rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Red Wing Shoes for $150

Red Wing Shoes for 0

Hi,

First post,

Well not $150 but I rounded up, $149.90 @ Nordstrom

Lots of sizes available for now..

Was cruising through the shoe thread enjoyed it and wanted to contribute,
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-26488-page-6.html

Saw a good deal for those of you who are interested in Red Wing Shoes (Great Shoe!),
Not sure on the model but it looks like a black version of the oro-legacy 875's I have, Either way RW makes some great shoes!

[Image: _6285781.jpg]

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/red-wing-cla...ts-_-1_1_A

Lots of reviews online but unlike a lot of other random sales (like on Sierra Trading Post) which are usually Factory 2nds,
This is probably a 1st, even if its not it's through Nordstrom so you can always return,

SIZE AT LEAST 1/2 or 1 SIZE DOWN!

Red Wing Shoes for 0

Found out the model, it's Red Wing 8130

Again this is a good deal.. usually retail for $250
EBAY Prices

Pics after it's been broken in
[Image: DSC_0098.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0097.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0095.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkhNiA43vF3Knd8aYJ5Ub...Hzw5g3nl-w]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmwbFBLv91VSfu2sdpAdS...r5yDrwMT-T]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBX9LQ0N7vts0HXfR8ZCy...hnwXY2czmg]

Enjoy!

Red Wing Shoes for 0

Not really digging em, not sure why

Red Wing Shoes for 0

Damn, I'd be in if they were brown. The black is still tempting at this price though.

Red Wing Shoes for 0

Much style..such price

Red Wing Shoes for 0

Good fucking looks man!

Red Wing Shoes for 0

I'm not a huge fan of Black boots but these would look sick once worn in with dark jeans, I already have the brown 875s, and waiting on a deal for either the Red Wing Beckman or Wolverine 1000 for a more dressier going out boot (if anyone has advice on or picked between those two chime in!)

If people are concerned about the price of the shoes, realize that if you treat these shoes with boot oil like once a month or two, you can still trash them and they'll last a long time, plus they look better with age and become extremely comfortable, more of a rugged look, and you can always replace the crepe sole at a Red Wing Store or cobbler for 90$ since they are goodyear welted.

**ANOTHER DEAL**

I mentioned briefly about Factory 2nds, which are basically the same shoes with a few dents, blemishes etc..

If you go to Sierra Trading Post and check their Red Wing Shoe Selection

They currently have a coupon code SITEEVE1213 which gives you an extra 20% off the already reduced prices they have

OR strong OR .. sign up for their deal flyer which gives you 30% Off instead... [Image: smile.gif]

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/dealfly...11-_-30off

For instance you could get a Red Wing Heritage 9075 (Factory 2nds)
[Image: 17187.jpg]
for about $106 bucks before shipping after discount..

However if you are a first time RW buyer.. just buy from Nordstrom since those are Firsts and not Seconds

Red Wing Shoes for 0

I own the same boots and love them to death, the great thing is I don't see a lot of people wearing them.

I paid $260 cdn, so that price is a no brainer.

After this winter I will need a new sole, I am curious as to how much that will run.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Red Wing Shoes for 0

Quote: (12-31-2013 07:36 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

I own the same boots and love them to death, the great thing is I don't see a lot of people wearing them.

I paid $260 cdn, so that price is a no brainer.

After this winter I will need a new sole, I am curious as to how much that will run.

lol you might see a few more than usual,

Go to a RW Store if theres one near you, 90-110 USD for the Crepe Sole, won't matter if you bought your shoes at the store or in a shady alley, should be same price, IF any cobbler charges you more than that i'd say tread carefully.. pun intended

Red Wing Shoes for 0

Quote: (12-31-2013 05:13 PM)Enigma Wrote:  

Damn, I'd be in if they were brown. The black is still tempting at this price though.

If you go to shoebuy.com they have a 20% off coupon rite now for all their RW Boots,

[Image: vasqu569166_289076_jb.jpg]

So this one for bout 200$, not drastic I know but if you don't have a RW Store near you might as well and save 50$

BTW

seems the Clarks DB Beeswax gets a lot of love
[Image: tumblr_m0qtnwmHkD1qajhjjo1_500.jpg]
You can cop those (In Beeswax other styles are cheaper) @ Amazon rite now for as low as 84$ usually retail @ 120

These are being sold directly by Amazon and not some random amazon seller.

http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Originals-M...282&sr=1-2

Red Wing Shoes for 0

I'm just not too keen on how narrow desert boots are. sometimes i feel like i'm wearing elf boots or some shit.

Red Wing Shoes for 0

Thanks, OP! Got a pair! Free shipping, too!

Red Wing Shoes for 0

@ startedfromscratch - thanks for the info, unfortunately we don't have RW stores in Canada. People here like to follow the herd and luckily the herd doesn't sport them. I am sure a few hipster dudes in the city (Toronto) wear them.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Red Wing Shoes for 0

I got the Beckman's.

Destroyed my bank acct but fuck me are they the shit.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/red-wing-beckman-boot/

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Red Wing Shoes for 0

Quote: (01-01-2014 02:19 PM)ElJefe Wrote:  

I got the Beckman's.

I'm debating on that or the Wolverine 1000

I believe the Beckman holds up better but not as dressy as W1000

What made your choice?

Red Wing Shoes for 0

Quote: (01-01-2014 02:52 PM)startedfromscratch Wrote:  

What made your choice?

I have both. I prefer the Wolverine 1k's. The toe on the Beckman is way too bulbous imo. I use it more for workwear, everyday beater use. I wouldn't wear it if I was going out, though I used to.

To my eyes, the 1 K's have a sleeker design with a less pronounced toe, despite the similar profile. The leather feels higher quality too, much softer than the Beckman. The 1K was also comfortable from day 1, whereas the Beckman had a lengthy breaking-in process till they finally became comfortable.

The Beckman is better for shittier weather, because of the sole it uses. I wouldn't wear my 1 K's if it was raining or snowing.

If it matters much, I've gotten way more compliments on my 1K's than my Beckman.

Red Wing Shoes for 0

I also have a pair of beckmans, paid 220 with shipping 2 years ago. The soles are still in good condition but the top leather has a gash. What do you guys recommend?

Red Wing Shoes for 0

Quote: (01-01-2014 08:16 PM)Byronic_Hero Wrote:  

I also have a pair of beckmans, paid 220 with shipping 2 years ago. The soles are still in good condition but the top leather has a gash. What do you guys recommend?

Idk if you have a local Red Wing store in your area but that's the first place you should look. If not, then take them to a reputable boot repair shop. FYI, for guys that have Red Wing stores locally, they offer free laces, oiling, polishing, cleaning, conditioning and miscellaneous advice for your shoe for the life of the shoe. Definitely take advantage of that.

I bought not only the brown Red Wing 875( for retail shown above), but also the Beckman boot and couldn't be happier. Nordstrom usually has an amazing sale around June called the 'Anniversary Sale' where they marked down a lot of big ticket items drastically. I got my Beckmans for 200 dollars instead of 330 last year so if you can wait it out that's an option too.

Red Wing Shoes for 0

Quote: (01-01-2014 02:52 PM)startedfromscratch Wrote:  

Quote: (01-01-2014 02:19 PM)ElJefe Wrote:  

I got the Beckman's.

What made your choice?

Actually, I thought the Beckman's were far more stylish! I went with cigar. Ideally, my final judgment should fall in 2030. I'll let you know how they're holding up at that time. So far I love them and I do get compliments.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Red Wing Shoes for 0

I just searched for it, found a store not far from me. Will call them today, thanks iWin

Red Wing Shoes for 0

Got mine today, look sweet

Red Wing Shoes for 0

If anyone is looking for a size 10.5 (Meaning you regularly wear a 11 or 11.5 in Nikes) Then Nordstrom has the brown for a buck fifty now!

[Image: _8372704.jpg]

After being worn in:

[Image: 567_image_1.jpg]

Red Wing Shoes for 0

delete

Red Wing Shoes for 0

I've been in the market for for a nice pair of boots for the last little while. For bang for your buck I decided to go with the Frye Arkansas boot.

[Image: attachment.jpg16412]   

Red Wing Shoes for 0

mine came in the mail a couple days ago. thanks OP, shoes are dope.