rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any Networking Nerds on the forum?

I have a question for the networking gurus on here. Let's see if you can answer it.

What I want to do is connect to 2 or more wireless networks with my computer and I want to distribute my torrenting load between them in order to increase my download speeds.

I think it's called link aggregation.

I know you can have multiple wireless adapters and connections simultaneously but what happens is one becomes the primary connection and all internet traffic goes to that connection.

I'm running Windows 7 but I'm open to doing it on Linux if that is the only way.

Any ideas?

Team Nachos

Quote: (12-17-2013 07:21 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I have a question for the networking gurus on here. Let's see if you can answer it.

What I want to do is connect to 2 or more wireless networks with my computer and I want to distribute my torrenting load between them in order to increase my download speeds.

I think it's called link aggregation.

I know you can have multiple wireless adapters and connections simultaneously but what happens is one becomes the primary connection and all internet traffic goes to that connection.

I'm running Windows 7 but I'm open to doing it on Linux if that is the only way.

Any ideas?

Is the torrent one big file, or multiple small files?

What you are looking for is Round-robin routing. Say you had a 10MB service, you can use round-robin to have two computers get 10MB each, but you're not going to get one computer to 20MB.

Thanks for answering. I'll read up on the round robin setup.

Most likely one big file. Like game ISOs or operating system ISOs. Is there a way to assign a range of ports to each network connection?

Team Nachos

Quote: (12-17-2013 10:52 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Thanks for answering. I'll read up on the round robin setup.

Most likely one big file. Like game ISOs or operating system ISOs. Is there a way to assign a range of ports to each network connection?

If it is one file you aren't going to be able to do what I think you want to do.
If the file has multiple pieces to it, then divide the pieces to the different connections.

You're going to need multiple network cards.

Check this out. Looks like there's a "software router" program that can do what I'm looking for.

http://m.tech2.com/how-to/windows/how-to...ver/688442

Team Nachos

Quote: (12-17-2013 11:12 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Check this out. Looks like there's a "software router" program that can do what I'm looking for.

http://m.tech2.com/how-to/windows/how-to...ver/688442

All it does is have a failover for the fastest speed

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2038839/r...ility.html

From your same link:
Quote:Quote:

The hidden detail here is that combined bandwidth isn't directly additive. Two 20 Mbs connections won't yield a 40 Mbs single-socket download, for example, but they will allow for loads to be balanced and intelligently routed to an available adapter with the most suitable bandwidth. BitTorrents and other software that utilize multiple sockets will allow downloads to reach full combined speeds, however.

Team Nachos

Nice find.

It's on sale for $33 lifetime license for both Dispatch and Hotspot Pro. May just bite...

Quote: (12-17-2013 11:35 PM)NY Digital Wrote:  

Nice find.

It's on sale for $33 lifetime license for both Dispatch and Hotspot Pro. May just bite...

I've been trying to do this for a long ass time. I'm about to order 4 new wifi adapters [Image: lol.gif]

If any of you guys try this please come back and post your experiences.

Team Nachos