rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best destinations for new travelers? (How To Plan a Balling Trip)

Hey guys,

I thought I would post here and ask, since there are so many seasoned travelers on this forum. Where would you recommend for a new traveler to visit? A top 5 or 10 list could potentially be constructed on the basis of where is most happening, women, CPI, sights etc. At this point in time, I have only been to the U.S (NYC and Kentucky) and Cuba, but am looking to find top destinations getting the most bang for my buck. From your experience, and in following the key components of a baller trip, where would you recommend?

Key Components of a Baller Trip:

Sights and Adventures: Having access to historically and geographically interesting places. Diverse/Fascinating cultures where-in something can either be learned or observed to come out of the trip with a great experience. Landmarks or expeditions, such as mountains or hiking trails. Activities like scuba diving, spelunking, sky diving, hang gliding etc. Overall beautiful scenery.

Women: Exotic beauties, not stuck up or resistant to "western men." Basically places to game hotties and pick up while not completely fluent in the countries native language. (I am a white dude from Canada around 5"10, speak French at a somewhat conversational level and a beginner in Spanish. Language learning is relatively easy for me, though I haven't taken the time to become multi-lingual.)

Budget: Cheapest places to fly in and out of, or within the country to other destinations. Accommodations and food, taking into consideration the CPI and cost of bars, restaurants and attractions.

Ease of entry/exit: Ability to enter and travel to and from other countries easily and without many border interruptions.

So guys, lets put our man power together and try and figure out the top places for new travelers! Each country is good but where are the must see places!! I'm really interested to start traveling and want to make sure I hit up the best spots and have a trip made for a real connoisseur. Thanks in advance for the help and input. [Image: banana.gif]

I think that Thailand pretty much ticks all of your boxes, you can check some of the data sheets I posted about my travels there (and the many others), I wasn't into the women so much but that's where I began training Muay Thai and did scuba diving and those were both awesome experiences. Since you're a young Canadian, I would travel with this group on one of their 21 day travel adventures, I have a few friends from Alberta who travelled with them and they had a blast. I also ran into the groups twice while in Thailand and the ratios were crazy like 16 girls to 4 guys and they're always like that. Philippines would be a decent option too, local ladies are nice and easy but there's not nearly as many hot Euro chicks running around there.

Dominican Republic, since you already have some Spanish down.

There are lots of forum members here, you'll have a good time. Women are friendly and attractive. There are lots of beaches in the country too.

scotian: I believe I've seen that actually scotian! Totally forgot about that gem. I think I would definitely do one of those trips except maybe for the 40 day adventure instead. 20 Days is 3K and 40 Days is 4K, worth it in my opinion. What countries have you been to?

torontokid: I've heard mixed results about Dominican Republic, granted they have been mostly about touristy trips. Have you or anyone you know spent time there renting a place?

Quote: (01-06-2014 10:07 PM)TravellingSoldier Wrote:  

scotian: I believe I've seen that actually scotian! Totally forgot about that gem. I think I would definitely do one of those trips except maybe for the 40 day adventure instead. 20 Days is 3K and 40 Days is 4K, worth it in my opinion. What countries have you been to?

torontokid: I've heard mixed results about Dominican Republic, granted they have been mostly about touristy trips. Have you or anyone you know spent time there renting a place?

Here in the DR right now.

If you like asses this place is great for you.

Safety wise, just be smart and hang out with other forum members if you are out at night.

Quote: (01-06-2014 10:12 PM)torontokid Wrote:  

Quote: (01-06-2014 10:07 PM)TravellingSoldier Wrote:  

Here in the DR right now.

If you like asses this place is great for you.

Safety wise, just be smart and hang out with other forum members if you are out at night.

Makes sense, as goes with most 3rd world countries I'd assume. I've heard Jamaica is dangerous, especially for women. Good thing I've got a penis (albeit small) so I don't have to worry.

I do like booties though most definitely, and I know latinas are where it's at. I will keep Dom. Republic in mind for sure!

Costa Rica doesn't get a lot of love on the forum, but for a first time solo traveller would it be a decent place to start for a 2 week trip from the States?

Just looking for some feedback. I know DR is the popular choice for players in the States on quick trips.

another vote for Thailand.

You guys agree with scotian in that I should go on a pre-made trip with a company like https://www.freeandeasytraveler.com? It would definitely be the safest way considering I've never done solo, I'm just wondering about the freedom to do stuff without the group... Specifically like the Muay Thai lessons, scuba diving or even a short massage course. Always down to improve my skill set, in any way possible. Women like massages so I figure can't hurt. In SA I'll probably take dancing lessons too lol.

Quote: (01-06-2014 10:47 PM)MasculineProfiles Wrote:  

Costa Rica doesn't get a lot of love on the forum, but for a first time solo traveller would it be a decent place to start for a 2 week trip from the States?

Just looking for some feedback. I know DR is the popular choice for players in the States on quick trips.

I personally think Costa Rica is the shit for a lot of reasons and wish I had spent more time there.

Quote: (01-07-2014 01:00 AM)Capitán Peligroso Wrote:  

Quote: (01-06-2014 10:47 PM)MasculineProfiles Wrote:  

I personally think Costa Rica is the shit for a lot of reasons and wish I had spent more time there.

Tons of amazing waterfalls there from what I've seen!

Quote: (01-06-2014 11:26 PM)TravellingSoldier Wrote:  

You guys agree with scotian in that I should go on a pre-made trip with a company like https://www.freeandeasytraveler.com? It would definitely be the safest way considering I've never done solo, I'm just wondering about the freedom to do stuff without the group... Specifically like the Muay Thai lessons, scuba diving or even a short massage course. Always down to improve my skill set, in any way possible. Women like massages so I figure can't hurt. In SA I'll probably take dancing lessons too lol.

That's why I suggested the 21 day trip, everything is taken care of and you're surrounded by girls on the trip, of course you can bang some of them but you'll also have social proof when you're with the group at a full moon party with 20,000 drunk retards, if I was 18-25, I would do it, but I"m not. Once you finish the three week group trip, set aside another 2-3 weeks for yourself to do whatever activities you want to do. Actually you can still travel around with the group and even stay at the places they're at. After three weeks you should have a good idea of what places you liked or if you want to go explore other areas, you should have to confidence to do so on your own. Most guys on here are against group travel and myself, I wouldn't do it at my age, but since you're young and not an experienced traveler, I think the group thing would suit you fine. It may not be the most "authentic" way to experience a place like Thailand, the focus is mostly on getting wasted and partying at beaches, which should be what you be after, at your age.

I haven't been to Costa Rica or Peru but they seem like decent places to check out, especially for outdoor activities, I honestly wouldn't recommend Colombia for first time travellers, especially if you're Spanish isn't great. Jamaica can be good if you like smoking dope, drinking rum and chasing black girls, but I wouldn't recommend as its rather expensive, the locals are aggressive hustlers and I get bored there after a week.

Southern Europe can be a good option too, I don't have much experience there but I've heard good things about the Greek islands and southern Portugal (Lagos). Just keep reading data sheets on here and try to figure out something that suits you but like I say, I don't think you can go wrong with Thailand.

Quote: (01-07-2014 01:17 PM)scotian Wrote:  

That's why I suggested the 21 day trip, everything is taken care of and you're surrounded by girls on the trip, of course you can bang some of them but you'll also have social proof when you're with the group at a full moon party with 20,000 drunk retards, if I was 18-25, I would do it, but I"m not. Once you finish the three week group trip, set aside another 2-3 weeks for yourself to do whatever activities you want to do. Actually you can still travel around with the group and even stay at the places they're at. After three weeks you should have a good idea of what places you liked or if you want to go explore other areas, you should have to confidence to do so on your own. Most guys on here are against group travel and myself, I wouldn't do it at my age, but since you're young and not an experienced traveler, I think the group thing would suit you fine. It may not be the most "authentic" way to experience a place like Thailand, the focus is mostly on getting wasted and partying at beaches, which should be what you be after, at your age.

I haven't been to Costa Rica or Peru but they seem like decent places to check out, especially for outdoor activities, I honestly wouldn't recommend Colombia for first time travellers, especially if you're Spanish isn't great. Jamaica can be good if you like smoking dope, drinking rum and chasing black girls, but I wouldn't recommend as its rather expensive, the locals are aggressive hustlers and I get bored there after a week.

Southern Europe can be a good option too, I don't have much experience there but I've heard good things about the Greek islands and southern Portugal (Lagos). Just keep reading data sheets on here and try to figure out something that suits you but like I say, I don't think you can go wrong with Thailand.

From what I've heard Europe is awesome but I'm saving that for after the tropics and Asia. I don't really have a desire to go to Australia or NZ at this point in time either because it's comparable to North America in a lot of ways... But I'm into extreme sports and would love to go skydiving there (hopefully wingsuit jumping one day in the future) and most likely try to pick up some surfing.

That's a really good idea though man thank you for the suggestion!! It makes sense, at least while traveling is brand new to me. I should be somewhat comfortable in the place I plan to venture around alone. I will most likely do that. It's probably best to get established before taking time off so I will most likely wait until I'm a 2nd year electrician to do the big vacation. Honestly though... the big reason I want to hit up Colombia is to see Medellin. If you're a fan of Entourage you'll get it lmao

Anyways thanks for the advice everyone! Should we make a poll or something? Maybe discuss best places for lengthy vacations vs places that are cool for short stints?

One vote for Mexico.

Awesome culture, amazing food, nice people.
Both DF and Guadalajara have very sexy women running around. I found a good % of them to speak a decent level of English, especially in DF. I will be spending a few months in GDL in March.

My vote is for Costa Rica as well. I will quote what I wrote about a trip taken near the end of 2012

Quote:Quote:

Girls:

There's some nice talent here. The typical girl from Costa Rica is thin, light-skinned (word to Choche), with a pretty face and long black hair. There's also some diversity with girls whose look is more Indian, European, or African. You don't have the bodies with the surreal tits and ass like you can see in the DR, but the faces are a lot nicer in Costa Rica.

Ticas don't get wet at the sight of passing gringos like in Manaus, but they speak conversational English and are still open to meeting foreign men, even though there is also a dedicated presence of genuine whoremongers who are there for the hookers. These guys are mostly older and won't stray three blocks from the Del Rey Hotel. The younger tourist brigades skip over San Jose for a more "authentic" experience in the jungle.

Ticas are open to getting fucked on the first night. While I did see some large mixed groups out at night, there are still girls out in groups of 2 or 3.

For these reasons, I think San Jose is a good destination for the novice traveler.

Once you get your dick wet in San Jose, you can explore the jungles and beaches of Costa Rica. You can even hop on a bus to Nicaragua or Panama if you're so inclined. The one downside of Costa Rica is that it doesn't really have a distinctive culture like Mexico or Brazil.

I'm in a similar position but steering towards Thailand at the moment because it just seems like a safe bet.

Quote: (01-07-2014 05:46 PM)Bacchus Wrote:  

My vote is for Costa Rica as well. I will quote what I wrote about a trip taken near the end of 2012

Quote:Quote:

Girls:

There's some nice talent here. The typical girl from Costa Rica is thin, light-skinned (word to Choche), with a pretty face and long black hair. There's also some diversity with girls whose look is more Indian, European, or African. You don't have the bodies with the surreal tits and ass like you can see in the DR, but the faces are a lot nicer in Costa Rica.

Ticas don't get wet at the sight of passing gringos like in Manaus, but they speak conversational English and are still open to meeting foreign men, even though there is also a dedicated presence of genuine whoremongers who are there for the hookers. These guys are mostly older and won't stray three blocks from the Del Rey Hotel. The younger tourist brigades skip over San Jose for a more "authentic" experience in the jungle.

Ticas are open to getting fucked on the first night. While I did see some large mixed groups out at night, there are still girls out in groups of 2 or 3.

For these reasons, I think San Jose is a good destination for the novice traveler.

Once you get your dick wet in San Jose, you can explore the jungles and beaches of Costa Rica. You can even hop on a bus to Nicaragua or Panama if you're so inclined. The one downside of Costa Rica is that it doesn't really have a distinctive culture like Mexico or Brazil.

Just read your CR datasheet and it seems that you weren't a big fan of the Caribbean coast, did it suck overall or were the women just not your style? I heard that Puerto Viejo was a pretty good time.

Ay dios mio... Have any of you guys seen the french polynesian islands? Bora Bora and Tahiti look like the closest thing to paradise I could ever imagine.

Quote: (01-07-2014 08:55 PM)TravellingSoldier Wrote:  

Ay dios mio... Have any of you guys seen the french polynesian islands? Bora Bora and Tahiti look like the closest thing to paradise I could ever imagine.

Probably a good honey moon destination, not so sure it would be that great for a young single dude. Trust me, some of the beaches in Thailand and the Philippines will blow your mind away.

Quote: (01-07-2014 08:33 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Just read your CR datasheet and it seems that you weren't a big fan of the Caribbean coast, did it suck overall or were the women just not your style? I heard that Puerto Viejo was a pretty good time.

I will the coast credit- the beaches were amazing. Clear, warm water on long beaches with trees everywhere. I don't surf, but I didn't hear many complaints from those who do. The downside is that the towns caters to filthy backpackers, which means that the bars have way more Germans with dreadlocks than locals. That just isn't my scene. If I'm outside of the US, I don't even want to see another American girl if I don't have to.

I actually went to Puerto Viejo. The local men were a negative for me. They try to hustle you at all times and don't stop their pitch if you ignore them. They will see you walking down the road or the beach and say, "I got that smoke, man." Then the next guy will say, "Best ganja here." The only place I went with more insistent hustlers was Negril, Jamaica. I can't really say much about the local women because I didn't see too many when I was out.

So, in summary, the beaches were good, but I didn't like the vibe of the town. Maybe there's a better place on the coast that someone can chime in with, but I'd avoid that part of the country.

Quote: (01-07-2014 09:09 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Quote: (01-07-2014 08:55 PM)TravellingSoldier Wrote:  

Probably a good honey moon destination, not so sure it would be that great for a young single dude. Trust me, some of the beaches in Thailand and the Philippines will blow your mind away.

Even in Cuba actually, we took a catamaran about 45 mins off the coast of Varadero to a smaller island with a little restaurant and dock. White sand beach, perfect water... unbelievable scenery.

Moments like those are perfected with just a hammock and cerveza

Quote: (01-07-2014 10:46 PM)Bacchus Wrote:  

Quote: (01-07-2014 08:33 PM)scotian Wrote:  

I will the coast credit- the beaches were amazing. Clear, warm water on long beaches with trees everywhere. I don't surf, but I didn't hear many complaints from those who do. The downside is that the towns caters to filthy backpackers, which means that the bars have way more Germans with dreadlocks than locals. That just isn't my scene. If I'm outside of the US, I don't even want to see another American girl if I don't have to.

I actually went to Puerto Viejo. The local men were a negative for me. They try to hustle you at all times and don't stop their pitch if you ignore them. They will see you walking down the road or the beach and say, "I got that smoke, man." Then the next guy will say, "Best ganja here." The only place I went with more insistent hustlers was Negril, Jamaica. I can't really say much about the local women because I didn't see too many when I was out.

So, in summary, the beaches were good, but I didn't like the vibe of the town. Maybe there's a better place on the coast that someone can chime in with, but I'd avoid that part of the country.

They tried selling me weed and shit in Cuba too. I was like no thank you, I'd rather not be arrested in a Communist nation lmao

I've actually done 3 trips with Free & Easy and I'd totally recommend em. scotian is right about the ratio, I've never been in a group that wasn't almost completely girls, with 2 or 3 guys mixed in. And they definitely let you do whatever you want. You don't have to stay with the group constantly, you could totally go for muay thai or scuba by yourself if you wanted...but generally the group would be into it too so you'd have friends to bring if you wanted. I've done Thailand, Philippines and Nicaragua with them so feel free to ask me any questions if you're into those spots.

I vote Thailand. Good infrastructure, very foreign but not dangerous, great value for money in lodging and food. The only expensive thing is the airfare, and really not much more than any other place, you'll make up the marginal cost in other ways.