rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Let's talk pants

Let's talk pants

We got threads on shoes, watches, shirts, undershirts, but no pants. We walking around half-naked? I'm not talking about jeans here...but rather wool dress pants and maybe chinos.

I think pants are among the hardest things to get totally on-point. Especially when it comes to the taper around the ankle.

What are you favorite brands?

Let's talk pants

When it comes to style and clothes, pants is the hardest thing to get right. I usually just wear jeans with everything. I usually get Levis because thats all ive known since I was a kid and didnt really know any better.

I get black levi pants

[Image: 00505-0462BLK-LEVIS-1.JPG]

and regular levi jeans

[Image: levis.jpg]

My style in pants needs work, this is really all I buy. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Let's talk pants

I think a lot depends on your legs. If you have huge quads you have to wear different pants than someone with thinner legs. For every-day jeans I wear Levi's 511 (from Levi's store, not from a mall; they are different). For dressier jeans, I wear Joe's Jeans. Both in dark blue.

Let's talk pants

Incotex and Mabitex for high end trousers.

Everyday use, mall brand pants like Banana Republic or J.Crew.

Going out? Express or something trendy and cheap

Let's talk pants

Quote: (01-16-2014 10:46 AM)Menace Wrote:  

I think a lot depends on your legs. If you have huge quads you have to wear different pants than someone with thinner legs. For every-day jeans I wear Levi's 511 (from Levi's store, not from a mall; they are different). For dressier jeans, I wear Joe's Jeans. Both in dark blue.

I like wearing Buckle brand jeans. They are well priced, last "me" a good while, and fashionable. No..they aren't the high end ones that Nordstrom or other places sell but they work for me.
[Image: 14410ABM1837_EVS_lg_v1_m56577569834861972.jpg]

Let's talk pants

Quote: (01-16-2014 11:09 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Incotex and Mabitex for high end trousers.

Everyday use, mall brand pants like Banana Republic or J.Crew.

Going out? Express or something trendy and cheap

Express's jeans just have a weird fit to them. I'm short and pretty lean though. I have to get them altered, but they still don't seem right. I stopped shopping there. I did recently get a suit and some nice dress shirts from there at 50% off.

Let's talk pants

I've always thought that comments about fit are weird because everyone has a different body.
And I'm pretty sure the op discussion is not about jeans.

Let's talk pants

Quote: (01-16-2014 11:17 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

I've always thought that comments about fit are weird because everyone has a different body.
And I'm pretty sure the op discussion is not about jeans.

That's cool. I was just speaking of jeans because someone else posted about them, haha. I actually don't know anyone that likes the fit of Express jeans so that's my 2 cents on that brand.

Let's talk pants

Deleted as none of the links were working and I didn't read the original post properly lol

Let's talk pants

^^^ None of those links work, and yes, this is specifically NOT about jeans. This is formal/business-casual pants.

Let's talk pants

Quote: (01-16-2014 12:37 PM)Menace Wrote:  

^^^ None of those links work, and yes, this is specifically NOT about jeans. This is formal/business-casual pants.

Ah really?

Fair enough, I've deleted the post it as I don't know how to make the links work and it's potentially off-topic.

Though I always wear jeans where dress pants are usually worn, it's a hard look to do, but I think they can apply to a discussion which includes chinos (providing they're fashionable and can be justified that is. I.e not like the Buckle ones above, to put it bluntly).

Anyway, ignore me and carry on gents:

Let's talk pants

Can anyone recommend jeans that fit a muscular/athletic build? I find that most jeans are either cut too slim for my quads/ass or are very loose all around and look like shit.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Let's talk pants

Quote: (01-16-2014 02:13 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Can anyone recommend jeans that fit a muscular/athletic build? I find that most jeans are either cut too slim for my quads/ass or are very loose all around and look like shit.

Il just copy my answer from another thread:

Just wanted to share this. Ive been looking for good looking jeans for a while now that fit me well. I go to gym and squat, my quads are 68cm (26.7inch). Found these Levis 508 and size 34/32 fits me perfectly, not too tight, not too loose. Im sure some guys here have same problem of finding good fitting jeans. Try this model.

[Image: 196693302991395581_51cc5181edfc11.jpg]

Let's talk pants

Wool Blackwatch pants.

[Image: tumblr_lfte4zSbGs1qdxoa9o1_500.jpg]

Let's talk pants

I have some questions. I say jeans but it can be any type of pants, but I am trying to minimize the "it depends" answer.

How much do you usually spend on a pair of jeans?

How long do your jeans last?

Let's talk pants

I wear RW & Co. dress pants.
My legs are fairly long so nothing under a 33 inseam will be long enough.
They fit nicely and are fairly high quality.

Let's talk pants

Quote: (01-16-2014 02:13 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Try Lucky boot cut:

[Image: lucky-brand-boot-cut-jeans-washlook-143417-4.jpg]

Let's talk pants

I really have gotten into Gustin jeans. They're crowd sourced, so you get the higher end denim for less. The only problem is the wait!

Let's talk pants

Quote: (01-16-2014 07:00 PM)stranger Wrote:  

I have some questions. I say jeans but it can be any type of pants, but I am trying to minimize the "it depends" answer.

How much do you usually spend on a pair of jeans?

How long do your jeans last?

Jeans - usually about 50, my fave pair is 100. But they aren't "showpiece" jeans. No Japanese denim. Not opposed to it, but that's not really my demographic anymore.

Pants for work - I go with wool slacks, 60-85 typically, up to 150. Casual friday - 80 chinos.

Pants for going out - something that might be stylish, might be colorful, might only be cool for a summer/fall season? 70.

Weekend? - khakis, combat bdu's?, cargos? - never more than 50

Except for the going pants - most of mine last me years. I'm more likely to lose weight or gain weight before I wear them out.

WIA

Let's talk pants

People will probly rip on me but I got some
Supposedly "100 % Italian wool" slacks from Kirkland- yeah costco, and had them tailored. They look legit for the price and by the time a chick finds out they're from costco you're already where you want to be

Let's talk pants

Boot Cuts? really? You will look 'ancient' if you wear those these days. (might be ok in suburban areas)
I don't think I can wear those true religion, 7 for all mankind, G-star raw jeans anymore.

Anyways, it really depends on where you are.

The current trend I say, is 'Guys' pants are getting tighter while cell phones are getting bigger'

I was wearing straight pants in LA. Around those fashionable people, my pants felt too Baggy. So I grabbed few Slim pants.

I say try to wear something that's bit slimmer than you used to wear.

Dockers D1 is good. I really like pants from Bar III from Macys. Slim fit from express is not bad either.

Let's talk pants

Here is what I have worn recently that I found comfortable, looked good, and was a reasonable price:

John Henry brown for work
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BTR0...UTF8&psc=1

Leet's jeans
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005IG7...UTF8&psc=1

Dockers (navy color) for work
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008269...UTF8&psc=1

Lee's jeans
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003PBX...UTF8&psc=1

I didn't buy clothing on Amazon before but if you shop around, you can find some stylish clothing for pretty good prices. If it doesn't fit, you can return it to Amazon for free. Amazon has good deals around the holidays, and after Christmas.

Let's talk pants

Hey there,

As I'm a tall (6"2) but thin (70kg / that would make it 150 pounds) guy with big feet (47 / 12), when I go for jean's, I always go for bootcut, and Levi's 512 / 527 in particular.

They might make you look a little old fashioned, though it's the perfect cut, since it falls perfectly on the shoes and doesn't make you swim in your pants at the level of quads.

Someone mentionned the price of pants, I wish I was in the US where Levi's jeans cost about half of the price they cost in France (here it's about 100-110$ when no sales)

Let's talk pants

Worn out dry denim looks dope as hell. The swedish brand nudie fades good with time

[Image: nudiesky_1.jpg]

[Image: jeans.jpg]

[Image: nudie_jeans_2010_fall_winter_booklet.jpg]

Let's talk pants

Pants:
banana republic slim cut
Ralph Lauren
Dockers alpha

Jeans:
Naked and famous weird guy fit
APC standards
Levi's 501 stf to wear around at work

I usually go for raw dry denim and fade out the jeans with time. But I wear more pants then jeans honestly. I'll probably only stock 2 pairs of jeans at any given time.