rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ex-NFL Punter and Gay Rights Activists Strikes back at Team

So Chris Kluwe was a punter for about 8 years for the Minnesota Vikings. He's the best punter in the franchises history in terms of some statistics, and was always pretty steady. He began to start speaking out on behalf of same-sex marriage, and he feels like he was let go from his job because of his activism.

http://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-player-...1493208214

Quote:Quote:

Hello. My name is Chris Kluwe, and for eight years I was the punter for the Minnesota Vikings. In May 2013, the Vikings released me from the team. At the time, quite a few people asked me if I thought it was because of my recent activism for same-sex marriage rights, and I was very careful in how I answered the question. My answer, verbatim, was always, "I honestly don't know, because I'm not in those meetings with the coaches and administrative people."

This is a true answer. I honestly don't know if my activism was the reason I got fired.

However, I'm pretty confident it was.

To me the guy seems a little miffed that he got cut and is attacking his old coaches. His vendetta against the special teams coach seems to be leaving a lot unsaid and really paints him as way worse of a human being than I think could exist in a position like that. He should understand that it's a business and he should've seriously stepped up his play in order to protect his job, because there's always another guy waiting in line to do your job just as well and keep quiet while he's doing it. What're your guys thoughts on this?

Wait a minute, I thought leftists were all about getting people fired for saying controversial things?

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Talking about gay rights is like handling plutonium.

I was driving home tonight and listening to a Public Radio station that does a short 10-15 minute news segment each night with a guy named Bob Collins. I really like Bob, you can always tell that he doesn't just repeat what he heard as news, you can tell that he actually contemplates the news and presents it in a manner that is appropriate and digestible.

That said, he could barely make it through a sentence because it is so hard to avoid statements that can't be somehow twisted into some sort of negative view and label a person a bigot and go viral and ruin careers. It's ridiculous actually. With an atmosphere like this there isn't even a way to fairly communicate and engage in dialogue without fear. Which is really one of the lefts biggest weapons, fear. You have to fear the repercussions of disagreeing with them because they have come to control so much of popular culture. Speak out against them and get shamed, ostracized, and banished from public life.

You can hear the conversation here. Gets interesting around the 6 minute mark.

Quote: (01-02-2014 07:34 PM)Gopher Wrote:  

Which is really one of the lefts biggest weapons, fear. You have to fear the repercussions of disagreeing with them because they have come to control so much of popular culture. Speak out against them and get shamed, ostracized, and banished from public life.
When one doesn't have logic or reason on one's side, as leftists usually do not, one must demonize the opponent in order to 'win' the argument. Better yet, instill fear in the opponent, so that there is no argument to begin with.

[Image: Liberal-Tolerance1.jpg]

[Image: liberal.jpg?w=627]

I feel like there hasn't been a shift in the culture in terms of how we accept people that are different from us, as much as our targets have changed. Back in the day, the article would be "We just discovered this person is gay!" and he would face derision and be forced to resign from his position and whatnot. Nowadays, it's reversed and "We just discovered this person doesn't support homosexual marriage!" is a big accusation.

Raiders cut him too. Sour grapes imo.

Massive case of sour grapes.
Not to mention, Chris Kluwe has been an attention whore his entire career.

Quote: (01-02-2014 07:03 PM)dads Wrote:  

This is a true answer. I honestly don't know if my activism was the reason I got fired.

However, I'm pretty confident it was.

That's all you need to read. It's the gay victim mindset. Everything negative that happens to you is because of your sexuality. There is no other possible explanation, including being annoying, bitchy and unlikeable. Same goes for fat people.

Too many people lack the capacity for honest self-reflection.

Chris Kluwe was cut because he made too much money for an average punter...

Having opinions has real life consequences...

I respect the right of the coach or any players to have negative opinion re: gays.

That being said, I don't think it's too much to ask to have a work environment free of harassment, abusive language and retaliation. The problem is that most people view pro sports as an extension of the backyard games they played as kids. You called your friends "pussy faggots" why can't a pro athlete??? Not the same...

Quote: (01-02-2014 09:59 PM)BLarsen Wrote:  

Chris Kluwe was cut because he made too much money for an average punter...

Having opinions has real life consequences...

I respect the right of the coach or any players to have negative opinion re: gays.

That being said, I don't think it's too much to ask to have a work environment free of harassment, abusive language and retaliation. The problem is that most people view pro sports as an extension of the backyard games they played as kids. You called your friends "pussy faggots" why can't a pro athlete??? Not the same...

Yeah, he was making 1.8 million a year and was average in terms of compared to his peers. His replacement was a rookie making $400k. Kluwe as a vet is due no less than $800k.

I don't think it has anything to do with his politics: he could have been just as much of an activist the other way, and in fact I would be willing to bet if he had come out as anti-gay marriage they would have cut his ass right away. It's simple supply and demand. If you are a highly expendable employee that is essentially overpaid, and you are creating extra work for your organization and undue and unwanted attention like what Kluwe has done with his activism, then don't be shocked when they decide to find a lower-maintenance and cheaper person at your position.