rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Plants won’t grow near Wi-Fi Router

Student Science Experiment Finds Plants won’t Grow near Wi-Fi Router

[Image: CWlMsQt.jpg]

Ninth-graders design science experiment to test the effect of cellphone radiation on plants. The results may surprise you.

Five ninth-grade young women from Denmark recently created a science experiment that is causing a stir in the scientific community.

It started with an observation and a question. The girls noticed that if they slept with their mobile phones near their heads at night, they often had difficulty concentrating at school the next day. They wanted to test the effect of a cellphone’s radiation on humans, but their school, Hjallerup School in Denmark, did not have the equipment to handle such an experiment. So the girls designed an experiment that would test the effect of cellphone radiation on a plant instead.

The students placed six trays filled with Lepidium sativum, a type of garden cress into a room without radiation, and six trays of the seeds into another room next to two routers that according to the girls calculations, emitted about the same type of radiation as an ordinary cellphone.

Over the next 12 days, the girls observed, measured, weighed and photographed their results. Although by the end of the experiment the results were blatantly obvious — the cress seeds placed near the router had not grown. Many of them were completely dead. While the cress seeds planted in the other room, away from the routers, thrived.
The experiment earned the girls (pictured below) top honors in a regional science competition and the interest of scientists around the world.

According to Kim Horsevad, a teacher at Hjallerup Skole in Denmark were the cress experiment took place, a neuroscience professor at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden, is interested in repeating the experiment in controlled professional scientific environments.

Team Nachos

Link?

I'm curious what wifi routed they used, how they tested for the presence of rf radiation, and if they put the control into a faraday cage.

Oops my bad. Here you go:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/student-sci...er/5336877

Come on now these are school girls. The router could be in a dark dry heated closet for all we know [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Countdown to insane WYB post in 3...2...1...

Quote: (12-16-2013 10:14 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:  

What's insane about it?

[Image: wtf.jpg]

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

The blonde in the red shirt is the best looking one. They're 9th graders though fellas ...which means they're 14. Might be fair game in Denmark. Not sure.

Team Nachos

Quote:Quote:

Five ninth-grade young women from Denmark recently created a science experiment that is causing a stir in the scientific community.

It started with an observation and a question. The girls noticed that if they slept with their mobile phones near their heads at night, they often had difficulty concentrating at school the next day.

According to Kim Horsevad, a teacher at Hjallerup Skole in Denmark were the cress experiment took place, a neuroscience professor at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden, is interested in repeating the experiment in controlled professional scientific environments.

Come on. Girls don't become women until they lose their looks, because that's when they actually have to start behaving like adults--and sometimes, not even then.

Figures that this all started due to female obsession with cell phones.

Did any of the girls think perhaps it is because blasting light in your face while exchanging dopamine-stimulating texts with your equally vapid friends leads to difficulty falling asleep, and thus resulting in poor attention spans the next day?

Of course not. It's never their own fault, has to be evil cell phone technology's fault.

Experiment needs more replication indeed. Perhaps the girls got lucky and it indeed is a real phenomenon, but a lot of scientific "stirs" end up going away because they fail to be replicated, but you don't hear about that... especially when they're proffered as an example of GIRRLLL--err, WOMEN POWER.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (12-16-2013 10:22 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

What's insane about it?

They're NINTH graders champ! [Image: jailhump.gif]

Quote: (12-16-2013 11:14 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:  

Quote: (12-16-2013 10:22 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

What's insane about it?

They're NINTH graders champ! [Image: jailhump.gif]

Alright, next year then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_con...pe#Denmark

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Quote: (12-16-2013 11:19 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

Alright, next year then.

I feel you, I do. Nobody is a bigger opponent of social engineering laws than me. If people want to tote guns, smoke dope and bang teenagers I don't see why it's any of the government's business.

But sadly, female voters have pushed these agendas to the breaking point in America. We have the highest incarceration rate in the world because of these kinds of "protect the children" laws.

[/derail]

Quote: (12-16-2013 11:27 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:  

Quote: (12-16-2013 11:19 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

Alright, next year then.

I feel you, I do. Nobody is a bigger opponent of social engineering laws than me. If people want to tote guns, smoke dope and bang teenagers I don't see why it's any of the government's business.

But sadly, female voters have pushed these agendas to the breaking point in America. We have the highest incarceration rate in the world because of these kinds of "protect the children" laws.

[/derail]
You're good, i'm only....[Image: troll.gif]

Hmm might be able to verify their research. I have a Dracnea, Aloe Vera and a smaller snake plant here in the room near the wifi. All have shown pretty slow growth compared to the 8 or so plants in the bedroom. They were all purchased right around the same time. I think when we go home, we are going to get rid of the wi-fi in the house and just make everything router/cable based.

Quote: (12-16-2013 10:43 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

The blonde in the red shirt is the best looking one. They're 9th graders though fellas ...which means they're 14. Might be fair game in Denmark. Not sure.

Paul Walker dated 16 year olds when he was twice their age, haven't heard any peeps of outrage about that.

Would, wouldn't, wouldn't, would, would.

[Image: pedophile-comedy_o_734513.jpg]
[Image: 5458c7dfd08a28f8fcf4d2e6831bdb819fc43650...123c18.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

The saddest thing is not a single one of the girls was willing to give up her cellphone for 12 days for the sake of science.

If that was true there wouldn't be any plants near a building. In my apartment alone I can catch at least 5-6 WiFi networks. Plants and trees near my apartment are growing normally despite the fact they are surrounded by over 7 apartment buildings which means at least 6-7 WiFi routers per building, with 4 of them giving a stronh signal where the plant is. If I may guess, they probably left the plants in a dark place, forgot to water it many times and spent only a few minutes with the plants every day to photograph the plants and nothing more. Maybe they even put it literally near the router - all that heat can't be good for the plants. Unless they give details about how they did the experiment, I call it bullshit - digital wireless signals (like wifi, bluetooth...) use much less power, need much weaker signal and and transmit much less that an equivalent analog wireless signal (radio, TV, cellphone signal...). So, do plants grow near GSM towers? Do they grow near a radio or a TV station?

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

I don't buy it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but why would your cellphone be emitting radiation if you are not using it(e.g. while sleep)? From what I understand, if you're not actively talking on it, it's not sending out much energy. It's in receive mode and listening for signals from the cell tower, not sending energy the way it would if you were making a call. I can't conceive of how having it near your desk at night near where you sleep would be responsible for making you groggy the next day. I'm sure there are a bunch of other explanations for their lack of concentration.

As for the plants, I'd like to see that repeated in an actual lab. It just doesn't pass the smell test. Wifi signals just like radio/tv signals are non-ionizing radiation. There's no reason they should have any effect on plant growth.

Edit--

Does anyone else notice a trend in the last few years of the media hyping up the scientific "achievement" of some teenage girl or group of girls? I know there's this big push to get girls into science and I think the media is grasping at anything they can to make science less "sexist".

I see some people here running to try and discredit this. Skepticism is always healthy with scientific findings that have yet to be properly reproduced and peer reviewed. However I believe the establishment will do everything in its power to attack this experiment, there's little need for us to pile on.

Regardless of the actual value of the experiment this is exactly the kind of inquisitive mindset kids should be encouraged to grow today.

The electromagnetic emissions from cell phones are at least strong enough to induce a current, I've noticed that with my phone near my computer it periodically makes my speakers buzz, and when i was using an old backup crt monitor it caused the screen to flicker. Of course none of that should have any effect on living organisms.

I turn my phone off at night when I sleep and unplug everything. I wake up a lot more coherent.

Emfs are fucking us on the daily. This we know.

How do you reverse it?

Walk barefoot in the grass with some hippie chicks.

Quote: (12-17-2013 12:35 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I don't buy it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but why would your cellphone be emitting radiation if you are not using it(e.g. while sleep)? From what I understand, if you're not actively talking on it, it's not sending out much energy. It's in receive mode and listening for signals from the cell tower, not sending energy the way it would if you were making a call. I can't conceive of how having it near your desk at night near where you sleep would be responsible for making you groggy the next day. I'm sure there are a bunch of other explanations for their lack of concentration.

As for the plants, I'd like to see that repeated in an actual lab. It just doesn't pass the smell test. Wifi signals just like radio/tv signals are non-ionizing radiation. There's no reason they should have any effect on plant growth.

Edit--

Does anyone else notice a trend in the last few years of the media hyping up the scientific "achievement" of some teenage girl or group of girls? I know there's this big push to get girls into science and I think the media is grasping at anything they can to make science less "sexist".

First of all, let us Americans notice that you don't have to be a dykey butch with short hair to make a difference as girl. Kudos to these girls for actually looking like girls.

Speakeasy-

Because cel phones are constantly pinging. They send out signals even when the screen isn't on. They are constantly checking to see if any thing is new.

Avoid putting them to your head for long periods of time.

I saw this earlier today as well.

The cellphone thing is so new, that we don't really know the long term effects of it.

The fact that these girls were able to show how powerful it is with such a simple experiment is proof of how dangerous they might actually be.

Of course, phone companies don't want you to know about it.

Truth is that the experiment is so simple, and you can you easily get those plants, that if you don't believe them, you can go and do the experiment for yourself.

Quote: (12-17-2013 04:18 AM)soup Wrote:  

Speakeasy-

Because cel phones are constantly pinging. They send out signals even when the screen isn't on. They are constantly checking to see if any thing is new.

The cellphone thing is so new, that we don't really know the long term effects of it.

The fact that these girls were able to show how powerful it is with such a simple experiment is proof of how dangerous they might actually be.

Truth is that the experiment is so simple, and you can you easily get those plants, that if you don't believe them, you can go and do the experiment for yourself.

I just have a hard time believing that if this was true, nobody would've discovered this prior to these teenage girls. I don't mean phone companies. There are many scientist and researchers out there that I'm sure would've been waving the red flag by now. It's like you have some people running around claiming microwave ovens leave your food radioactive. If that were true we'd know about it. Someone would've presented some case-closed evidence in all these years. Some grad student looking for his PhD dissertation...anyone.

I could end up being wrong but my guess is that this is just the media trying to hype up the accomplishments of women in science and technology by presenting every one of their "findings" as something significant. Hardly a month goes by that I don't see some article about a 13 year old girl on the cusp of inventing a cold fusion generator or something.

Quote: (12-17-2013 05:24 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (12-17-2013 04:18 AM)soup Wrote:  

Speakeasy-

I just have a hard time believing that if this was true, nobody would've discovered this prior to these teenage girls. I don't mean phone companies. There are many scientist and researchers out there that I'm sure would've been waving the red flag by now. It's like you have some people running around claiming microwave ovens leave your food radioactive. If that were true we'd know about it. Someone would've presented some case-closed evidence in all these years. Some grad student looking for his PhD dissertation...anyone.

I could end up being wrong but my guess is that this is just the media trying to hype up the accomplishments of women in science and technology by presenting every one of their "findings" as something significant. Hardly a month goes by that I don't see some article about a 13 year old girl on the cusp of inventing a cold fusion generator or something.

I don't know, man.

Try it out in your house if you are unsure. It seems like a really easy experiment.

My guess is that the plants would need to be very close to the antenna for it to affect it's growth.

Even at powerful installations like mobile base stations, the EM radiation levels drop to negligible levels within just a few meters, so I'd imagine a piddly wi-fi routers field wouldn't extend much beyond 100-200mm.

I'll be interested to see the findings of more studies like this though. There's a shitload of unnatural radiation going around for our convenience now, you'd be a fool not to consider the possibility that it's a mixed blessing.

Quote: (12-17-2013 05:41 AM)Vroom Wrote:  

My guess is that the plants would need to be very close to the antenna for it to affect it's growth.

Even at powerful installations like mobile base stations, the EM radiation levels drop to negligible levels within just a few meters, so I'd imagine a piddly wi-fi routers field wouldn't extend much beyond 100-200mm.

I'll be interested to see the findings of more studies like this though. There's a shitload of unnatural radiation going around for our convenience now, you'd be a fool not to consider the possibility that it's a mixed blessing.

Again, any guys here who are interested in this should actually go and try it for yourself and then report back. Everything else is just hearsay.