rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Would The Game Change If Weed Were Legalized?

It looks like weed will become increasingly legal in the coming years. How will this affect the game?

I don't smoke pot, so my intuition about this is a little weak. I just get exposure through friends and girls that do. Curious to hear from guys with more experience with this.

If weed could be served in bars and cafes, will those be good places to game?

Would easy weed draw men out of the bars and help sex ratios there?

Or will easy weed make people retreat into their social circles even more?

Will weed increase the volume and ratio of girls in venues good for macking?

Will a culture where weed displaces the prevalence of drinking somewhat lead to more stable relationships and fewer hookups?

What will happen to the libidos of typical men and women?

Will drug game with weed become as ineffective as offering a girl a drink?

Who will get more pussy and who will get less in the age of weed?

Or will the changes be rather subtle? I already live in California. I can't be certain, but I feel like there are a lot of people, girls included, who go out less than they would if weed were not available. Which is great if you already know her and are trying to get in her pants, but not if you don't.

"Let's go smoke a bowl" is one of the most effective lines to get a chick back to your place. So if it's legalized and one is allowed to smoke out in the open, this will make isolation at your pad much much harder.

IME high girls are horny girls (unless they are too high), especially when isolated.

I have found that weed promotes existing social circles. When you're getting high with someone, "intruders" from the outside world are a big distraction, so a "weed bar" would not be a good place to game for cold approach, but warm approaches and social circle would be game-on.

There won't be any difference. People who want to toke already do, the only difference will be that it will be more visible. Stoners aren't generally a demographic which goes out clubbing very often, so I wouldn't expect any differences in sex ratios etc either.

Freshblood, that's what I was thinking. If you don't have to go home to do it any more, than you won't. If alcohol was contraband, no doubt telling a girl 'hey come back for a little tequila' would be much more effective - and make more sense when she can't get it from a public venue.

"There won't be any difference. "

Highly doubt that. Alcohol companies are one of the biggest lobbyists against legalizing weed. Legalized weed, depending on the implementation, could change the nightlife scene dramatically. Maybe someone who has lived in a place where this is already the case can elaborate.

I'm like Basilransom in that I don't smoke weed. Being high on weed definitely enhances the senses; music sounds better, food tastes better, and fucking feels better.

Most of the girls I know and have been with don't smoke weed. Some might if it's there and being offered, but it's not something they specifically look for.

I think things may change depending on how it becomes advertised - and embraced - after legalization. If it will become widespread remains to be seen. The demographic lining up outside of the dispensaries right now in CO gives no indication of mainstream appeal.

A couple different girls come to mind:

Girl 1: dated briefly several months ago. She would smoke daily, and almost never went out to bars except when her friends from work would invite her. Met her online. On the one hand, legalized weed could lead to more people behaving like her, avoiding the nightlife scene, staying at home. Or people would smoke weed while out - would they smoke weed eith friends? If hooka bars are any indication, this will be much more of a social circle affair, which is bad for us players. Hmm, not good.

Girl 2 & 3: I fucked #2 and am still talking to her, she smokes weed frequently and does other drugs on occasion. #3 smokes pot regularly too, but I havent met her yet. She seems the type to do hard drugs occasionally too. Both I met online. And both are fucking ridiculous when it comes to meeting up. They won't respond when you try to plan something ahead of time, and then they'll hit you up out of the blue at a bad time to meet up. Super annoying.

Quote: (01-07-2014 05:55 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

A couple different girls come to mind:

Girl 1: dated briefly several months ago. She would smoke daily, and almost never went out to bars except when her friends from work would invite her. Met her online. On the one hand, legalized weed could lead to more people behaving like her, avoiding the nightlife scene, staying at home. Or people would smoke weed while out - would they smoke weed eith friends? If hooka bars are any indication, this will be much more of a social circle affair, which is bad for us players. Hmm, not good.

Girl 2 & 3: I fucked #2 and am still talking to her, she smokes weed frequently and does other drugs on occasion. #3 smokes pot regularly too, but I havent met her yet. She seems the type to do hard drugs occasionally too. Both I met online. And both are fucking ridiculous when it comes to meeting up. They won't respond when you try to plan something ahead of time, and then they'll hit you up out of the blue at a bad time to meet up. Super annoying.

Well, if they're online girls then I'm not sure weed has much to do with their behavior. Many girls you haven't met yet would be prone to flaking or delaying anyway.

Will be interesting to see what happens if big companies get involved in the commercialization of weed products.

I could see it being a good thing overall. If weed becomes more popular after legalization, you can buy weed legally like alcohol and keep a stash in the crib for when you have girls over. That might aid in getting an SNL when you meet a chick out and offer her to come over to your spot to have some smoke.

If you smoke, it would be great to have a weed cafe culture in your city.

I'd love to meet a girl for a drink at a bar (I still think bars are much better for an initial meet up), take her back to a weed cafe (ideally one with a terrace), and then take her back home (ideally close to said terraced cafe) for some sensually-heightened sexy time.

I wouldn't stop going to bars though. I'd potentially end up going to more concerts and shows though, because smoking and music go so well together. Music, weed, and a cute girl makes for a good time. Sex + Weed makes for a great time.

I don't think it would affect game very much, because people who want to smoke already smoke, so the changing legal status would potentially just add different venues to go to.

Weed being legal doesn't change availability all that much; it's pretty easy to get now. If there're designated cafes/bars where public consumption is permitted they ought to be decent locations for gaming.

Instead of the Free Love 60's like NYC and SF, we're going to get a corporate Amsterdam.

20 years from now, weed won't be so "counter-cultural". I wouldn't be surprised of RJR and Coors start buying up dispensaries, cause weed cuts into both of their bottom lines.

In terms of game, guys who do harder drugs will get the trickle up effect. Squares who only drink, will probably lose out as not being "adventurous" enough.

WIA

I can't imagine it making a huge difference. Im guessing jobs will still piss test so its not like girls will be going crazy snd hotboxing their cars. Smokers will be even more stoned and more people will puff on the occasional joint than right now. I mean I don't know any young person who won't take a hit because its illegal. They don't like the high or are scared of their job testing.

@basil: Weed isn't legal in my hometown but it is in Seattle. I don't notice a difference in nightlife. I've also openly smoked weed in Berlin -- nobody cares.

The stigma of weed will last longer than its illegality. First it becomes legal but illegal to obtain, grow, buy/sell (current state). Then it becomes completely legal but some establishments will ask people to smoke it further away from the front door than those with cigarettes. Then it becomes so commercialized and overexposed that "hey, wanna get high?" doesn't illicit any of the rebel without a cause / badboy reactions.

the peer review system
put both
Socrates and Jesus
to death
-GBFM

Much more "bring movies" game

Where I live, San Francisco, weed is essentially legal.

The only change in gaming this causes is that it gives you one more option to use to try and get girls intoxicated.

It's another tool for our tool belt.

Quote: (01-08-2014 03:22 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

The only change in gaming this causes is that it gives you one more option to use to try and get girls intoxicated.

Agreed. I use the "u wanna smoke" as a way to get back to my place.

Quote: (01-08-2014 03:22 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Yeah. I have a license (now expired but still useful) from the time I lived there and would hit up dispensaries as needed.

I can't pull on weed. I can get numbers left and right as it makes me super social, but when it comes to pulling weed kills my libido. Anyone else have this experience?

Quote: (01-10-2014 02:34 AM)jtbabycarrots Wrote:  

I can't pull on weed. I can get numbers left and right as it makes me super social, but when it comes to pulling weed kills my libido. Anyone else have this experience?

Try different strains and different growers. I prefer out doors "all natural" but in the North East, i'm stuck with hydroponic junk in the winter.

Strains however are key. Some can get you going, others won't. Heck you may be the type where your libidio gets destroyed. Maybe smoke less? [Image: undecided.gif]

2017 Bump

Legalization is becoming a strong possibility. I've never smoked weed, and take a Jeff Sessions stance on the substance.

I think the legalization will definitely change the game. Not over night, but there will be changes.

Clubs will lose their appeal, the allure to get fucked up will fade. Girls can go to low-key hookah-bar-like places to smoke weed and socialize.

Dates will change. Girls will want to leave the bar to smoke more often. Using weed as bait will become very effective.

"Edibles & chill?"

Ask the Dutch

Quote: (03-04-2017 11:10 PM)Green-On-GO Wrote:  

Ask the Dutch

Paging Neil aka Spike?!?!

In general, I think that smoking weed is a negative vice that will most often harm relationships. I say this as someone who smokes anywhere from multiple times per day to once a week depending on my mindset. I started smoking relatively late in life, in college, and it was an awesome and perhaps necessary experience. Nowadays when I get high I get very anxious and I over-analyze all social interactions sometimes to the point of paranoia - from what I understand, many smokers hit this stage at some point.

I've smoked with girls on dates before and it definitely hurt my game. I think it hurts my confidence the most. Usually I like to be the cool guy that is laid back and lets the conversation flow but most importantly am ready to escalate when the time is right. However after smoking I became uptight and constantly nervous that whatever I was about to say would be viewed negatively. It just doesn't work for me, but I could see it being very beneficial for guys that can keep their cool while high. You just gotta know your target and ask her to smoke if you think you can still vibe with her while high. I'd say that somewhere around 50% of girls are down to smoke, and probably 95% of them won't judge you negatively if you bring it up. I think having a good read on your girl is the main component here. If you get her to smoke with you, you're money.

As far as legalization goes...I think that once weed is legal, it will be less attractive to girls than illegal weed. The current laws enable the whole bad-boy, rule-breaker stereotype and we're all aware of it. With that being said, I think it still depends on how you react to weed and also your read on your girl. Are you gonna smoke weed and then dive into philosophical conversations about the purpose of the human race, or are you gonna get silly and pull her into you as you watch the first 2 minutes of an episode of South Park?

Weed being legal wouldn't change much as far as game goes. The only difference is that more people would use it. A lot of girls like to smoke it before sex, just like a lot of girls like to drink before sex.

Weed is a soft drug like alcohol. Was the game flipped on its head during prohibition? I doubt it.

Quote: (03-04-2017 11:32 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

Quote: (03-04-2017 11:10 PM)Green-On-GO Wrote:  

Ask the Dutch

Paging Neil aka Spike?!?!

I spent some time in Amsterdam recently and had a great time.

Go to a coffeeshop. Get some green.

Walk next door to bar, roll a joint. Start a conversation with the dutch kids next to me.

Smoking improved my game. Heck it was what got me the most action when I was playing the field years ago!

@StackGSMan

I doubt that, in the Netherlands weed usage is lower then in other European countries where it is illegal.

The illegality varies among countries, and have to say that in Spain and Czech weed usage is high but isnt really punished, yet being illegal. In France people also smoke a lot and can bring one in trouble, in France enforcement is stronger. But in Holland where it is legal, weed is a bit frowned upon by many girls if you smoke regularly. In a party/nightlife setting and in international crowds this is much less the case, though. But it's not really that weed is accepted as alcohol is by society, yet lost the coolness factor with Dutch girls maybe a bit.