rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Cool Shit for Men Thread

Now and again, some cool ass shit gets dropped on a random thread, but then gets cataloged in the annals of RVF. Its time for a dedicated thread to drop information on interesting things you see out in the world that others may be interested in. Not just where to spend your money, but if and how what you are looking to buy will be cool. Many here are still learning, and this thread will save those guys some money and embarrassment. I know all things masculine, and something you want to buy is gay, I'll tell you how gay it is.

To set the stage.

[Image: attachment.jpg16185]   

Coolest collar stays, ever.

Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey.

A simple knife:

[Image: attachment.jpg16186]   

Quote:Quote:

The German Mercator knife is as simple as a locking knife can get. It has been around for over 140 years and has become an immortal classic. And it is still a great every-day utility knife at a reasonable price.

The corresponding Youtube vid, but I won't imbed as too many will bog down the thread, and that gets annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfFZbXBhB...=386&rel=0

Girls love basic knives, but won't pickup an auto. They just know. No tool will show such primal masculinity as a basic cutting instrument.

I second the knife. Even if you don't smoke, every man should also have a zippo lighter.

'Logic Over Emotion Since 2013'

Quote: (12-29-2013 05:16 PM)MHaes Wrote:  

Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey.

Any whisky not =/> to 40% alc/vol is for women and homosexuals.

When I do work around the apartment/car, this small purchase saves a boatload of time & aggravation:

[Image: attachment.jpg16187]   

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WU9...PDKIKX0DER

ST Dupont Lighter

Quote: (12-29-2013 05:47 PM)Frontenac Wrote:  

I second the knife. Even if you don't smoke, every man should also have a zippo lighter.

Zippo's are the standard. I quit smoking but will still carry one.

Quote: (12-29-2013 05:58 PM)Nolecbo Wrote:  

When I do work around the apartment/car, this small purchase saves a boatload of time & aggravation:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WU9...PDKIKX0DER

Every man should also have a multi-tool. I recommend Leatherman, and would stay around the Rebar size. Much bigger and you're getting ridiculous. Swiss Army knives are still awesome, but I just can't trust a knife that doesn't lock. I've almost lost fingers with those.

[Image: attachment.jpg16188]   

I've done field service work for years and couldn't do without one of these on my belt. One stays in my vehicle, and the serrated blade is always reserved for emergencies (cutting seatbelts).

What about cutlery?

Better to spend 800 on a good set from cutco?

Or some Henkel?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

If you want the masculine and cool kitchen, start with the drinkware:

[Image: attachment.jpg16193]   

32 oz= Infused h20
16 oz= Beer
8 oz= Wine/mixed drinks
4 oz= Whisky neat

Cool shot glasses are always the way to go.

[Image: attachment.jpg16189]   

[Image: attachment.jpg16191]   

http://gearmoose.com/16-cool-shot-glasses/

Pair up with cool ass ice cubes, but only for the short jars. Just put regular ice in the 16 and 32 oz ones.

[Image: attachment.jpg16192]   

Quote: (12-29-2013 07:03 PM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

What about cutlery?

Or some Henkel?

Most sets are shit. I say build your knife collection one knife at a time. I researched that an 8", high carbon steel with a full tang is the best for a chef knife. German or Japanese. I got mine from Brazil.

Chef knife first and everything else second.

Consult thedude for more info.

I use a mix of Chicago Cutlery, Heinkels, and Wustof. Some I bought, other were Xmas presents/hand me downs. Be careful buying sets, as you'll get a lot of steel you don't need, like a bunch of steak knives. I also read somewhere knife blocks build up bacteria. I like the magnet blocks better anyways.

I've been wanting to try Shun, with round handles for awhile.

[Image: attachment.jpg16194]   

If you guys want to talk about real tools let me know. This stuff if for the Jezebellas

[Image: craftsman-1470-pc-tool-set.jpg]

Craftsman 1470 piece tool set.

Own a Kukri knife.

[Image: attachment.jpg16195]   

Then learn its made, along with the Gurkhan history. Know how to sharpen and take care of it. Of all the countless blades I've owned, carried, or trained, with, that is the one I'll always choose for battle.

[Image: attachment.jpg16196]   

This company makes the official issue blades. I've ordered and had no problem with the international shipping. Amazing weapons.

http://www.khukurihouseonline.com/Conten...697|5f4843

Quote: (12-29-2013 08:42 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

[Image: craftsman-1470-pc-tool-set.jpg]

Craftsman 1470 piece tool set.
That wouldn't last a month with me.

^ and piss me off with all the stripped crap I'm going to have to drill and re fit

Did you guys know a knife has 0 purpose in the shop? There's something better for every task.

Quote: (12-29-2013 09:10 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

^ and piss me off with all the stripped crap I'm going to have to drill and re fit

Very happy with my Craftsman tools, but then most are 20 years old.

Quality gone down?

Snappy, Mac, Matco etc have good stuff but way pricey for the DIY guy.

Quote: (12-29-2013 08:58 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Own a Kukri knife.

Then learn its made, along with the Gurkhan history. Know how to sharpen and take care of it. Of all the countless blades I've owned, carried, or trained, with, that is the one I'll always choose for battle.

This company makes the official issue blades. I've ordered and had no problem with the international shipping. Amazing weapons.

http://www.khukurihouseonline.com/Conten...697|5f4843

Youre a contractor.
I know soldiers all given a lot of room to carry their own knife...but do you think this could still pass in the regular military?

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (12-29-2013 07:03 PM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

What about cutlery?

Or some Henkel?

Shun or Global. Whichever feels better in your hand. I have a set of Shuns, they are heavier but I like them alot. Globals looks dope but they're a little too light for my large, manly hands.

[Image: 99858_285.jpg]
[Image: globalknife.jpg]

You should have one 8-10" chef's knife, one 6" utility knife and a 4" pairing knife. Accessorize with matching kitchen shears and a serrated bread knife and this will be good for 99% of your uses. There's no way in hell you need anything from Cutco. Whenever I see this in someone's kitchen, I think to myself "this person is a sucker for an MLM pitch from their friends".

Probably one of the most aesthetically baller ways to make coffee. Super easy, looks good, cheap people will be impressed.

[Image: large_37_NewMokaExpressLarge.jpg]

I personally use an aeropress for my own personal consumption since its a better cup and more controllable for my uses, but when the bitches are over, I use the Moka Express.

Quote: (12-29-2013 10:26 PM)PartyonBro Wrote:  

Probably one of the most aesthetically baller ways to make coffee. Super easy, looks good, cheap people will be impressed.

[Image: large_37_NewMokaExpressLarge.jpg]

I personally use an aeropress for my own personal consumption since its a better cup and more controllable for my uses, but when the bitches are over, I use the Moka Express.

What is it about the aeropress that makes a good cup of coffee? Haven't come across one of those before.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (12-29-2013 10:26 PM)PartyonBro Wrote:  

I brought my little cafe maker back from the DR. It is boss. Need to upgrade to a bigger one though.

For the traveling player;

[Image: 81uB5J-4v2L._SL1500_.jpg]

http://www.amazon.com/Picnic-Time-Manhat...000QTUJWO/