knowing this, it's not that you actually drink less but ingest less alcohol. Hence being less drunk, less likely to throw it back up and again, less likely to become hungover.

I am humbled beneath your knowledge.
Thank you.

The Sapeurs

^^^^ no problem man.... Everyone makes the same mistake when it comes to Guinness, even when I make girls try it in front of me...

I admire your ability to be humble and change your opinion based on facts at hand

The Sapeurs

Jeez, what do I look like a feminist?

The Sapeurs

I too thought Guinness was a heavier and more calorie-dense drink.

It's always been my go-to drink because it's extremely recognizable and a little unique among my age group (20's. Most people in their 20's seem to like light beers like Bud Light and Coors).

The Sapeurs

Guinness is the first thing I ask for when I'm out.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

The Sapeurs

As do I, but now I know why!

The Sapeurs

Guinness is expensive here. A half liter mug of beer is like $6 which is three to four times more expensive than most of other beers. Also, what's the difference between CO2 and Nitro bubbles?

The Sapeurs

People are confusing two completely different types of Guinness beer. IMO, Guinness Draught is just another beer. On the other hand, Guinness Stout is one of the best beers in the world.

Guinness Draught is about 4.0% alcohol and 125 calories while Guinness Extra Stout is about 5.0% alcohol and 150 calories, versus a Budweiser which is about 5.0% alcohol and 140 calories.

Guinness Extra Stout is the only beer that I drink, aside from an occasional micro-brewed stout. I can tell you that it is quite filling.

In sum, they are two completely different types of beer. I once purchased Guinness Draught by mistake. I was like "What the f--k is this s--t!"

BTW: Guinness Stout on tap is so superior in taste to buying it in bottles that I can now only drink it on tap. [Image: cool.gif]

The Sapeurs

Clean taps as well.

If they haven't been used in a while, the absolute shit that comes out is horrible. You have to feel bad for he who gets the first pint.

The Sapeurs

Quote: (01-22-2014 06:07 AM)funkyzeit Wrote:  

Guinness is expensive here. A half liter mug of beer is like $6 which is three to four times more expensive than most of other beers. Also, what's the difference between CO2 and Nitro bubbles?

nitrogen is a lot smaller.... therefore doesnt fill you up or make you bloated.