rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Your 2014 personal and travel goals/plans thread

Time to hear what everyone's travel goals/plans are along with personal goals for the new year. There is already a 2014 fitness thread out there so keep that in mind.

My travel goals/Plans are:

Hit up a 2nd/3rd tier city here in the US in the first quarter of the year.
I also plan on heading to Europe in late May.

Personal goals:

Get out and enjoy life more(aka work on my game) instead of focusing all my efforts on work.

Find something to volunteer for. As both for personal and professional growth.

Find a new hobby. I use to fish a lot so maybe I could take that up. I'm still learning French in my free time also.

Oh yeh..get paid.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Add $80k to my net worth

Learn French. Refine my Spanish.

Get back into classical guitar (started up again a couple weeks ago). Really into it, like pro level. Not sure what for but I'll figure that out later.

Ski my ass off.

Visit at least 3 new countries.

Fuck at least one 9.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Weekend trips to multiple major U.S. cities I've never seen.

Potential trips to Italy, Japan, and Canada. My skills speaking Japanese and Italian are always improving.

Volunteering is a potential for me too. The better my life gets, the more I want to give back.

Increasing my financial independence is always a priority. As is increasing my recreational activies.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Continue working on my French and become conversant. Will be going to Montreal several times to practice and I have a couple penpals on the 'net

Get back to playing basketball religiously like I was in high school and college. Gotta take advantage of my athletic ability while I still have it

Make a big chunk in student debt and develop a second income stream

Take first trip to Brazil in November

Signed up archery lessons and capoeira this winter

And of course improve game

Last year, I made one life resolution:

Quote: (12-20-2012 12:33 AM)All or Nothing Wrote:  

I will resolve my fear of rejection.

I actually accomplished that resolution, along with it I overcame a lot of my anxieties and learned how to chill the fuck out (for the most part).

Again, I only have one resolution:

I will obtain a great work ethic and maximize my time.

After overcoming a lot of my anxieties and fears this year, I realized I want all the greatest things life has to offer. After some reflection, I came to the conclusion that it would only be possible if I developed good habits and took those things for myself by the sweat of my brow.

By the end of next year, I will be living life on 110.

Physical goal: hit 10-12% bodyfat range (@about15-16 now)

Self-expression: learn Portuguese fluently

Wealth/liberty: move to Brazil with the financial means to do it without working for someone else.

Go to Colombia and one other country in South America, probably Ecuador or Peru.

Have some more specific stuff, but that's a good general overview.

Goals:

-Be more disciplined overall, I'm great at starting things but SUCK at follow through
-Be smarter with budgets and my finances (again discipline)
-Keep up my work ethic at work and keep kicking ass/getting new projects

-Get to the gym more, and be MUCH more organized on what I'm eating. Years ago I was in the gym 6 days a week when I was in school, and now I'm just lacking in the motivation to go. That MUST change immediately.

-Travel wise, I would like to either go see more mid-tier US cities-as others have started-or honestly, figure out what I need to do if I would really like to work abroad. If I really want to go live in Germany or Brazil, I MUST get serious about it immediately and put in the work that is necessary to get there. It might be a long shot, but I know if I don't start to work on it now-I simply may be asking myself years from now...'What the hell happened?' If I cant move abroad, then I at LEAST want to visit Eastern Europe, Norway/Iceland, Canada (Montreal) or South America next summer. If I dont move abroad, I also then.... at the LEAST I MUST move to a bigger city next summer. Need more opportunities and people that know about the world, I cant STAND close minded people. Plus I've already been in my current city for 5-6 years. Shit gets BORING real quick and you run into the same people and same situations. It SUCKS. Also-whatever US city I move to, I want stay there for the next couple years.

-Because of the above (wanting to move to a new city) I also must therefore network out my ASS, and create an online portfolio or delve into things that will give me better online presence or the digital skills necessary (ie web design and programming -etc.) to be more advantageous on the job market.

-EVERYTHING starts with attaining better discipline and organization. I will have to break down the big goals into smaller ones, and follow through with them weekly. I looked for work for ALL of last year and finally got something this year. I wanna take that momentum and just jump OFF this year.

2014=Momentum

2014 = My year of saving.

In January I'm going to Vegas with a group of friends for ASW (marketing convention). After Vegas I'll rent a car and drive out to LA for a few days. From there, at the end of January, I'll fly out to Thailand by myself. In Thailand i'll go to Krabi for about a month and focus primarily on rock climbing. After Thailand I might check out Bali for a week. I'll be back in Bangkok in March for a networking event and will meet up with a couple of friends. After Bangkok I'll go to Japan. I may stay in Japan for a month, will have to see how things go. Not sure where I'll go after Japan, but I want to check out Mongolia.

My plans are open for the summer, but I want to go back to Ibiza, and see more of Eastern Europe. It's hard to say. I'm too impulsive.

I'll be traveling a lot, but the main focus on 2014 is to get money. I want to make so much money in 2014 that I can quit the current industry I'm in and move onto bigger, more stable things. I want to be making massive international investments (hence my desire to check out places like Mongolia... I want ideas).

2014 will be the year of positivity and action for me.

I spent most of this year in my head overthinking things or trying to find the best way to do something before doing it. I debated for months whether I should go teach English, move to the oil money or move back to Vancouver. I dropped approaches over the littlest things even though I wasn't swarming in pussy.

I find a certain clarity in negativity, but it only lets me discuss the past and present. I'm looking forward this year. If I think of doing something ill do it, if I want to buy something ill rely on my own judgement instead of reading reviews for 2 hours. If I see a girl I like I won't hesitate, saying hi is a better approach than even spending 30 seconds thinking of something witty to say.

That kind of stuff. I have some methods I'm working on to curb limiting beliefs and negativity. I also will spend time in introspection figuring out what I really value in life, but no more fucking around!

redacted

Quote: (12-25-2013 11:13 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Get back into classical guitar (started up again a couple weeks ago). Really into it, like pro level. Not sure what for but I'll figure that out later.

If you can sing that will be an invaluable skill in the DR. Learn to play Dile mi amor and watch the pussy melt.

After this financial disaster, next year will be one of money. My family thinks I'll hit it big somehow, so we'll see. As far as travel, I'll be on the money trail, with a few side trips planned, but nothing epic for awhile. My current job is full of international travel to some exotic destinations, but the pays is mediocre. Huge potential for networking though.

N. Dakota is not in the equation, as W. Pennsylvania, W. Texas, and the Gulf Coast are rife with oil money. The latter is really gonna 50K tradesman short by 2015. I stopped making plans years ago, cause shit changes so much, but to be successful nowadays, it pays to remain nomadic. I'm setting up for different paths though

1. West Texas- What is shithole, but I'll suck it up and stack some cash. There's potential for me to make $500-$700 a day out there. I could work 6 months, then take a year off.

2. W PA/NYC- Not holding my breath, but will continue networking for an opportunity here. Not a long term investment, but I like it up there and have a lot of exploring to do.

3. GOM- Fucking huge shithole. BUT! It is better than Williston, and puts me in striking distance to the DR, El Salvador, and Tampa. Due to big projects coming up, I see the opportunity to work onshore and still get a rotation. Right now a 28/28 or even 21/21 would work, as I'd make a beeline to NoLo airport and be trekking south of the border on my off time. I used to work for one of the most reputable companies out there, and should be able to sink back in easily.

4. Worldwide- A lot of U.S. companies are hiring for oil/gas jobs in some surprisingly exotic destinations, much unlike 5 years ago. The layout has changed, so if the opportunity to work in Dubai/Manila/Caspian Sea pop up, I'm gone like Donkey Kong. Some headhunters are hiring on the spot for these places, but I need to go get my offshore certs first. Its not easy to have your cake and it it too, but making fat bank out of the Phils is one of those times. I will spend some serious effort on this.

5. Writing a book-That's been on hold. Will continue once I get back on the move. Hard to concentrate right now, and I can't even hardly sit down to play the Xbox even. Most of my day is pacing like a caged tiger.

Beat my approach anxiety and approach at least 10 girls a week
Learning Norwegian
Travel to Norway
Save Money
Practice Meditation

1/20

Booked Seoul in April, Busan in May, and Tokyo in June. Probably Europe in September and Bangkok in December.

Personal goals: 100 notches, BJJ Blue Belt, lift, vasectomy, sell/donate all my unnecessary shit, learn a bunch of languages.

I'm moving to Japan in March to teach English. I can hardly wait.

I am aiming for less leisure/life experience travel to focus on making money and improving my lifestyle in the long term. I also want to be a one-bag traveller, so I'm aiming to optimize my packing and what I bring so everything will fit in a Patagonia MLC bag.

That being said, I'm penciled in for Hawaii, NY, Chicago, Philippines, Spain and Germany with a few random trips to Vegas in there.

I'm making my 2014 goals actionable and feedback-driven. Every week that passes in 2014 I'll know if I am on track on not because all of my goals (or most of them at least) are action and not outcome-based. I can do all of them no matter what.

Limit masturbation to only one day a week*
10-20 approaches per week*
Read one new book every 1-2 weeks*
Train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu 3-7 hours per week; earn purple belt in BJJ by year's end
Visit one new city per month on a weekend trip
Practice goal-focused self-hypnosis sessions 3x/week (30 minutes per session)

I want to add language learning in there somewhere but I don't have a resource for that yet.

* The Roosh Program http://www.rooshv.com/the-roosh-program

I got some members to track down. Biz ops all the way, and a couple party meets. The potential here for us to merge our skills and bank serious cash is unreal. I got a lot of hard ideas, but need experts in the fields:

Programmers
Writers
Fighters
Trainers
Teachers
Managers
Killers
Players

This is the1 Linkedin of the players world. For those of you that have been skeered to meetup, don't. That fag shit of 'bring something' is a punk ass statement. I've met some of the most interesting men off this forum, with portfolio's to match, and NONE of us judged each other. We ALL started somewhere, and are climbing up.

In this world finding others that can balance party/play, or even know the difference is damn near impossible. We're truly the 1%. Not Bill Gates. He's a geek with all the money and no pussy. Let's keep it on the low key and have our cake and eat it to.

I mean for fucks sake, we cry about men getting gayer, and women acting worser, shouldn't we circle the wagons and cash in on it? We believe in us, start our empire, and fund us. Am I speaking to myself here?

Quote: (12-26-2013 07:31 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I got some members to track down. Biz ops all the way, and a couple party meets. The potential here for us to merge our skills and bank serious cash is unreal. I got a lot of hard ideas, but need experts in the fields:

Programmers
Writers
Fighters
Trainers
Teachers
Managers
Killers
Players

This is the1 Linkedin of the players world. For those of you that have been skeered to meetup, don't. That fag shit of 'bring something' is a punk ass statement. I've met some of the most interesting men off this forum, with portfolio's to match, and NONE of us judged each other. We ALL started somewhere, and are climbing up.

In this world finding others that can balance party/play, or even know the difference is damn near impossible. We're truly the 1%. Not Bill Gates. He's a geek with all the money and no pussy. Let's keep it on the low key and have our cake and eat it to.

I mean for fucks sake, we cry about men getting gayer, and women acting worser, shouldn't we circle the wagons and cash in on it? We believe in us, start our empire, and fund us. Am I speaking to myself here?

Agreed. I try to utilize members as much as possible to help others. Ex: website development etc.

Why go off Craigslist when we have thousands of members with expertise?

I think there's alot of $$$ to be made if we created a thinktank with members who are down to follow through, not just talk about it.

--My number one focus will be my health, which is generally overlooked by many. If I'm not healthy, I cannot transfer my passion to other arenas of life. I will eat mainly a paleo diet devoid of carbs with one cheat day per week and train BJJ daily and join a power-lifting gym. I'm 28 and my testosterone dropped by 200 points from 19 to 28. It has affected me brutally in terms of mood and fatigue. I will do whatever it takes to get it in the highest percentile again. You, as a man, are your T level.

--I will totally revamp my look and wardrobe. I've already started by dropping 2k on jeans, shoes, blazers, pocket squares, ties, boots, bracelets, earrings, etc. Mark Nason, Brioni, Gucci, Magnanni, Fendi, Givenchy, Charvet, and all quality shit in general. No Zara, Gap, or Old Navy crap. Want to get one custom suit made at least, which will most likely be an IndoChino one, since fit is the sticking factor with a suit and not the label.

--I will focus on crushing my approach anxiety by doing the GLL AA program and I will stick to my phenibut/kratom regimen, which is golden. My job forces me to be social, and if I'm not in the mood, burning some kratom puts me in the mood. I have all the tools: just need to motivate myself to go out dolo and just do it. By crushing my approach anxiety, I will aim for one new notch a week, which I think is totally doable as I will have maximized my looks, social freedom, and general swagger.

--Expand my mind by reading one new book a week. SWIM wants to try mescaline and DMT as a way of hitting the reset button and get into isolation chambers.

--Generally be a better person to family and friends.

--Jump back into learning Russian, Spanish, and Portuguese, as 30 is right around the corner for me, and I will be forced off to greener pastures. I did spend one year outside the U.S. (2012/2013), and while it was refreshing to get out, it wasn't the panacea I was hoping for. Old demons crept back into my life and I came back to the U.S. Better squash everything and try again in a few years with a fresher, newer perspective. And totally new body and wardrobe. Oh, and more cheddar..

--Build a large social circle.

--Further grow the monster between my legs. Bathmate Xtreme and Bib ftw!

--Not party on NYE and do what the G does: further plan my moves for 2014. 2012 was the best year of my life, but I'm sure 2014 will trump it by me being pro-active and fearless.

Quote: (12-26-2013 07:31 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Programmers
Writers
Fighters
Trainers
Teachers
Managers
Killers
Players

I've been thinking this for some time. Take the top 50 posters, let's start a think tank and scam the world. No reason we shouldn't be able to walk away with a mil each. Hedge fund? Identity theft? Fraud? I'm sure we could pull off something big.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Being an old operations/ linear programming guy i believe in one goal, with other constraints.

For 2014 it will be - double my business over last year. With the following constraints.

- not getting fat (i.e I could just eat shit, not exercise while doing it, making it easier)
- minimum of 2 trips to see family

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Goals:
- Reach fluency in Chinese. It's going to take a lot more than just my classes in school to achieve this. I will be able to do freelance translation work by the year's end. Not that I want to do that, but just to keep options open.

- Keep the guitar in my hands. I'm OK now, but I want to be good enough to teach it by the year's end. Again, not that I want to just teach guitar after school, but to have more options and a little fun along the way.

- Fighting: I used to do Karate as a little kid and haven't done anything fighting wise for a long time. It is a very valuable skill to be able to scrap and I want to know how to do it and defend my self. Now that I have a much better idea of where my life's going, fighting is a skill that will probably come in handy in some fourth-world shithole five or ten years down the road. I want to get an MMA or a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu trainer/class for at least 3 months in 2014.

-I already mentioned my fitness goal for 2014: dunk a basketball. Accomplishing that would be so amazing that I wouldn't even be able to describe the feeling I'm going to get.

-Game: 3 HB6's or better. Go on at least 5 or so mad approach weekends where I do like 20 approaches.

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

learn to read japanese somewhat well

Finalise my move to Russia, should be all sorted in January/February, and take my Russian skills from intermediate to advanced level.