rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NSA developing quantum comp: End of Btc?

NSA developing quantum computer -- BBC

It would probably take the computer five minutes to mine every single last bitcoin and every other cryptocurrency to date.

the peer review system
put both
Socrates and Jesus
to death
-GBFM

Quote: (01-03-2014 01:41 PM)svenski7 Wrote:  

NSA developing quantum computer -- BBC

It would probably take the computer five minutes to mine every single last bitcoin and every other cryptocurrency to date.

Even if they do develop large quantum computers (a big if), bitcoin could add new "quantum based" security features (quarkcoin already has this) to its protocol. No biggie.

quantum computing has been in the works since 2002, I'm not worried.

Well, anything NSA related worries me.

Quantum Computers are still nowhere near the level where they will threaten bitcoin. I would liken where quantum computers are to where computing was when they were still using vacuum tubes instead of transistors and computers took up entire rooms.

I just read the other day that the NSA are also keeping tabs on elected representatives. The next US president will be who the head of NSA decides him to be.

Quote: (01-05-2014 09:09 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

I just read the other day that the NSA are also keeping tabs on elected representatives. The next US president will be who the head of NSA decides him to be.

Vic, that's not new. It's been that way for over 50 years.

The NSA also watches the elected representatives of other countries. The next prime minister in Europe will all be selected by them. Remember the New York sex scandal that ruined a French presidential bid? Remember how it turned out to be a fraud? Whoops!

the peer review system
put both
Socrates and Jesus
to death
-GBFM

Vic, that's not new. It's been that way for over 50 years.

The NSA also watches the elected representatives of other countries. The next prime minister in Europe will all be selected by them. Remember the New York sex scandal that ruined a French presidential bid? Remember how it turned out to be a fraud? Whoops!
[/quote]

Remember the New York sex scandal that ruined a crusading governor who took on the big banks as attorney general and was probably on track to the presidency .......

No matter what the NSA develops, there will always be some kid working in his parents garage or basement who will make obsolete whatever they are developing.