rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lake Balaton Sound Festival - Hungary 10-13 July 2014

Has anyone been to this?

I'm trying to plan 15 days in Europe summer 2014 and I'm thinking of spending all of them in Hungary, beginning with the Lake Balaton festival.

[Image: jpQuZJF.png]

From the website

Quote:Quote:

€130 four days:
Full Balaton Sound experience for 4 days!
+ 1 Intro Party on Day 0 (9 July) also included
Free beach at the largest lake in Central Europe within the festival area
Camping possibility + services not included
http://www.sziget.hu/balatonsound_english/ticket

RVF, hit me with any intel you have on this

Or could skip the festival and do Romania instead?

I think Hungary is great, somewhat fewer pretty girls than the Czech Republic but a more interesting place. I haven't been to Lake Balaton but I've been wanting to go for while. I say just go do it.

Never been but it would be a good festival.

I believe Jamoriquai made an appearance last year.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

if u go... ill roll also, provided we get alittle more intel

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

There is also the Exit festival in Serbia which also has a nice lineup, I am sure there is a thread on here about it,

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Here is the website for the event.

http://www.sziget.hu/balatonsound_english/ticket

In my opinion your best bet would be to rent an apartment in the town where the festival is, and just buy the pass (but do that in advance because there might be a shortage of free apartments during the festival). If you don't mind camping , then you can do that as well. You can't bring liquour inside, and the prices are really expensive compared to normal prices. Predrink at the apartment, then head to the venue.

Basically there are two towns around the Lake Balaton, which have a lots of bars/discos. Siófok and Balatonfüred. These places are popping in July and August. Make sure to check out those places as well.

Elhungaro thanks for dropping a gem +1 my friend. I'm going to start negotiating some prices, an apartment stocked with booze (will bring my harman kardon speakers too for beats) sounds better than a tent.

This will be sun, music and pussy in a beautiful setting. I'm going to flesh this one out soon.

Go to Siófok and the nearby town of Zamardi around the 10 or so of July. Just follow the noise, the party and the girls.

Quote: (01-06-2014 01:01 PM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

Elhungaro thanks for dropping a gem +1 my friend. I'm going to start negotiating some prices, an apartment stocked with booze (will bring my harman kardon speakers too for beats) sounds better than a tent.

This will be sun, music and pussy in a beautiful setting. I'm going to flesh this one out soon.

Thanks man. Enjoy. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

By the way, a good site to start searching for apartments is this:

http://szallas.hu/

Quote: (01-05-2014 08:01 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

There is also the Exit festival in Serbia which also has a nice lineup, I am sure there is a thread on here about it,

Exit festival is great, but Hungarians are more DTF. Your best chance of hooking up at Exit is with English girls

So Im already gonna be in Hungary during the Balatan festival.
Im really considering going to both Sziget and Balatan.

Is one better than the other?
Balatan is the earlier festival... Excuse me asking..do people go here just to chill at the lake and listen to music? or does it become an all out clothes optional party?
Is camping really not good enough?
For the price and the line up is looks awesome to begin with..if Im already living in budapest..why not make the bus/train ride to the lake.

I am the cock carousel

Chill? It's a nonstop party as long as the festival is on. Expect enough alcohol to stop a train and not sleeping much as long as it's on. Pick your own pace, tho. Many people here start drinking at 6 am.

Pd, if any of you expect to be the only foreigner and be very unique, take a time machine to 1995.

So...boys... Who is hitting the gym to get ripped for Balaton?

I am the cock carousel

see you fuckers at balaton

I am the cock carousel

I'm missing the festival but will be in Budapest around 30 Aug - 3 Sept and again for most of the Xmas break

So I just go back from the festival.

It is not a cock fest.
Their is a decent ratio..But its no way whatsoever a cockfest.
I stayed in campsite 2 which is a further walk from the festival.. probably a good ten minutes but i never actually paced it.

Getting in

Transportation is extremely easy from either the airport or from the city.
I don't know how much a train or bus would be from the airport via Public transportation but its a hell of a lot cheaper than using the private buses.
People told me they paid 25 euro for the airport bus transfers.

Since I'm living in the city I just took a train from Deli Palyuadvar to Zamardi which costed about 8 euro.

From their.. you pretty much get off the train in Zamardi with the rest of the crowd and follow the signs to your campground or apartment.

In the Festival cost
Everything is extremely expensive by Hungarian prices.

You will pay between 2.50 and 3 dollars USD for a beer.

Average food will be about 4 dollars up to 6 dollars.
A hotdog will cost you about 3.50.

Their are areas where you can charge you phone. You leave it at a booth and get a wrist band..pick it up later.
It'l cost you about 2.50 USD

See and Do

That doesn't matter though. Each Campsite has little food, drink ect venues. You could sit around all day in your campsite and never be bored if you want to.

Everything is paid for with a special pass you have to put money on.
like a prepaid credit card.
You exchange cash or use your card to charge it at booths located everywhere...its convenient because you don't have to carry money or a wallet around everywhere with you.
Can can just pocket the one card or purchase a lanyard for a couple dollars more.

At the end of your time..You can turn your card back in.
They will give you cash off your card, plus the 500huf deposit for the card.

I don't know if they do it every year, but this year..they gave you a trash bag.
You fill the back up with trash and turn it in for an extra 500huf

I hope you bring a decent tent.. I didn't skimp and bought a decent 2 person tent just for myself.
There was a horrible downpour for a entire day and night this year..Lots of people were shit out of luck with their shitty day tents.

* Festival habits are in play..don't bring anything you don't want to possibly get destroyed or stolen.
Both pairs of shoes I brought will have to go through the wash a couple times. and someone stole the American flag right out of my campsite ( Fucking haters)

There are lots of little bars and mini clubs lining the Balaton strip.
At least a dozen little interactive games and such

Their is also a Gym!
All of this is free.. you can walk in and out whenever you want.

Utilize the gym..Spend 10 minutes and get that pump going, so you can show off in your tank top.

All the stages are spread out perfectly.. just far enough that you can have multiple shows going on at the same time and not have the sounds overlap into each other to hard

Make sure too get to the big shows a little early.. otherwise you are gonna be way in the back.

The music doesn't need to be talked to much.
It changes every year..
This year they had a coupe big names.
Wiz Khalifa, Disclosure , Diplo

Dont be hesitant to just go to a random act.
I had never heard of Rudimental until this show.. and now I love them

Girls and Guys.
For one...the running joke is that Balaton Sound is the biggest Festival in Belgium.
This place is overrun by Dutch people.
Its almost hard to find Hungarians here in the see of Dutch.
And even harder to find Americans. If you are American and make yourself know... You will be rare here
I can count on one hand the Americans I met there
*You'll probably find them..cause us Americans will carry our flag everywhere

Simply being American..Girls often walked up to talk to us and take pictures.
This resulted in lots of groupies and girls telling up how much they like Americans...aka..this resulted in lots of phone numbers and later meet ups.

On the flip side..I had lots of male groupies.
probably 1 drunk male groupie for every girl
Most of them were chill.. but some of them were annoying.
One hungarian guy followed me around for a good 30 minutes while I was making out with a chick trying to get her to my tent.
He wasnt cockblocking.. he just had a hard on to go to america and live the American dream.
No matter how many people hate on America around the world..We are still the symbol that everyone wants to be part of.
Being black also got random girls grabbing on me during the Wiz Khalifa Concert.

And easy pick up line or conversation starter would be.

You're Dutch..aren't you.
Or
I didn't know there were any Hungarians here.

* I also theorize that a lot of Hungarians rent apartments..because they know the area and don't wanna be in the gaggle fuck of tents.
I know quiet a few Hungarians that told me they rented apartments...But the average foreigner doesn't have the time to navigate the logistic of renting.

That being said the girls here are amazing.
Its either short shirts or short shorts. or bikinis.
Eye candy and ass for days.

I almost forgot to mention..
There is a long as beach..Get your prime real estate and scout out the honeys for a couple hour.

Balaton as a lake..is extremely interesting. Its shallow..The deepest point is only about 40 feet deep.
But it seems like the Average is no more than 5.
You can easily walk 200+ feet and be able to comfortably stand up.

When the weather is good.. most people are just hanging out at the beach chilling, napping, playing soccer or tossing a ball around until the evening when the big shows start.

People are extremely friendly.
You can walk and talk to damn near anyone.
I ended up with a small phone book of numbers or Hungarians or groups of girls that will come back to Budapest.
Of course most of these numbers are useless..but its not hard at all to meet people.

on two different days I brought girls back to my tent to hang out, pre drink..ect
Everyone just needs an excuse to have fun.

* If you wanna get technical...Check peoples bracelets to see what campsite they are in.
You are only allowed into your own campsite.

So if you are trying to bring a girl from camp 1 to camp 2... forget about it..or pay ten euro ( which isnt worth it..cause its an extreme hassle to get more camp tickets and they more than likely wont give you one)
I even tried to bring a girl from VIP to my camp site..and they denied her also.

[Image: weB0esXl.jpg][Image: utovJAZl.jpg]
I wrote a lot
And dont know what i missed out. If you want more info just let me know

I am the cock carousel

more pictures from balaton
[Image: DA6g1fIl.jpg]
[Image: 1AfmR4cl.jpg]
[Image: cWG1OXzl.jpg]
[Image: 66cPQ4Ml.jpg]
[Image: YdJjDpDl.jpg]
[Image: maHwvsTl.jpg]